Cell Phones

Locked: Anyone have a problem unlocking their phone after Dec 1?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2017 3:06 pm
[OP]
Oct 18, 2015
11 posts
ontario

Anyone have a problem unlocking their phone after Dec 1?

Wondering if anyone is have a problem getting their cell unlocked since the Dec 1st rule change?
Which carrier? What is the reason you are given?
Any work around?
Share:
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3767 posts
647 upvotes
Brampton ON
Having problem unlocking my old iPhone 4 that was replace by apple.
Thank you for your generosity EY CG LJ
Shaw - Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

[OP]
Oct 18, 2015
11 posts
ontario
d1ulove3 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:47 pm
Having problem unlocking my old iPhone 4 that was replace by apple.
why are you having problems? is the carrier not cooperating?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
No problem for me. I'm with Freedom and they have the unlock service directly on their web portal. I unlocked my phone a couple of days ago. I logged in, entered my IMEI and was immediately given an unlock code.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1711 posts
151 upvotes
Just did it few hours ago with my old BlackBerry Passport from Rogers. Went to the Online Chat they specifically have a a team that only does unlocking. Since I clicked on the Tech support and it asked if this is for unlocking phones click here. So the whole process took about 10+mins. They just asked my current info, but I wasn't even using my old BlackBerry Passport anymore, I just wanted it unlocked. Quick and easy!
[OP]
Oct 18, 2015
11 posts
ontario
BRAISKI wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:38 pm
Just did it few hours ago with my old BlackBerry Passport from Rogers. Went to the Online Chat they specifically have a a team that only does unlocking. Since I clicked on the Tech support and it asked if this is for unlocking phones click here. So the whole process took about 10+mins. They just asked my current info, but I wasn't even using my old BlackBerry Passport anymore, I just wanted it unlocked. Quick and easy!
Braiski - Are you currently a customer with Rogers?
Sep 27, 2003
8293 posts
1629 upvotes
Newmarket
We already have several threads on unlocking including those with users that have issues.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/no-more- ... s-2106507/
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller