Shopping Discussion

Anyone got their Domino's account hacked?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2020 2:44 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10692 posts
117556 upvotes
Montreal

Anyone got their Domino's account hacked?

Hi there,

Mine got hacked 2 days ago, I only notice it when I saw an order that I didn't place in my SPAM box. All my free pizza been redeem. The funny part is, I got their address...

Fake name and number, of course, but the address is real...

Name on Order: [removed]
Delivery Address: [removed] , LANGLEY, BRITISH COLUMBIA [removed]
Callback Phone #: [removed]
Your Domino's Store (10090): 4061 200 St Langley BC V3A1K8 | 604-534-2277
Delivery Time: Approximately 35-45 minutes

Ju Leon...
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 7th, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posting an individual's private info violates RFD rules
28 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3797 posts
1803 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Pizza Pirates!

I’ve seen threads about this before, but my treasure is still safe.

Contact dominos and they should return your pizza points.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9374 posts
605 upvotes
Mississauga
hvwkzq wrote: I truly wonder how people get hacked. I have been using the exact same password across dozens of unimportant websites like eBay, Domino's for almost a decade because I don't want to open my password manager for those websites, and never had a problem.
Thats what i wonder...

I remember in the summer time i read somewhere i think on FB via Narcity or something that people recorded their free pizzas being redeemed.
RFD 39-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1097 posts
572 upvotes
Brampton
I hope domino's replaced your treasure
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19501 posts
4649 upvotes
Thornhill
I've gotten a few mass reset emails recently, there was a few large password leaks last year. One of them was Cineplex, Harvey's and Domino's. Thankfully all my passwords were changed when I got an email when the leaks happened from a newsletter sent from the site vkizzle mentioned.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10692 posts
117556 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I never got a reset e-mail...

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16281 posts
6422 upvotes
I did a little while ago and the same thing - they redeemed a free pizza. I contact Dominos and they refunded the points provided I changed the password. The pizza order went to my email but I didn't notice since I was at supper. It of course gives the address, etc. but that does no good when it's an apartment building.

I assume it was simply a password I re-used on other sites. For sites I care little about and have no financial information in I am not as worried about these things.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8366 posts
2234 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this what the world has become. Hacking a pizza account. Wow. Is that hacking practise before you graduate in the hacking world like Karate?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2227 posts
566 upvotes
Ontario
Happened to me last year. They ordered the free pizza for pick up but never picked it up. Maybe a hacking group that hates dominos. I blame RFD for it since I only used that password on 3 things and I think they were hacked awhile back. I had same password for Netflix and someone logged on to that in Mexico so reset all your accounts that use the same password.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10692 posts
117556 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

All accounts should have step-2 verification now...

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30957 posts
16725 upvotes
Ottawa
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

All accounts should have step-2 verification now...

Ju Leon...
Dominos just added 2FA?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10692 posts
117556 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

No, I mean, all major apps should have some form of it...

Domino's got my points back, but I really hope they will do an investigation...

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16281 posts
6422 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Is this what the world has become. Hacking a pizza account. Wow. Is that hacking practise before you graduate in the hacking world like Karate?
When it's passwords being reused it's not "hacking". People can easily access lists of email addresses and passwords from breaches. They then try that email address and password on various sites.

The only "challenging" part is likely the writing of the script to automate the checking on various sites.

This is how most people have accounts compromised.