Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1088 posts
28 upvotes

Anyone ordered from Blooms N Roses?

I stumbled on this CDN site with great Valentines day prices (in comparision) but I have never heard of them before...so I am wondering before i order with them if anyone has any horror stories...

http://www.bloomsnroses.com/site/index.cfm
83 replies
Jan 11, 2006
4 posts
Do NOT use them. I ordered for valentines day and they did not arrive. Tried to call a couple days in advance to confirm order, they never picked up the phone.
They had time to bill my cc though. I don't know if this site is a scam or what.
Mar 21, 2006
477 posts
55 upvotes
Thornhill
I've ordered from them a few times. My wife got her roses from them yesterday at the office and was thrilled with them.

I've only had positive experiences with them.
Dolfan
- The opinions stated above are mine personally and don't necessarily represent my employer in any way, shape or form.

Active BST Postings: None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1088 posts
28 upvotes
EVEN though you guys replied a DAY too late :P I didn't go with them..only because of some bad reviews I found. Went with the RFD flowers..they were great...but the order was screwed up a bit :(
Mar 21, 2006
477 posts
55 upvotes
Thornhill
Sorry - just saw your note this morning. I was a little occupied after getting home last night - must've been because of the roses my wife loved.
Dolfan
- The opinions stated above are mine personally and don't necessarily represent my employer in any way, shape or form.

Active BST Postings: None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2002
1283 posts
23 upvotes
I ordered from them two weeks before V-Day, and they didn't ship my order. I've been trying to contact them for a while now; the 416 number they provided in the e-mail has been constantly busy, and no one picks up at the 1-800 number provided on the site.

Several users here have posted positive experiences using them, so I took their word for it. I regret that decision.

I'm never ordering from an online dealer again. They charge insane premiums and fail to provide service. It's unacceptable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1088 posts
28 upvotes
Dolfan-Neil wrote:
Feb 15th, 2008 9:51 am
Sorry - just saw your note this morning. I was a little occupied after getting home last night - must've been because of the roses my wife loved.
NP....I was JK anyway....so how did everyone's VD go....mine went flawless!!
Jun 10, 2008
1 posts
Rochester
I just had the most aggravating interaction with them. To make matters worse, it could have been so easy for them to show a little customer support and make it a enjoyable experience. They were rude on the phone and via e-mail, stated falsehoods as the truth, plus many other things. I would say that whatever they lacked in arrogance, they more than made up for in ineptitude. Now I have to deal with my credit card company to stop payment for their disservice. I read many of the same type of articles on RedFlagReport - unfortunately after I had my run-in with them.

Also, don't believe the prices!!! My dozen roses that were advertised for $29.99 with free delivery ended up costing over $60!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1088 posts
28 upvotes
losel wrote:
Jun 11th, 2008 4:05 pm
I just had the most aggravating interaction with them. To make matters worse, it could have been so easy for them to show a little customer support and make it a enjoyable experience. They were rude on the phone and via e-mail, stated falsehoods as the truth, plus many other things. I would say that whatever they lacked in arrogance, they more than made up for in ineptitude. Now I have to deal with my credit card company to stop payment for their disservice. I read many of the same type of articles on RedFlagReport - unfortunately after I had my run-in with them.

Also, don't believe the prices!!! My dozen roses that were advertised for $29.99 with free delivery ended up costing over $60!!!
I heard nothing but horror stories with these guys...and just in time too...I was about to pull the trigger, as the prices "seem" great. I am glad I didn't have to deal with their bull crap. Sorry to hear about you headache.
Jun 3, 2009
1 posts
ajax
I ordered flowers from here before...yes the flowers were beauiful but the customer service was the worst I have ever even heard of. I was told free delivery when I ordered, but once got my credit card statement, my order was doubled! When I called to ask about it, I had to call 4 days in a row to finally speak to the owner, John. Once I did, he hung up on me twice, wouldn't let me speak, and blamed me for not asking questions and reading the website properly!! Apparently, free delivery is only when you order on line. But in my conversation while ordering,it was confirmed that I had free delivery. I've tried to call back, but now they will not even answer the phone.

Worst customer service, rip off of a company and just plain ignorant as a company!!!! I will never order again fro Blooms 'n' roses, I strongly advise you don't either!
Jul 8, 2009
1 posts
Toronto
"Bloom N Roses IS A FRAUD.. THEY HAVE TRIED TO CHARGE ME NEAR $1000 for an order I NEVER made. They acted soo rudely when I asked them to cancel as it was a mistake, and they said that there was a 50% cancelation charge!! When I even tried that they were not giving me the fax no and told me the fax would be on only from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. Once I did fax they said they never got it. BE CAREFULL DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!"
Dec 30, 2009
1 posts
Toronto
My cousin from overseas ordered a spa set and flower for me worth $147 and they substitute the spa order (not flowers) that she ordered worth of $69.99 to a lower value one. I understand that they have substitution policy if the product they offer is unavailable.

HOWEVER, I checked their website the night before. The value of the gift that I actually received was $59.99 and this morning I called them to complained. The lady said she'll call me back to check on the order. She never did, so I called again. I looked at the website the value of the gift became $69.99!!!! The "gentleman" there told me simply that price increases (overnight? yeah right..) and refuses to do anything about it. They didn't care whether their customers is satisfied with their orders or not.

Substituting orders without notifying the customers to a lower value is just plain wrong and dishonest.. The only thing they gave me extra was a stupid bucket to hold the spa gift. All the products were cheap stuff Made in China.

I can't believe they would jeopardize their business reputation over $10..., which made me write my complaint in the internet to warn all other potential customers.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18501 posts
930 upvotes
Could this be a front for the infamous Bloomex ?
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Nov 5, 2010
1 posts
Toronto
Nov 2010.

Warning - Do NOT buy from Bloomsnroses (online or by phone).
If you are incline to do so, before doing so, please do a google search on this company, and read ALL reviews/comments from past customers/consumers.

I had first hand just experienced most of what people had said so far, ie, unprofessional customer service, extremely rude personnel, hidden costs, etc.

http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-r ... on-1049183
Dec 13, 2010
1 posts
Whitby
This December, I ordered one dozen roses, to be delivered to my wife at her workplace. I was concerned that they would not be delivered before she left that afternoon at 5 but was assured that their deliveries were completed between 1 and 4pm.
Unfortunately, the roses were not delivered at all. I was upset that this anniversary gift to my wife didn't happen. When I phoned Blooms N Roses to see what happened, I was rudely told that they would investigate. I never heard back from them.
The next day, the roses were delivered. Clearly, they were not fresh. The edges of the blooms were black, as though they had been left in a vehicle and stored in sub-freezing temperatures.
When I called to complain, I was informed of store policy: Return the flowers to the store and they would replace them. Unfortunately, the store is a one-hour drive for me, and their satisfaction policy was useless to me.

Given their rude customer service, poor customer satisfaction, late delivery and abysmal quality, I would advise others to avoid buying from Blooms N Roses in Mississauga.

Jim in Whitby
× < >