Anyone have issues with Koodo texted promotions, but no details on site

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 4:44 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2017
262 posts
218 upvotes

Anyone have issues with Koodo texted promotions, but no details on site

I've been getting texted a Koodo offer, and got an offer extended text today that mentioned potential credits without getting into specifics, but when I log in to self serve I can never see details on the promotion. Sometimes it even gives an offer link of the offer in the top right, but when I click, it just takes me to the phones shopping page.

Is this something where I need to pick the phone and go a certain point into the ordering before the deal selection comes up?

The offer was the 15GB, $75 when using tab medium one. But with the extension they added "OR get up to $150 in bill credits when you upgrade with select tab sizes". I'd like to stay more or less on my own plan as I don't need anywhere near 15GB, but when I'm actually looking online in the phones the only credit i see is the $50 bill credit on the iphone 6s for all customers. And when I look in tab rate plans I don't see the $75, 15GB plan.

While I'm at it, I noticed that with tab medium I can basically get a slightly better 2gb plan for 45 than I currently get for 50. So is there a particular order I would have to do this? Order the tab medium phone, and then order the corresponding rate plan? Or vice versa.

I was BYOD originally so no tab selected right now.
1 reply
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
14287 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto
You need to have the rate plan in place before certain offers become available.

You also need to read to text to see if the extras are add-ons or a part of the base plan.