Home & Garden

Anyone know where I can buy "Plasti-dip" or "Plasti-kote"?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2009 12:37 am
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts

Anyone know where I can buy "Plasti-dip" or "Plasti-kote"?

Not sure what its called, but its like a paint can you can dip things into and then they have a rubberized/plastic coating, like hooks for hanging a bicylcle and stuff.
I thought it was readily available, but have been to my local HD, Rona, and 2 CT's....no luck, and the staff were useless as always.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
5 replies
Mar 25, 2007
16 posts
1 upvote
I've bought it at the Rona in Woodbridge (Highway 7 and Weston rd.), but it was a couple of months ago.
Dec 28, 2008
2 posts
it is called plastic dip and you can get it at all home hareware stores ,I think it was $12.99 a can and you dip what you want coated and it comes in different colours.I know that there are some marine stores that carry it to and they use it to dip the nylon rope in the dip after they have cut the rope so it don't fra
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
plastic dip sounds like what you are looking for

plasti kote is a different product - with that stuff you paint it on but i was looking for some this past summer and couldn't find it at the usual spots liek home depot rona - i thought maybe it was off the market :?:
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2007
169 posts
it's a standard inventory item at home hardware. they sell a lot of great stuff that you can't find in other home renovation stores. ;)
Nov 17, 2008
78 posts
Another for HH, that's the only place that I could find it at. More commonly found are the cans that you dip thing into or brush on, but I was able to find the spray version that I was looking for by calling a few HH stores in the area.