Personal Finance

Anyone having problems right now (Nov 1, 2013) with creating an MBNA account?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2013 4:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
3746 posts
244 upvotes

Anyone having problems right now (Nov 1, 2013) with creating an MBNA account?

I keep on receiving the below message when completing the "Choosing Challenge Questions" screen. Been trying on and off the whole day. Used IE and FireFox.

We apologize; the server is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

Anyone having problems? Their live chat is useless also. I just quit after they told me their name.

Current Transcript of the Chat Session

MBNA CSR: Hello, and thank you for chatting with MBNA today. How may I assist you?

you: Hi,

MBNA CSR: Hello.

you: I am in the process of creating a SiteKey and choosing my challenge questions. I keep on receiving the following message after completing the 'choosing challenge questions'. We apologize; the server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

you: I have tried different browsers (FireFox and IE). I also tried this morning and I tried again now (tonight) and still the same problem.

MBNA CSR: Welcome to MBNA.

MBNA CSR: When creating sitekey answers, make sure you don't have any numbers, no special characters and only one word. <-- My SiteKey already adhered to these requirements.

MBNA CSR: Has this worked for you?

you: Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I am chatting with a real person or is that an automated response?

MBNA CSR: My name is MBNA CSR.
7 replies
Mar 4, 2007
738 posts
734 upvotes
Halifax
Or, you could, you know........phone them.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3013 posts
270 upvotes
Kingston
That means talking to a real person. Heaven forbid
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3204 posts
1094 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
I can log in to my account but I have found their site to be flakey.

Some minutes after I log out I get a message saying my session has expired (as if I forgot to log out).
Deal Addict
May 28, 2006
2389 posts
181 upvotes
talked to MBNA chat today regarding my balance transfer. They said it's already been put through but nothing shows it being put through on my account page. It still shows the full credit limit available to me too and nothing in my chequing account too.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
3746 posts
244 upvotes
Called them afterwards. Supposedly no problems, so don't know. I'll try again next week.
Feb 28, 2013
945 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if they outsource their chat... Not even allowed to give a real name? Smells like a developing world problem to me.
Mar 4, 2007
738 posts
734 upvotes
Halifax
Psycho44 wrote: talked to MBNA chat today regarding my balance transfer. They said it's already been put through but nothing shows it being put through on my account page. It still shows the full credit limit available to me too and nothing in my chequing account too.
It usually takes 1-2 business days to show up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)