Food & Drink

Anyone had any experience with Nutrafarms?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2017 8:56 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
This is my second year ordering with nutra farms,and I really like the way the meat tastes, however the main reason i will keep re-ordering and never trust the meats sold in grocery stores, is due to the fact that I feel that ive been cheated for decades about nutritional facts and the chemical drugs and methods used to produce grocer quality meats. I wish nobody goes through the same problems that ive had( one of my family members got diagnosed with a serious disease thats caused by food sold in our grocery stores and fully approved by our government) based on my research, our governmnent fully approves of horrible treatment of animals, the use of drugs and different chemicals in their growth. Now,its well known that these practices significantly affect our health and shorten our life expectency. Nutra farms meat has been produced by local farmers who believe in ethics that are long forgotten. Ethics that brought us healthy foods for thousands of years. If you have a problem with your neighbor approaching you and offering a product thats produced with integrity and very healthy for you and it grows right here in ontario and creates jobs for your other neighbors and helps their families, and their families make a living; but you dont have a problem thats unhealthy and served to you by big corporations far awaythen just keep shopping in grocery stores.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
379 upvotes
Oakville
Wow, two new members only to post in this thread, pretty sketch. I'm a big fan of Nutrafarms but I wouldn't sign up to a forum just to post about it...
Nov 21, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
Jes i agree .And nobody is seriosly ill in your family do to grocey stor food right .I hope it stays that way...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1951 posts
192 upvotes
Thornhill
More and more of these new accounts appearing makes me not want to get this lol
Nov 30, 2013
1 posts
We purchased from Nutrifarms and felt it was great. Grocery store meats are tasteless and dangerous garbage from my experience and research (google "Canadian meat farm dangers"). We use to have to run around buying organic meets for big $$$ but this has been far more convenient for us. The taste is also amazing. We think it's a good deal. I recently noticed that they have a video on youtube which I gave us some re-assurance of how the meet was raised.
Nov 29, 2011
159 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Well well well. I joined here years ago when looking up on something else. I have them coming over later on and Im not even going to answer the door. Now that I know the prices. Those prices are out of this world and you don't really know where its coming from. I have a sister with a hobby farm and she does about 5 to 8 cows a year. I buy a half and it lasts me a year easily and it costs me about $600 bucks at the most. I know what im getting because I see them when up at my sisters farm. To pay $3000 a year for something they wont even give you the price per pound on is insanity. I buy my organic chicken around the corner at JW foods and its amazing fresh flash frozen chicken. They have other stuff too and the price of the chicken is the same as maple farms crap but way way better. Its easy to see just by cooking the meat and it still tastes good the next day cold. For those of you that eat meat more than 3 times a week....be careful even if it is organic, hormone free ect ect
Any way have a nice holiday all and yes I learned something here especially from the nutrafarm employees posts. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2375 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
hender444 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2013 8:55 pm
We purchased from Nutrifarms and felt it was great..
Err ya. Sure it did.
This thread is ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
538 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
You would have to buy organic beef to avoid GMO grain, which is commonly grown all over Canada.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Nov 29, 2011
159 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
They didn't even show up for the appt.
Dec 20, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
Kanata
We decided to give Nutrafarms a try in Spring 13, but will definitely not be renewing. The primary reason is that the meat did not last us anywhere near the predicted time, and some of the cuts were very disappointing. For example, we were out of back ribs in less than two months, chicken breast in about five months, and hamburger in about seven. We still have a number of strip loin steaks left, but that is primarily because we did not feel that they were of sufficient quality to serve to guests. The tenderloin was excellent, but the strip loins do not even come close to FarmBoy beef. Some of the steak cuts looked they were cut by an amateur butcher - very uneven thickness and way too thin to bbq in some cases. The bacon was far fattier than anything we would ever buy and the packaging was horrible - the fatty end was folded over itself making it very difficult to separate. It was tasty though, as were the pork chops and hamburger. The roasts in general were not that great. It is nearly impossible to gauge value as the package we received contained so many changes from the order list - I would guess that this is intentional to make an honest price comparison very difficult. The sales pitch emphasise the quality and the 30-day exchange if you are not happy with anything. 30 days came and went and we never got a call from anyone to see if we were happy or if we wanted to make any exchanges. If the company cannot walk the talk, then they are not deserving of any future business from me. Here it is Jan 14, and we have almost no Nutrafarms meat left and are still stuck with our $143.75 biweekly payments for another 4+ months!
Aug 11, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
My experience started off great. The salesman was great - very informed, polite and not pushy at all. Their figures seemed pretty compelling - not the cheapest meat around, but not a lot more expensive than grocery store prices for some much higher quality, local and fairly-treated meat. Since we didn't have a freezer, they got us a brand new one for an amazing price.

The meat was great - we loved everything we got to try, and we were saving most of the best stuff for some late-summer BBQing.

Unfortunately, the freezer they provided us malfunctioned, and more than half of our delivery spoiled. Our insurance will not cover as much as our deductible, and Nutrafarms have absolved themselves of any responsibility in the matter, offering no consolation whatsoever. I feel that if they had at least offered some sort of compensation, it would have salvaged our business relationship. Having had this experience, I doubt I'd ever stock that amount of meat ever again for fear of another disaster of this sort, and I would choose a different source in the hopes that they'd be more sympathetic to their customers.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
379 upvotes
Oakville
Ya we said we'll pass this year then they tried to say that we rented the freezer and not financed it and said they were going to come pick it up, good luck!
May 1, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
HAMILTON
My wife and I just received our first order. It was a basic 7 month order. So far the product we have tried is very good. We had the pork tenderloin last night which was good but not much different from grocery store bought pork. I must say that it has been a bit overwhelming. I was not here to receive the order but my wife and son were. When I got home my wife was pretty stressed because the freezer that we were sold was not big enough. Luckily we have an extra fridge and using that freezer as well as the one on the upstairs fridge we were able to store all the food. That seems to be one thing they don't prepare you for is the amount. I was also not too impressed with the freezer. It did come at a great price but ultimately you get what you pay for. The freezer had marks on it, you can't change the swing of the door and the shelves are not adjustable. This is something that we should have researched more but it would have been in the best interest of the sales rep to tell us this. My wife had to make some last minute changes to the area we were installing the freezer which was certainly a pain. As for the food, we will see. We definitely wanted to make a positive change in what we are eating and this seemed a good alternative. We'll see in seven months...
Sep 10, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
The meat is good in my opinion but the quantity they give you is kind of a joke. We bought the larger package, think it's for a family of three or four and it just me and my wife and it will basically last 6-7 months. We are on month 4 and are over half way done. That's with us eating out maybe twice a month and still buying random sales at the grocery store for meat. To me it's not worth it unless you can afford it. All the meat is delicious and doesn't shrink when you cook it so no complaints on the meat itself just the price is too much and not worth it. Might as well go to a local farmer and get half a cow for less then $1000.