Shopping Discussion

Anyone experience shopping rage while X-mas shopping?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2008 3:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2370 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
xstatik wrote: Yorkdale Mall Parking Lot :evil: :evil:

Need I say more! (There is rage there on the slowest shopping days of the year, let alone Christmas time)
YD parking lot is for child play. Try Pacific mall on weekends and during xmas times. Bunch of crazy asian drivers in a limited parking area = hell waiting to happen. Thats why i dont go there anymore.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> long lineups in stores with one cash open out of 6, and 12 employees on the floor asking if they can "help" people, etc, etc, etc.

Not everyone is trained/allowed to use the till, especially if they're Xmas hires.

> I totally read that as "a rest and a crap" the first 3 times I read the sentence.

That's how the name "rest rooms" was invented ;) .
Dec 9, 2006
844 posts
2 upvotes
xstatik wrote: Yorkdale Mall Parking Lot :evil: :evil:
darkmagician wrote: Try Pacific mall on weekends
I'm getting angry just reading those names... Bad memories... :mad:
Account no longer active, I was wasting too much time online.
Feb 22, 2004
113 posts
4 upvotes
It seems when I am shopping I'm always in someone elses way. Nobody ever thinks they might be in my way. Weird. But I'm sick of it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6367 posts
245 upvotes
Nikita wrote: While standing at the counter, one of my bags accidently bumped against someone...barely noticeable and she didn't react at first but, since this comes naturally, I said 'oops, I'm sorry'. To which she just looked at me and looked away. So I said 'k...sorry for saying I'm sorry'. She turned to me and literally yelled 'DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM'? LOL..to which I answered, 'yes, I have a problem with people who can't accept an apology'. At that she shouted 'just shut the hell up!'
OP, you sure she's not the wife of the neighbour guy on another thread. The guy who called the cops on the neighbour kid for trespassing by shovelling his snow? LOL Sounds like it could be. :lol:
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
I was at walmart on saterday...one word......"ZOO" :mad:

I was conned into going by my Bored hubbyl

I went back today (had to) but i went at 9am & it was SOOO PEACEFUL ;)

people are so frustrated this time of yr..there is so much preasure to buy the perfect gift...especially if you have KIDS!

whats the moral?.....SHOP EARLY!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
Yep the holidays always brings out the worse in shoppers due to stress, crowds, looking for the right gift, etc. I've learned to make a list of exactly what to get, buy it on weekdays, and have it wrapped weeks beforehand. I don't even bother visiting places like Wal-Mart on weekends anymore except really late since most of them are on holiday hours (some here are now open 24 hrs).

I have seen some instances of xmas rage, usually at parking lots with people fighting over parking spaces, throwing curse words, etc, quite pointless.

If only people could calm down and understand that everybody is probably stressed out this time of the year.

This is why I do boxing day shopping online :D
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I wonder if crazy Xmas shoppers would give you space if you smelled really bad.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2003
3906 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Nikita wrote: I was Christmas shopping yesterday at the mall and stopped at Starbucks for a rest and a capp. While standing at the counter, one of my bags accidently bumped against someone...barely noticeable and she didn't react at first but, since this comes naturally, I said 'oops, I'm sorry'. To which she just looked at me and looked away. So I said 'k...sorry for saying I'm sorry'. She turned to me and literally yelled 'DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM'? LOL..to which I answered, 'yes, I have a problem with people who can't accept an apology'. At that she shouted 'just shut the hell up!' Whoa! Totally caught me off guard, the baristas were looking at her like she was a whack job as well. Anyway I just shook my head and laughed and walked away.

Anybody have any similar shopper's rage experiences yet?
Seems to me you started it. You said sorry and didn't get a response so got pissed off? sheesh. You don't apologize to someone because you expect a response - you do it because you are genuinely sorry.
Sure, the other person could have responded but not responding doesn't mean you can just do whatever.
--
There is no happy ending
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
41 upvotes
darkmagician wrote: YD parking lot is for child play. Try Pacific mall on weekends and during xmas times. Bunch of crazy asian drivers in a limited parking area = hell waiting to happen. Thats why i dont go there anymore.
I forgot about Pac Mall. I don't even go there because of the hell in that parking lot.

However, I do avoid the PARKING CHAOS by parking on a residential side street on the other side of Kennedy.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2158 posts
620 upvotes
Scarborough
Pmall = worst parking lot ever. Angry drivers fighting for spots + random kids running around in front of cars. People there seem to think the roads are sidewalks and don't even move when cars are driving around them.
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
362 upvotes
Etobicoke
deltone wrote: OP, you sure she's not the wife of the neighbour guy on another thread. The guy who called the cops on the neighbour kid for trespassing by shovelling his snow? LOL Sounds like it could be. :lol:
LOL...good point, but I think the other OP is in a different city.
Sylvestre wrote: Seems to me you started it. You said sorry and didn't get a response so got pissed off? sheesh. You don't apologize to someone because you expect a response - you do it because you are genuinely sorry.
Sure, the other person could have responded but not responding doesn't mean you can just do whatever.
Yeah I started it by apologizing...uh huh :rolleyes: Once again, reading comprehension FTL. I did get a response, a dirty look. I didn't get pissed off, I laughed (the latter two you would have known if you had some reading comprehension skills). And yes, the other person giving me a dirty look does mean I can do 'whatever' (as you put it), say something (as I put it), say anything I like, just as my saying I'm sorry does mean she can be as rude as she likes. And when one is rude, they should expect to be treated like a rude person. Geez, you're making this a much bigger deal than I did, are you possibly related to this rude woman?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)