Page 1 of 1

Anyone know about Warren Protective Services?

Posted: Nov 26th, 2010 1:34 pm
by terminator88
It's a security company.

I looked them up and they seem to be certified and approved by the Ministry. But then again so are iron Horse and Nighhawkes, which i know are scams.

Anyone work for those guys, or know people who work for that company? I need some feedback to prevent from getting myself screwed.

thanks

Re: Anyone know about Warren Protective Services?

Posted: Nov 26th, 2010 2:52 pm
by Sheek
They are legit. I worked for them for two years as a guard when I was in university.

Posted: Nov 26th, 2010 4:35 pm
by terminator88
Sheek wrote: They are legit. I worked for them for two years as a guard when I was in university.
good to hear, do you mind sharing more info about it.

Like what sites do they usually specialize in, do i have to take their trainning courses? I actually called them up before, and they told me that i would get my trainning on the site they assign me to....is that correct?

is it minimum wage, can i request certain sites closer to where i live? if you can answer any of the questions that would be great.

Posted: Nov 27th, 2010 11:00 am
by terminator88
bump

Posted: Nov 29th, 2010 4:12 pm
by Sheek
hey again

most of the sites are near the office on yonge street. most of them are right on the yonge line. i never took any training courses with them, i basically got trained on the job.

yeah you can request sites closer to your house. ask Jeremy, really nice guy

Posted: Nov 29th, 2010 6:31 pm
by terminator88
Sheek wrote: hey again

most of the sites are near the office on yonge street. most of them are right on the yonge line. i never took any training courses with them, i basically got trained on the job.

yeah you can request sites closer to your house. ask Jeremy, really nice guy
hey thanks for replying again man

also do you mind claryfying what sites they specialize in? Like is it private buildings, condos, shopping malls, or does it all vary?

i was speaking to a guy there, and yeah it sounded like i would get trained on site, i dont know what to make of that, because 95% of security companies, at least the ones i know about, prefer to train you themselves....

do they just stick you in one place, or they shift you around every week or so

and any helpfull tips that i should know about, what's the work like in general, how often they give you shifts and what's the rate?

sorry for so many questions, they didnt give me much info, im just trying to get an idea of what im dealing with so ill be prepared.

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:06 am
by Sheek
yup all kinds of sites, malls, condos, you name it.

i was moved around a lot when i started. i kind of filled in for regulars who had taken the shift off for whatever reason. after that i asked if i could have a permanent site with permanent shifts. they were able to accommodate me very well. i got 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday which was perfect for me.

let them know what days you are available and they'll work around your schedule.

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:53 am
by terminator88
Sheek wrote: yup all kinds of sites, malls, condos, you name it.

i was moved around a lot when i started. i kind of filled in for regulars who had taken the shift off for whatever reason. after that i asked if i could have a permanent site with permanent shifts. they were able to accommodate me very well. i got 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday which was perfect for me.

let them know what days you are available and they'll work around your schedule.
yep i keep hearing that 12 hour shifts in security are pretty much standard and typical. Question is what the heck would you do in that time slot?

Suppouse you not working in the mall, you sit for 12 hours in some building by yourself, would you be able to read a book or something, bring a laptop, or do you sit there like a vegetable? also how many breaks do they give you?

and if you dont mind answering another question, what sites were typically offered to you, and how long was the trainning on each one?

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 12:25 pm
by Sheek
i think it really depends on the site.

at my permanent site i worked at a condominium complex with three buildings in a gatehouse at the front. i was free to do whatever i wanted basically. some other sites are not as flexible

no set breaks or lunch. i was all alone at the gatehouse and so i had to be there the entire 12 hours. some other sites have 'patrol' guards so it that case you can take a proper lunch break and leave the site.

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 3:00 pm
by terminator88
Sheek wrote: i think it really depends on the site.

at my permanent site i worked at a condominium complex with three buildings in a gatehouse at the front. i was free to do whatever i wanted basically. some other sites are not as flexible

no set breaks or lunch. i was all alone at the gatehouse and so i had to be there the entire 12 hours. some other sites have 'patrol' guards so it that case you can take a proper lunch break and leave the site.
oh ok so in other words if you want to snack you do it on your work hours without the break.

what happens when you need a bathroom break, would you call someone over to cover for you, assuming there are no patrol guards, how would that work out?

and just to specify are these night shifts or day shifts, makes no difference to me just curious?

we are legitimate

Posted: Dec 15th, 2010 12:41 am
by lmorris
Sir/Madam,

I am the president of the company and can assure you that we have no hidden agenda. I can't speak on behalf of other agencies but say this

-in business for over 30 years.
-we are licenced through the Ministry
-we are registered through the Ministry to provide training
-individuals who attend our training are granted the same opportunity as those who don't.
-we make no employment guaruntees to those who attend our training. It is impossible to do so. If you attend our training, it is your choice when you write the required Ministry test. Once you pass the said test, only then may you apply for your security guard licence. Once you have received your licence, only then may we consider you for employment. Therefore, it would be unrealistic for us to assure employment as the length of time for you to receive your licence is in your hands. How can anyone assure employment if you take the training today, yet for whatever reason you do not obtain a licence for one month. It would be unfair to you and foolish on our part to assure employment.
-all employyes are treated with respect.
-we work with our employees to accomplish mutal goals.

Therefore, should you choose to attend our training, we look forward to having you. Should you not and once you possess a valid security guard licence please feel free to apply. Either way the decision is yours. You have several security companies to choose from, you need to feel comfortable with your decision. Please feel free to contact us to discuss any matter. We will be more then glad to answer.

Remember, all training must be in conformity with the Ministry established curicculum.

Best of Luck,
L. Morris - President