Careers

Anyone here done the aptitude test for Toyota at Conestoga College?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 11:12 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 20, 2006
161 posts
Brampton

Anyone here done the aptitude test for Toyota at Conestoga College?

//
8 replies
Jan 18, 2005
134 posts
Toronto
May I ask what kind of job is it at Toyota? Is it building cars?
Jun 17, 2006
227 posts
1 upvote
I go Friday. I'm still debating how to dress for it!
Oct 12, 2003
364 posts
2 upvotes
Seriously, dress is just supposed to be jeans and a t-shirt.
Its a mass amount of people going into a giant room and writing a test. They'll have no idea who is who just by looking at you, and my guess is no one there will actually be from toyota. 1000s of people got this letter. It is only the first in an at least 6 step hiring process.

Apparently, even for "real" interviews for factory positions, you are allowed to wear jeans.

Although, I think it will be funny when I go to write it, because there WILL be people in full out suits.
[OP]
Oct 20, 2006
161 posts
Brampton
Well, I went and did the test yesterday.

You go in and follow the signs to the "waiting room". Then someone comes and takes you all to a computer room where you take a seat in front of one of the PCs and do your assessment.

Don't dress in a suit... You'll look funny. I just wore some nice jeans and a nice shirt. No one was dressed too "fancy".

It took me about an hour to go through the whole test. It's a combination of multiple choice scenario questions and some timed simulation activities. It's all done on the computer. This test is apparently where lots of people are cut out (including my brother :P).

Hopefully, I did well enough to go on to the next phase, which is apparently an actual work day at the cambridge plant.
Jun 17, 2006
227 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the info. I figured that I wouldn't need to go any nicer than cargo pants so it's good to know that people are wearing jeans too. With the thousands of people who probably applied I'm interested in seeing how far I get before I get screened out -- this is already further than I expected :razz:
Apr 15, 2008
2 posts
ONTARIO
I go next Tuesday, anything I should know? Is there a website where I can take "mock" aptitude tests that are similiar? I am more concerned with doing well on the test as opposed to "looking good"

Not a lot of good jobs like this out there, so, its worth making the effort, thanks in advance to everyone!

Michael

PS: Just curious, anyone who posted here that previously wrote the test ever get hired?

Michael
Jul 12, 2010
3 posts
Toronto
I am going to write my assessment next week.
Pls provide me some details of what type of questions I am expecting.
× < >