Computers & Electronics

Anyone know if Amazon Fire TV will work in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 7:38 pm
Tags:
Aug 30, 2012
81 posts
23 upvotes
For those still trying to load file manager and Kodi
If cannot load file manager or kodi onto Firestick or Tv use Android phone method outlined below:
On Fire Stick/TV go to>System settings.>“About,” hit select, > “Network” and make note of the IP address. You cannot connect a Fire TV Stick to a PC with a USB cable (PC won’t see stick), so have to connect over Wi-Fi, and that’s where that IP address is needed.

Download from google play store the app “Apps2Fire “ onto your phone ,insert the IP address you noted for the stick ,then download onto phone the file manager ES explorer,the Kodi app and whatever repositories or programs you are interested in . Then upload same to the firestick through the Apps2Fire. Navigate to SD card (that’s what the internal memory on firestick is called) to downloads to ensure they are there and start install of the manager apk and then Kodi. Once that’s done you will have to navigate to Kodi and set it up within by installing your repositories and programs from the zip files etc. Kodi forum has guides on how to these installs. The above method worked for me as the Apps2Fire worked on my phone (it may not work for all). I spend a lot of time using other methods to try to add Kodi to stick via windows computer and found it frustrating and it worked only once (otherwise the computer registered no connection to stick so couldn’t add Kodi program).
Mar 20, 2016
47 posts
15 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
peasy9 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2017 10:40 am
For those still trying to load file manager and Kodi
If cannot load file manager or kodi onto Firestick or Tv use Android phone method outlined below:
On Fire Stick/TV go to>System settings.>“About,” hit select, > “Network” and make note of the IP address. You cannot connect a Fire TV Stick to a PC with a USB cable (PC won’t see stick), so have to connect over Wi-Fi, and that’s where that IP address is needed.

Download from google play store the app “Apps2Fire “ onto your phone ,insert the IP address you noted for the stick ,then download onto phone the file manager ES explorer,the Kodi app and whatever repositories or programs you are interested in . Then upload same to the firestick through the Apps2Fire. Navigate to SD card (that’s what the internal memory on firestick is called) to downloads to ensure they are there and start install of the manager apk and then Kodi. Once that’s done you will have to navigate to Kodi and set it up within by installing your repositories and programs from the zip files etc. Kodi forum has guides on how to these installs. The above method worked for me as the Apps2Fire worked on my phone (it may not work for all). I spend a lot of time using other methods to try to add Kodi to stick via windows computer and found it frustrating and it worked only once (otherwise the computer registered no connection to stick so couldn’t add Kodi program).
I found and use an even better app... Install Easy Fire Tools on and Android. With ADB running on the Stick you just search/enter it's IP address and the APP will do the rest. I highly recommend it!

While your at it download and install Fire Stopper to the Stick... It's a non root launcher that makes managing the Stick easier.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... yfiretools

http://geekpeaksoftware.com/firestarter ... -kodi.html
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1274 posts
239 upvotes
Can your cast desktop to the Fire TV similar to the Nvidia Shield?
I am a friendly Koodo customer and AMEX customer.
Jan 4, 2010
19 posts
Toronto, Canada
I have a cheap android tv box and want to upgrade to the fire tv. Will Canadian netflix work on it? I intend to use it for kodi, youtube and netflix only. Not interested in vpn's and us programming. Any insight would be very helpful thanks!
Feb 13, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
tsyra wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 3:42 pm
I have a cheap android tv box and want to upgrade to the fire tv. Will Canadian netflix work on it? I intend to use it for kodi, youtube and netflix only. Not interested in vpn's and us programming. Any insight would be very helpful thanks!
It does work fine....I haven't tried netflix on it but Kodi, youtube works fine.
Jan 4, 2010
19 posts
Toronto, Canada
iptvhub wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 3:26 pm
It does work fine....I haven't tried netflix on it but Kodi, youtube works fine.
Thanks! Any chance you could test netflix on it?
Feb 13, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
tsyra wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 10:19 am
Thanks! Any chance you could test netflix on it?
I don't have any active subscription as a result I haven't tried. but will give a try with trial account and let you know.
Apr 19, 2016
15 posts
2 upvotes
it works. Now i just wish i could watch prime videos.. what bullshit.
Feb 27, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
horton213 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 4:09 pm
it works. Now i just wish i could watch prime videos.. what bullshit.
Download the Amazon Prime app for your android phone and cast it to your firetv. Not ideal but it works.
Nov 3, 2008
504 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Used to love my fire TV sticks. Basically useless in Canada now that DNS servers like Unlocator don't work on them anymore. Unless you can disable IPV6 on your router you can't access any US services anymore. Kodi and Netflix will still work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)