Automotive

Anyone ever use Leasebusters to takeover a lease?

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2018 12:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2447 posts
421 upvotes

Anyone ever use Leasebusters to takeover a lease?

I've been checking lease busters and looking for an upgrade.

Some of them seem to be very good deals, demo models from dealers.

Anything I should be wary about with Demo models?

I was looking at these two - what are you thoughts? Seems a lot cheaper than getting a new lease on a new model.

I also do not plan on buying out vehicle after the lease

2018 Audi Q3
http://leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=239080

2017 Infiniti QX50
http://leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=230528
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3935.00
25 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11056 posts
5485 upvotes
Toronto
Search the forum.

As for the cars, well, demos are priced similar to new some give incentives, others do not. Some include PDI/Freight.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2447 posts
421 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:06 pm
Search the forum.

As for the cars, well, demos are priced similar to new some give incentives, others do not. Some include PDI/Freight.
Well, after pricing on the website, these leases are about $150-200 cheaper per month, I'm just wondering if there is a catch?
The Infiniti QX50 is existentially the same price as a new Nissan Rouge , is it too good to be true or am I missing something?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11056 posts
5485 upvotes
Toronto
blues45 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:20 pm
Well, after pricing on the website, these leases are about $150-200 cheaper per month, I'm just wondering if there is a catch?
The Infiniti QX50 is existentially the same price as a new Nissan Rouge , is it too good to be true or am I missing something?
They might make you pay for x, y and z when you are going to sign the paperwork. Remember, this isn't the paperwork and it doesn't say anywhere that this is out the door or on the road. Call the dealership and get them to email you an on the road quote but I suspect you're savings of $150-200 will be quickly eaten away once you start talking numbers.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2447 posts
421 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 12:27 pm
They might make you pay for x, y and z when you are going to sign the paperwork. Remember, this isn't the paperwork and it doesn't say anywhere that this is out the door or on the road. Call the dealership and get them to email you an on the road quote but I suspect you're savings of $150-200 will be quickly eaten away once you start talking numbers.
Done, I spoke to them, I upped the km's to 20k per year. Tax in $460 on a four year term. No other fees, a little over 3000km in so 103,000km allowance. Only thing. Factory warranty started Jan 2017 so we're about a year in on the 4 year factory warranty. How does that look? Buy back at end of lease is around 18k. But I'm not going to keep it.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11056 posts
5485 upvotes
Toronto
New Car Factory warranty = 4yr or 100,000kms.
Lease end date = 10/09/2021. Car is registered in Jan 2017, warranty expires Jan 2021.
How long is the lease for? If 4 years you will be well out of warranty before your lease expires. Not sure if that's cool with you, but not for me.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2447 posts
421 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:30 pm
New Car Factory warranty = 4yr or 100,000kms.
Lease end date = 10/09/2021. Car is registered in Jan 2017, warranty expires Jan 2021.
How long is the lease for? If 4 years you will be well out of warranty before your lease expires. Not sure if that's cool with you, but not for me.
48 months or 100K, whichever comes first... so Jan 2021 is the end of the warranty, but with such a low monthly lease, I may list the car back up on leasebusters/kijiji before the term of the lease is up.
I may have to pay an incentive if i go that route,
I have my deposit down, waiting for the Tesla 3 anyways for late 2018, which i assume will turn into early 2019...
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11056 posts
5485 upvotes
Toronto
blues45 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:38 pm
48 months or 100K, whichever comes first... so Jan 2021 is the end of the warranty, but with such a low monthly lease, I may list the car back up on leasebusters/kijiji before the term of the lease is up.
I may have to pay an incentive if i go that route,
I have my deposit down, waiting for the Tesla 3 anyways for late 2018, which i assume will turn into early 2019...
lol, or 2020.

Anyways, IMO, not many people would be looking to procure a low monthly payment, out of warranty 'luxury' car with months to go or to buy out @ $20k+ (even budget ballers choose cars). The whole purpose of the lease is to always have warranty, ditch it when problems/accidents arise and drive something new.

Again, just IMO, you'll do what you want.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2447 posts
421 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 2:57 pm
lol, or 2020.

Anyways, IMO, not many people would be looking to procure a low monthly payment, out of warranty 'luxury' car with months to go or to buy out @ $20k+ (even budget ballers choose cars). The whole purpose of the lease is to always have warranty, ditch it when problems/accidents arise and drive something new.

Again, just IMO, you'll do what you want.
Thanks for your help, hopefully the wait isn't that long...
May 8, 2017
192 posts
72 upvotes
In case I get into a lease with the remaining term of approx.10 months. What are the different things I should check before?
Some of the things I have in my mind are;

1. Lease Guard Protection
2. Maintenance warranty
3. Previous Accident History

Is there anything else which I should be checking?

What can be the different charges asked by the Dealership at the end of the Lease?
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49362 posts
14615 upvotes
I wouldn't even take over a lease unless I want to buy the car at residual value.

Of course, some may need a vehicle for a short duration.

I still think vehicles for Lease take overs will likely have not been in any accident compared to listings on autotrader (why are people selling 1-2 year old cars is baffling unless they can show a lease or purchase contract they are going to pay down with the sale proceeds) but makes sense to still have it inspected.
    I would want to pass on the lease because:
  1. I am leaving Canada
  2. I figured it is costing me too much when there are alternatives like public transport or buying a used car instead or my job no longer necessitates traveling
  3. I damaged the vehicle, repaired and didn't report it to the insurance co. or wore the car down beyond normal wear and tear
For short term leases, the third reason may be most apt and likely.
May 8, 2017
192 posts
72 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:32 am
I wouldn't even take over a lease unless I want to buy the car at residual value.

Of course, some may need a vehicle for a short duration.

I still think vehicles for Lease take overs will likely have not been in any accident compared to listings on autotrader (why are people selling 1-2 year old cars is baffling unless they can show a lease or purchase contract they are going to pay down with the sale proceeds) but makes sense to still have it inspected.
    I would want to pass on the lease because:
  1. I am leaving Canada
  2. I figured it is costing me too much when there are alternatives like public transport or buying a used car instead or my job no longer necessitates traveling
  3. I damaged the vehicle, repaired and didn't report it to the insurance co. or wore the car down beyond normal wear and tear
For short term leases, the third reason may be most apt and likely.
Thanks Alan, I am looking for a short term lease, 1 year max. , So that's why considering this option. Will look for any previous accidents then....
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49362 posts
14615 upvotes
greenfury wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:57 am
Thanks Alan, I am looking for a short term lease, 1 year max. , So that's why considering this option. Will look for any previous accidents then....
If outside the factory warranty period, then wear and tear and particularly repairs that the manufacturer may ask you to cover.
Nov 13, 2006
908 posts
522 upvotes
What is a good cash incentive to offer potential"sellers".
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49362 posts
14615 upvotes
I was told asking for two months of lease payment and maybe the lessee paying the transfer fee makes most sense.

I would never pay anyone to takeover a lease unless the car inspection results in a pristine report and car has really low mileage.