Students

Anyone here applied Queen's MMA (Master of Management Analytics) for Summer2013?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2017 3:01 am
Mar 27, 2016
1 posts
yoyo1008 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2016 12:36 am
Anyone frustrated by the high standards of the job market?

43k for a 10 months program is so expensive considering you can probably learn this at internship (if you're lucky to land an analytics internship), coursera, and online publications. I heavily considered possibly applying to this program but I just find it ridiculous to pay up possibly my entry level salary for 10 months, 15-30k is more reasonable. UofT Statistics Graduate program, I believe is 15k.. And they're more generous with grants and stipends (?).

I like the way the program is formatted and wished my undergraduate experience (standardized testing, dry lectures, 40-300 students crammed in a room, no critical thinking projects) was more like it.
UofT Statistics Graduate program, I believe is 15k.. And they're more generous with grants and stipends -- yes, the program is actually fully funded with stipend so the 15k is irrelevant. But trust me, if you are an average applicant to the queen's MMA which is a professional degree, you are not getting into the UofT msc stats. If you've never taken real analysis/measure theory in undergrad and got a good grade, you can forget about that option. The program is theoretical.
Aug 16, 2008
672 posts
70 upvotes
Markham
Corner3 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2016 12:36 pm
Do you think an MBA in Finance on your resume is worth any less than a Master of Management? At least companies know what an MBA is. Most companies don't know what a Master of Management is.

You could say that about any program that doesn't involve a lab or residency. You could say that about law school, liberal arts, business school and about half of engineering.
Except you can't become a P.Eng without an engineering degree, or become a lawyer without a law degree...
Jan 23, 2008
10 posts
Toronto
Can anyone current or previous years student provide a review of their experience for this program? I am considering to apply but I am not sure if it's worth it to do this or an MBA.
Please let me know what role you had before the program and what you are doing now.
Was there a big (%) increase in your salary?

Any insight would be appreciate.
Thanks.
Apr 30, 2016
1 posts
PuneetC727613 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2016 3:00 pm
Hi! You have been graduated by now from Queens. I would like to seek your advice on the program as I have received Offer letter and plan to join in June. Could you help in describing the program, faculty and what growth you had in your career after graduating from Queens. I believe you might not be available but just in case if you or anybody could help would be great. Thanks :)
HI Puneet, am planning to join Jan 2017 batch and looking forward for your advice on the content level required for documents(cover letter, resume) to make a strong application. I am MBA (Finance) with 9 yrs of workex. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks
Jul 10, 2016
1 posts
I am currently working in India as a Data Analyst in Analytics with 3 years of experience and looking forward to move to Canada. I have not applied for PR. If i apply for Queens MMA course I ll be moving to Canada with a Study Visa. I need to know after moving to Canada can i apply for full time jobs with study visa. Please advice.Will the employers consider my profile.
Aug 27, 2016
1 posts
shaeetm wrote:
May 1st, 2016 5:37 am
PuneetC727613 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2016 3:00 pm
Hi! You have been graduated by now from Queens. I would like to seek your advice on the program as I have received Offer letter and plan to join in June. Could you help in describing the program, faculty and what growth you had in your career after graduating from Queens. I believe you might not be available but just in case if you or anybody could help would be great. Thanks :)
HI Puneet, am planning to join Jan 2017 batch and looking forward for your advice on the content level required for documents(cover letter, resume) to make a strong application. I am MBA (Finance) with 9 yrs of workex. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks
Hi Shaeetm,

I am also planning to join Jan 2017. Whats your stat?
I am awaiting interview. Have you given GMAT?

Thanks
Sep 3, 2016
1 posts
sriramkg wrote:
Jul 11th, 2016 11:55 am
I am currently working in India as a Data Analyst in Analytics with 3 years of experience and looking forward to move to Canada. I have not applied for PR. If i apply for Queens MMA course I ll be moving to Canada with a Study Visa. I need to know after moving to Canada can i apply for full time jobs with study visa. Please advice.Will the employers consider my profile.
I have the same question. Can anyone please reply
Nov 1, 2011
15 posts
2 upvotes
MAPLE
I got offered an acceptance to this program for June 2017 intake. AMA about the interview process or the like. I am currently working and did not need to write a GMAT.
I am still considering whether this program is right for me as I have not accepted their offer yet. Hoping to get in contact with anyone who completed the program or has success stories to share. Thanks,

Edit: Has anyone been able to get an employer buy in on this program/or get some reimbursement? It's a pricey program...
Sep 22, 2010
0 posts
montreal
Hi! I got the offer for June 2017, too. I know it's a exorbitant program, but this program will be conducted in Toronto, and it is so convenient for those who would like to work and study together. Does anyone know how hard this program is and how rejection rate is in this program?
Mar 17, 2015
80 posts
8 upvotes
North York, ON
I am planning to apply in this program. I was wondering if anyone has an undergraduate degree in Business ? If so ? what's your overall average ? Is there a certain average they except ?
Mar 10, 2017
2 posts
i have been called for the interview for June 2017 admission. anyone kindlydescribe the interview process for this MMA course.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel