Beauty & Wellness

Anyone here have Irritable Bowel Sydnrome (IBS)?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 6:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
195 upvotes

Anyone here have Irritable Bowel Sydnrome (IBS)?

My partner started a medication a few months ago, and since then has been experiencing IBS. Even just a slice of bread now causes terrible sickness - pain, bloating, bedridden. I feel so bad. Does anyone else have experience with IBS?
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11019 posts
1519 upvotes
City of Vancouver
What is the medication? If the medication has side effects that are intolerable, tell the doctor to make modifications.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4519 posts
244 upvotes
Sounds like your partner should discuss this with their doctor.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14181 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
I had it a couple years ago. It started when I had a bad lamb burger from some hipster place near Yonge and Eglinton and it grew from there. I don't know if it was a bacterial infection, something mental, or what, but for like a year I'd get random attacks.

I started avoiding certain foods (coffee, dairy, sugar) and taking probiotics and metamucil on a regular basis. That, and I stepped up the exercise and fixed my sleeping habits. It stuck around for a bit longer, but eventually went away.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?