Computers & Electronics

Anyone have any luck exchanging a stuck pixel notebook at Canada Computers?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2011 9:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes

Anyone have any luck exchanging a stuck pixel notebook at Canada Computers?

Hey guys,

Just bought a brand new Asus laptop on Saturday. Turned it on, and to my disappointment, there's a very noticeable bright green dot at eye level on my screen. It is EXTREMELY annoying. I'm trying to ignore it but cannot stop looking at it.. Especially when watching fullscreen videos or just browsing the web. If it was far off in a corner, okay, I could live with it. But it's right at eye level :(

My laptop comes with an Asus Zero Bright Dot 30 day warranty, however, that comes with a 2 week turnaround time. I really really can't wait that long for my laptop, otherwise I'd do it in a heartbeat.

With that said, has anyone had any luck exchanging a laptop with a similar defect to mine? What did you say/what happened?

Hopefully CC will be nice about it as it comes with a 30 day (15 day direct replacement) warranty which will *hopefully* match Asus' Zero Bright Dot guarantee.

In a bit of a bind and would greatly appreciate your responses.

Thanks guys :)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
Have you tried contacting ASUS to see if you can drop it off and pick it up, the Service Depot is in Markham.
May 26, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
If you check your receipt it probably says something like 7 days Direct Replacement on it, Which means get it to CC ASAP.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Have you tried contacting ASUS to see if you can drop it off and pick it up, the Service Depot is in Markham.
Yes I did just that, and the rep on the phone said that because of tracking, they require the package to be sent through postal service - no drop offs allowed.

If it comes down to having to go through Asus, I will try calling the Markham facility directly and seeing if I can workaround this as I live relatively close to their service depot.
adent wrote: If you check your receipt it probably says something like 7 days Direct Replacement on it, Which means get it to CC ASAP.
Yes, my receipt indeed says 15 days Direct Replacement.

I tried searching online but couldn't figure out exactly what this meant or what it covers. But yes I called CC and asked them to hold a laptop for me. I am heading over ASAP after work.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
My sheisty buddy bought two laptops from CC and returned them both for full refund, no reason other then he wanted a test drive and ended up he didn't like them, you should have no problem.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
[QUOTE] Yes I did just that, and the rep on the phone said that because of tracking, they require the package to be sent through postal service - no drop offs allowed. [/QUOTE]

I am rather sure if you want to drop it off at Markham location, you can without the reason to spend on postal shipping cost. I was at their depot in May and the laptop was fixed on the spot.
May 18, 2005
694 posts
32 upvotes
Nowhere.
CC is getting better with customer service. You shouldn't have an issue taking it back.