• Jun 27th, 2006 5:26 pm
Tags:
None
May 5, 2005
735 posts
42 upvotes
Halifax

Anyone have the Shed from Costco ? Apollo 8 x 8

I'm thinking about getting this shed and am looking for opinions of anyone that has it.

http://www.outstanding-keter.com/prod.a ... at=2&pr=20

Positives that I can think of.

I can probably get this home in my vehicle
Relatively easy to put together
Low maintenance
Price is decent
has shelving
has a floor
don't need to build a concrete pad
can use pegs to secure it to the ground

Negatives

Flimsy
No choice of color
don't know if it will last the years

I mainly need it for storing lawnmower and pressure washer, garden tools etc...
8 replies
Apr 17, 2003
7 posts
I was thinking of the one from Costco aswell. Hoping for some feeback too.

Out of interest, there was a garden thread earlier. Some people report having problems with rubbermaid sheds as it attracts hornet's building nests. Not sure if it's just the rubbermaid plastic or is it just plastic sheds in general.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=271939
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
There's one at my costco and it doesn't look sturdy at all. I think that the doors don't even close properly anymore...

I'd say buy a good one or buy the plans to make one using wood.
Jan 21, 2003
346 posts
103 upvotes
Edmonton
I got one of these from Costco and I'm really happy with it. Great shed for the price.
May 5, 2005
735 posts
42 upvotes
Halifax
dakewldude wrote:I got one of these from Costco and I'm really happy with it. Great shed for the price.
How long have you had it ? Can you elaborate on likes/dislikes and maybe how long it took you to assemble ? Thanks !
Dec 25, 2002
660 posts
229 upvotes
We've had this shed for a couple of years and for the price it is quite nice. My husband had no problem at all installing it (although he is Mr. Handyman) Just FYI he did take it apart this weekend to move it and he did find wasps in the roof (like actually nesting inside the roof) Also when he reassembled it this time he did add some extra screws to increase the sturdiness. All in all though it is decent for the price (although when we bought it was cheaper lol - not sure if I'd pay the $750 or whatever it is now)

Kelly
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
plastic sheds will warp and doors won't close. at least some of the demos at home depot are warped following a summer/winter spent outside ;)
Jan 16, 2006
152 posts
3 upvotes
I bought one of those sheds from Costco last year. So far so good. Easy to install (although you really should have a very level ground before putting it together). So far no warping even though it is in direct sunlight. No problems with wasps (that I have noticed). Doors close fine. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

By the way, the 3 boxes fit into a minivan fairly well although we had to push the two front seats fairly forward just to fit it in.

Hope this helps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
got mine from CT (same model) and it has worked well ; no warping but make sure you build it on flat ground

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)