Art and Photography

Anyone here heard of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales for Canon 5D Mark IV's?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2018 11:19 am
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10346 posts
5369 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dayofthedeb wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi. I currently own the 5D Mark I... It was my first and only DSLR and I have owned it for more than a decade... I have decided maybe its time to upgrade.

I am just using it for family photos and traveling. The 5D is very bulky and I was concerning the 6D Mark II since there are some BF deals on it tomorrow.

Any thoughts from others? I haven't been following the tech for a while and I'm looking for some expertise! I have a decent lens collection at this point and I don't really want to sell it all and transition to another brand.
I had a 5D and then went to 6D, because I wanted to stay with a smaller body. But the focusing speed/accuracy was really lacking so I went to a 5D MKIV last year and I shoot witg 24-70 F2.8L MKII, 50 F1.2L and a 70-200 F4L and the 5D MKIV for my needs has been exceptional. Speed and DR is great. I’ve been shooting Canon forever and don’t feel like switching systems. I do like the ergonomics of Nikon better and my buddy that’s a pro photographer used a D5 and holy shit that thing is amazing.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11033 posts
5179 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dayofthedeb wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi. I currently own the 5D Mark I... It was my first and only DSLR and I have owned it for more than a decade... I have decided maybe its time to upgrade.

I am just using it for family photos and traveling. The 5D is very bulky and I was concerning the 6D Mark II since there are some BF deals on it tomorrow.

Any thoughts from others? I haven't been following the tech for a while and I'm looking for some expertise! I have a decent lens collection at this point and I don't really want to sell it all and transition to another brand.
5DIV>6DII more dynamic range, more focus points, 1/8000 shutter stand out to me, do you need them? Also cropped 4K, dual slots, headphone jack (mean less to me personally)

You’re already going to see a big jump in EV going from your current camera to either. 5DIV will resell easier in the future if that matters. I have two of them, used to have two 6D’s previously. I thought about the EOS-R but it’s not bulletproof like the weather sealed DSLR’s.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10346 posts
5369 upvotes
Richmond Hill
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 10:57 pm
5DIV>6DII more dynamic range, more focus points, 1/8000 shutter stand out to me, do you need them? Also cropped 4K, dual slots, headphone jack (mean less to me personally)

You’re already going to see a big jump in EV going from your current camera to either. 5DIV will resell easier in the future if that matters. I have two of them, used to have two 6D’s previously. I thought about the EOS-R but it’s not bulletproof like the weather sealed DSLR’s.
Talking about weather. I had my 5D MKIV with the 24-70 2.8 MKII at hopewell rocks and it was a downpour that day. My camera and lens were drenched and although not recommended I had zero issues with the body or lens. That to me made the purchase absolutely worth it.
Images
  • 7D67A28D-0EC3-4DB4-AC43-0A815CA0AB25.jpeg
Nov 23, 2017
55 posts
92 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Thanks, guys!

I definitely can't afford the 5D MKIV right now. The price differential is too great for me (6D MKII is $1700 from Henry's this weekend) - especially since I am not shooting professionally and just getting back into photography. I basically want nice pictures of my babies and of our family trips :) I do prefer a full frame too... I've just heard so many negative things about the 6d MKII. I want to make sure this camera lasts me a long time cause I know I'm not the type to invest in new equipment every few years!