Tags:
None
90 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1227 upvotes
Sauga
It's basically like eBay, but organized more like an online mall (and all the sellers are in China, basically).
Check the reviews of the seller before you purchase, and you should be fine.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10416 posts
4589 upvotes
Brampton
Buyer Protection is significantly worse than ebay or any other company.

They don't use paypal for that reason.

I lost some money over some iphone batteries. I wouldn't recommend it. It's just a flea market.
Dec 29, 2009
513 posts
105 upvotes
I bought some underwear (new) and it all turned out well. There is usually a coupon out there for $5 for new users.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16334 posts
1457 upvotes
Thornhill
check for threads in the "hot deals" section - most people don't have problems with them... myself included.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Aug 14, 2011
320 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
we have ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Got burned on a camera for a christmas present, ended up being crap. Have done well on jewelry and cellphone cases etc...I wouldn't hesitate to order from them
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1599 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
SAVINGSTAR wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 11:37 am
we have ordered a bunch of stuff from them. Got burned on a camera for a christmas present, ended up being crap. Have done well on jewelry and cellphone cases etc...I wouldn't hesitate to order from them
+1

Personally, I've only had an issue with clothing quality, otherwise electronics/toys/parts/custom made stuff, I have yet to have any other issues.

This year, I've already had 60 or so orders... Shipping can be fast/slow depending on the shipper, but I usually get my stuff within 2 weeks.
Mar 30, 2006
396 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
its like ebay, check if the seller has good rating.
I bought several things from there, had no problems
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4461 posts
1370 upvotes
Debtario
I shy away from them due to the lack of paypal and associated security/buyer protection. That said, I have heard that you can PM sellers and some may accept paypal even though it is not officially sanctioned by the site. As mentioned, same Ebay principles apply (rating, reviews, etc)

Would use an expendable/low-limit CC just in case
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jun 29, 2013
1 posts
I've bought many items from them. For rare occasions when there's dispute, I've got full refund though claim takes a bit of effort and long processing time (2 to. 3 months)
Feb 14, 2014
1 posts
I have ordered one bluetooth mp3 sunglass 56 $. But I received only the cover of the sunglass. still case is pending for 3 days although 15 days has been passed away.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3739 posts
1123 upvotes
Ontario
iherald wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:41 am
I bought some underwear (new) and it all turned out well. There is usually a coupon out there for $5 for new users.
also if you are on swagbucks, go to the Super Sonic special offer tab and you get 95sb fom any purchase ($1.05 in Amazon giftcards)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1120 posts
253 upvotes
I've ordered twice and received the items with no issues. One thing to note, never ever say you received item/give a positive review I can't remember the exact wording even if the seller is asking for it in order to get the item shipped out. I've read that once you say you've received the item the payment is released to the seller and you CANNOT reverse it when you find out the item hasn't been received/is different/fake/etc and AE will do nothing to help you afterwards.
Feb 14, 2014
1 posts
I have a question for those who have order from aliexpress before. Is there any additional duties/taxes that you have to pay when they ship to you? If so how much is it in general?