Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
45502 posts
11939 upvotes

Anyone here use ShipTime / Costco?

I was perusing costco.ca a few days ago and came across this courier service. It seems to allow for comparison among various courier rates.
http://www.shiptime.com/costco/?utm_cam ... rce=Costco

What are the pros and cons when dealing with a middle man?

Thank you in advance.
2 replies
Nov 23, 2013
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Oct 29th, 2014 1:26 pm
I was perusing costco.ca a few days ago and came across this courier service. It seems to allow for comparison among various courier rates.
http://www.shiptime.com/costco/?utm_cam ... rce=Costco

What are the pros and cons when dealing with a middle man?

Thank you in advance.
I looked into them, my TNT rates were cheaper.
They had a nice platform but I have no need for that-they seem to be an alternative to flagship, e-shipper. Both aren't the best prices sometimes depending on your volume.
For me it wasn't worth it but if they have better rates then your getting now from your provider they seem good.
Dec 19, 2017
1 posts
AVOID LOOMIS EXPRESS (Costco/Shiptime) delivery service.
I ordered an item from an Ottawa store and they sent it to me via Loomis (Thru Costco/Shiptime) . Although we are a decidedly rural address, I routinely get deliveries from Walmart, Amazon and a variety of other online companies. Loomis has refused to deliver the item as they claim our road is impassable. Funny that myself and at least a dozen other people go in and out to work and shop every day and of course, our other deliveries arrive just fine. Now my only option is to pick up the item in Petawawa at their terminal which would mean an hour commute each way. I can drive to Ottawa almost as fast. Not only that, the address they gave me doesn't exist with Google Maps and there is no listing for LOOMIS in Petawawa with Google or the phone book. Add in the rude and unhelpful attitudes and you pretty much have a good reason to avoid this company at all cost. :(