Shopping Discussion

anyone knows Costco tire center business time on Sunday?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2011 11:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
3152 posts
160 upvotes
Markham

anyone knows Costco tire center business time on Sunday?

I live in north York and try to change to snow tire. I called them but nobody picked up phone. Does anyone know tire center business time on Sunday? Btw. Do they provide the service that I can store my all season tires there for my next time change? Thanks in advance
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7642 posts
798 upvotes
smartie wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2011 11:04 pm
I live in north York and try to change to snow tire. I called them but nobody picked up phone. Does anyone know tire center business time on Sunday? Btw. Do they provide the service that I can store my all season tires there for my next time change? Thanks in advance

The Tire Centers operate during the same hours as the warehouse, they open when the warehouse opens. Be aware they only have so many time-slots for work a day and those usually fill up within the first hour or two of opening (maybe even faster on a Saturday).

They don't store your tires AFAIK.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8217 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
My Costco tire center extended their hours to open at 7:30am every day until Dec 15th IIRC. People line up at 5am. By 6am the lineup is long enough to cover all the available appointments for that day. The fights break out at around 7:42 when people that have been waiting since 6:15 get to the desk and are told there's no more room that day. Bring popcorn it gets quite entertaining when the cops are called there.

Oh and they have no room to store tires.

Have fun!
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Aug 26, 2010
491 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
smartie wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2011 11:04 pm

If you're thinking of the Woodbine/7 or Woodbridge locations -- the tire service desk at Woodbridge opens at 8AM and distributes appointments (for the same day) at that time. Queues will start forming before waaaaay before 8AM. Same situation at Woodbine/7. That's every day of the week.

There were years where I arrived and queued at 7AM for an afternoon appointment (on the weekends at 7/Woodbine). This year, I switched Costco locations and it was more orderly (and warmer) at the Woodbridge location.

No storage service for tires.
Aug 26, 2010
491 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2011 10:57 am
My Costco tire center extended their hours to open at 7:30am every day until Dec 15th IIRC. People line up at 5am. By 6am the lineup is long enough to cover all the available appointments for that day. The fights break out at around 7:42 when people that have been waiting since 6:15 get to the desk and are told there's no more room that day. Bring popcorn it gets quite entertaining when the cops are called there.

Oh and they have no room to store tires.

Have fun!

O+O; at finding out when you get to the desk. The Woodbridge Costco would make an announcement when all the morning appointments were distributed, and then the early afternoon ones... Fair warning for those still waiting in line.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7433 posts
315 upvotes
Canada
I tried Costco once and it was just ridiculous to change my tires.

Just go to Walmart. They aren't that much more expensive and they take appointments up to 3 or 4 weeks in advance. It's $18.50 per tire if you swap out the entire tire onto the rim, I think Costco charges $15?

What I ended up doing last year was buying my tires from Costco and getting them put on at Walmart
He died for me, I live for him.
Aug 26, 2010
491 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
shannn wrote:
Dec 5th, 2011 9:53 pm
I tried Costco once and it was just ridiculous to change my tires.

Just go to Walmart. They aren't that much more expensive and they take appointments up to 3 or 4 weeks in advance. It's $18.50 per tire if you swap out the entire tire onto the rim, I think Costco charges $15?

What I ended up doing last year was buying my tires from Costco and getting them put on at Walmart

The price for installation is:

15.00 for new tire installation.

11.00 per tire for seasonal swaps (8 tires/4 rims) OR 6.00 per tire for seasonal exchanges (8 tires/8 rims).
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7642 posts
798 upvotes
The Woodbine/7 Costco is a zoo, the Elgin Mills one is much better. I went there to get my tires changed back in September, showed up a half hour before they opened and was 3rd in line.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1223 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Winkle wrote:
Dec 5th, 2011 8:14 am
The Tire Centers operate during the same hours as the warehouse, they open when the warehouse opens. Be aware they only have so many time-slots for work a day and those usually fill up within the first hour or two of opening (maybe even faster on a Saturday).

They don't store your tires AFAIK.

That is incorrect for the months of october, november and december. Most locations will have there tire centers open at 830 or before at the descretion of the tire center manager.
× < >