Computers & Electronics

anyone have this monitor? Acer K-Series 27" Widescreen LED Monitor K272HUL bmiidp

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2015 3:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster

anyone have this monitor? Acer K-Series 27" Widescreen LED Monitor K272HUL bmiidp

hi,
I see this on sale for 349.99 which is a great deal for a 27" 1440p monitorhttp://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ace ... d3129aen02. I have read a few reviews and find nothing really wrong about thsi except the lack of movement and bad speakers. I also read it only does 1440 through dvi cable which is fine for me unless in the near future (2-4 years) they will stop having those on on Video cards.

Looking for someone who actually has this or had it and not just speculation.
thank you.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
price is now 330 for two days...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7312 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
No experience with this monitor but based on specs you should be able to get full resolution @ 60hz through display port without problems. HDMI will be dicey depending on the HDMI specs of your computer and the HDMI specs of the monitor.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
it does 1440p on all three inputs.

there are many threads on this forum (search expired deals for my thread) where its been purchased alot
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
thanks

Edit:
well i ordered it - couldn't let it pass by at that price without trying it. Hope it is decent enough.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
OK i have been using this for a few days now and it is so far a decent monitor. only adjustments i had to make is to turn down the brightness dramatically but the colors and other settings are pretty good out of box (at least to my untrained mind). The monitor sits very low and has no way to raise it up except to put something below the stand. Tilts OK though. It was weird at first with the 1440p size but i am used to it now... i still wish 1080p had more pixels though - i would love a 1440p 30" but the one i found runs for $1050-$1650 depending on sale.

I have had a few headaches at night but am not sure if it is the monitor or a new medication i am on.... I am so confused about the flicker free monitors (this isn't one) that i see listed and not sure if that is what i need.

Bottom line is this is worth the $330 i payed but i am considering going a bit smaller with a 25" 1080p monitor from new egg. i kind of like seeing more of the screen without turning my head constantly. Ohh i am going to see if the monitor can reach 1440p with a dp? cord. private Reviews have mentioned it cant and refer to a Acer support page that also says it cant but someone here says it can. Not sure if that will change my mind do to future proofing.

anyone buy it while it was on-sale?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Keas wrote: OK i have been using this for a few days now and it is so far a decent monitor. only adjustments i had to make is to turn down the brightness dramatically but the colors and other settings are pretty good out of box (at least to my untrained mind). The monitor sits very low and has no way to raise it up except to put something below the stand. Tilts OK though. It was weird at first with the 1440p size but i am used to it now... i still wish 1080p had more pixels though - i would love a 1440p 30" but the one i found runs for $1050-$1650 depending on sale.

I have had a few headaches at night but am not sure if it is the monitor or a new medication i am on.... I am so confused about the flicker free monitors (this isn't one) that i see listed and not sure if that is what i need.

Bottom line is this is worth the $330 i payed but i am considering going a bit smaller with a 25" 1080p monitor from new egg. i kind of like seeing more of the screen without turning my head constantly. Ohh i am going to see if the monitor can reach 1440p with a dp? cord. private Reviews have mentioned it cant and refer to a Acer support page that also says it cant but someone here says it can. Not sure if that will change my mind do to future proofing.

anyone buy it while it was on-sale?
im using displayport to display port off my thinkpad dock just fine 1440p 60hz. use miniDP to displayport just fine straight frm laptop too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)