Shopping Discussion

Anyone know retail law for BC? Error in my favour. Now they want it back.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2007 11:13 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 8, 2007
365 posts
66 upvotes
The problem has now been resolved. It was not a TV, and it was actually Canadian Tire. They did indeed give it to me for about 40% of retail, $199 price on a $550 item. I'm a happy camper and the manager is a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's input. He met me halfway as I requested.
Dec 31, 1969
DonnyFenn wrote: The problem has now been resolved. It was not a TV, and it was actually Canadian Tire. They did indeed give it to me for about 40% of retail, $199 price on a $550 item. I'm a happy camper and the manager is a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's input. He met me halfway as I requested.
WTF? LIES!!!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
DonnyFenn wrote: The problem has now been resolved. It was not a TV, and it was actually Canadian Tire. They did indeed give it to me for about 40% of retail, $199 price on a $550 item. I'm a happy camper and the manager is a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's input. He met me halfway as I requested.
LOL... and here everyone was bashing FS as a "faceless US corporation", but it's actually CT, a Canadian company!
Dec 28, 2005
44 posts
This story makes very little sense to me, I've worked at two seperate Canadian Tire stores in 2 different provinces, and never once asked a customer for their personal info while doing a price match.

If the manager actually gave you a deal, I'd consider yourself lucky cause I see what you did nothing short of theft.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eightyeight wrote: I have a couple points regarding this thread:

1. How did you get out of the store without the TV setting the alarms AND a security guard checking your receipt before you left???
Large items don't have the alarm tags because it would be physically impossible to demagnitize them.

Stores don't "need" to put one on things like computers and TVs because it's so obvious when someone leaves with one.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
In other words: "The police came around last night to pick up the item and the manager decided it was too much trouble to charge me with theft. I'm a lucky sun of a gun." ;)
Jan 8, 2007
365 posts
66 upvotes
I can't believe the vemon some of you people are spitting. I made it clear in my original post that it was not actually Future Shop, and I tried to pay for the item not once but twice, and then decided to take my lucky day as it happened. If the ******** employee politely refuses to take my money, I'm simply not going to argue. If you want me to babysit adult employees, then you can add me to the payroll. Otherwise, take your sanctimonious attitude and stuff it. I'm not going to another location or making another trip in an attempt to find a cashier who wants to accept my payment for the goods I desire to purchase.
Nov 23, 2006
80 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey
...you also said the story was hypothetical...and of course, it was not.
Jan 8, 2007
365 posts
66 upvotes
"Hypothetical" is a disclaimer-type term. It's said firmly tongue-in-cheek in these types of circumstances, where one doesn't know the legal standing of the parties involved.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
DonnyFenn wrote: "Hypothetical" is a disclaimer-type term. It's said firmly tongue-in-cheek in these types of circumstances, where one doesn't know the legal standing of the parties involved.
Just like "error in my favour" is the term we generally use when we really mean "I stole some shiat".