Home & Garden

Anyone have any experience with Woodcraft.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2013 4:34 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
3969 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
Breton_Rex wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 2:17 pm
Did you get your 20% discount? If Yes, was it easy to get or you have to fight for it?
What store did you go? Thanks.
It was actually 25% off for our table style (Markham), and we ended up going with the smaller version instead (40"x60" w/ 4' bench) to save money. We figured 6 inches longer lengthwise wasn't going to make much of difference. Ended up being $1800 w/ delivery, though we might cancel the delivery if we can find other suitable arrangement and save ourselves the $100 delivery fee.

We originally wanted 66" with 4.5' bench because we could squeeze another kid in on the bench if need be. 60" is standard though for 2 people.

If it wasn't for the discount though, would still be shopping around, as their regular price is expensive compared to buying in Amish country.

When it comes to buying my dining room set in the future though, I will likely end up in Amish country. For the kitchen, this suits me just fine.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

Buy One, Get One (BOGO) is not a RFD sale, it's only a sale for people that can't do math
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
2568 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
We are looking for a solid wood table for a breakfast are as well as a solid wood set for master bedroom (king) and two solid wood sets for the kids (double)...

Had gone to Woodcraft and their prices are insane.

We went to http://www.solidwoodinteriors.com/ and their prices seem better. Anyone bought from these guys before?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
3969 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
cessnabmw wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 2:42 pm
We are looking for a solid wood table for a breakfast are as well as a solid wood set for master bedroom (king) and two solid wood sets for the kids (double)...

Had gone to Woodcraft and their prices are insane.

We went to http://www.solidwoodinteriors.com/ and their prices seem better. Anyone bought from these guys before?
I agree with you on the prices at Woodcraft, but with their promo discount, it brought the number back down to somewhat reasonable.

Went to Solid Wood Interiors (adjacent to Woodcraft), wasn't very impressed with the salesman (I assume he was the owner too). He was kind of sketchy. Even though I was giving him a good idea of what I wanted, he was just pulling numbers out of his head without actually referencing any prices. I asked him if he had any catalogues I could look at to give a better idea, and he acted like he could care less. Didn't end up seeing anything.

Can't really say if they do good work though or their prices (see above). I just didn't like the overall feeling of the place.

Buy One, Get One (BOGO) is not a RFD sale, it's only a sale for people that can't do math
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
3969 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
I emailed this place in Cambridge... http://mennonitefurniture.on.ca

They emailed me back decent pricing, but everything was unfinished work. You pay extra for staining. They also didn't do delivery to Markham.

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
2568 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 2:54 pm
I agree with you on the prices at Woodcraft, but with their promo discount, it brought the number back down to somewhat reasonable.

Went to Solid Wood Interiors (adjacent to Woodcraft), wasn't very impressed with the salesman (I assume he was the owner too). He was kind of sketchy. Even though I was giving him a good idea of what I wanted, he was just pulling numbers out of his head without actually referencing any prices. I asked him if he had any catalogues I could look at to give a better idea, and he acted like he could care less. Didn't end up seeing anything.

Can't really say if they do good work though or their prices (see above). I just didn't like the overall feeling of the place.
Please can you share some details on the "promo discount"?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2008
3969 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
cessnabmw wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 3:02 pm
Please can you share some details on the "promo discount"?
The promo is right on their website. They were doing 20-25% off select tables & furniture. I believe select chairs were 20% off (still too expensive even with the discount). The saleslady told me that they were going to reduce their discount starting Feb 1st, but who knows, it still might be on.

Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
I have a table similar to the one OP posted, and it was far less than $7000 (about half, I think). We bought it from Penwood Furniture.
Service was excellent and we ended up buying a bedroom set and office desk from there too.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
× < >