Shopping Discussion

Anyone Purchase Digimate 32 inch from FS?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2005 8:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1567 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary

Anyone Purchase Digimate 32 inch from FS?

I have a question regarding tihs. I purchased it on the 25th, and as of Monday the status is still "released" I have not recieved any emails from FS not even an authorization one :|

Anyone get a tracking number?
11 replies
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
I got it today.

I am new to HDTV. One question,

When I am watching 16:9 DVD movies, I can still see the black edge at the top and bottom. It looks like the "Zoom" function only zooms horizontally. Is this normal?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1426 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
i didn't get it yet too >.<
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
If anybody got this, post review please.

I think it's a good TV. I have two dark spots on the screen which are not noticeable at all if you sit one foot away.

Picture and sound quality is quite good actually. Except the "Zoom" function, only two modes: 4:3 and Full (which stretches the picture horizontally)
Nov 4, 2005
214 posts
fordtaurus wrote:I got it today.

When I am watching 16:9 DVD movies, I can still see the black edge at the top and bottom. It looks like the "Zoom" function only zooms horizontally. Is this normal?

I think you have to use the zoom function on the tv to expand the picture.
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
bigg_popa wrote:I think you have to use the zoom function on the tv to expand the picture.
Yes, that's what I used. There are only two zoom modes: 4:3 and Full
Nov 4, 2005
214 posts
fordtaurus wrote:Yes, that's what I used. There are only two zoom modes: 4:3 and Full

Hmm....I know with my tv, i'm given multiple options....4:3, 4:3 zoom1, 4:3 zoom2, 16:9 standard, 16:9 zoom.

Once I hit the 16:9 zoom, it expands the picture to fit the entire screen. I'm not sure if these modes are tv specific, or should all widescreen tv's have them.
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
bigg_popa wrote:Hmm....I know with my tv, i'm given multiple options....4:3, 4:3 zoom1, 4:3 zoom2, 16:9 standard, 16:9 zoom.

Once I hit the 16:9 zoom, it expands the picture to fit the entire screen. I'm not sure if these modes are tv specific, or should all widescreen tv's have them.
Yes, I know what you mean. I saw that on my buddy's TV as well.
Jan 3, 2004
143 posts
21 upvotes
fordtaurus wrote:I got it today.

Most DVDs (i.e. most movies) are 'wider' than 16:9, and therefore will have black bars on the top and bottom. 2.35:1 ratio is typical for movies. The last DVD I can recall watching that was actually 16:9 ratio was Shrek2.
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
sbermunk wrote:Most DVDs (i.e. most movies) are 'wider' than 16:9, and therefore will have black bars on the top and bottom. 2.35:1 ratio is typical for movies. The last DVD I can recall watching that was actually 16:9 ratio was Shrek2.
Thanks for the clarification, but I still think if there's a zoom function, that would be great. :) :)
Apr 22, 2003
286 posts
Mississauga
silentsim wrote:I have a question regarding tihs. I purchased it on the 25th, and as of Monday the status is still "released" I have not recieved any emails from FS not even an authorization one :|

Anyone get a tracking number?
BTW, donot worry about the tracking number. I got "tracking number" email while I was watching the TV. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)