Shopping Discussion

Anyone shopped landsend.com since the switch to border free?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2013 4:50 pm
Tags:
None
May 27, 2008
289 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario

Anyone shopped landsend.com since the switch to border free?

I placed an order on landsend.com last weekend. Before the switch to borderfree service, I used to receive items within 3-4 business days after ordering. I haven't received my order yet, and the tracking doesn't work, so I have no idea when it will arrive.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I really hope this isn't the new normal for lands end shipping to Canada.
6 replies
Jan 14, 2013
279 posts
273 upvotes
I have had experience with landsend and borderfree - I noticed an increase in turnaround for sure - easily took double what was happening before. Does anyone know why they switched?
May 27, 2008
289 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
jasonandannmarie wrote: I have had experience with landsend and borderfree - I noticed an increase in turnaround for sure - easily took double what was happening before. Does anyone know why they switched?
Darn! I was hoping this order was an exception. One of the reasons that I liked ordering from landsend.com was the quick delivery.

They say that borderfree is supposed to enhance the international shopping experience. I think it might be better for some other countries, but seems like it's just making things slower for Canadians. I don't care whether prices are in CAD or USD, which is one of the other advantages advertised by the new system.
Dec 25, 2002
660 posts
229 upvotes
I experienced the same thing. My order a couple of weeks ago took twice as long as orders before the switch and my tracking info didn't work either. I haven't been impressed with the change.

Kelly
Dec 7, 2004
323 posts
55 upvotes
Burlington
I recently had a US order from ebags that used borderfree. Ebags shipped it to borderfree by UPS in Detroit, and that took about 3 days. After about another 10 days, I then got an email with a Canada Post tracking that the order had cleared customs, and it then was 5 more days for Canada Post to deliver.....from Mississauga to Burlington ON.
Info requests to borderfree via their web were not answered, and ebags were not able to provide any further info on the shipment after UPS delivered to borderfree.
I was not impressed by the service.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
I havent tried borderfree, but it sounds like it sucks.
I find that with Landsend, the prices are way higher over the past year, and with shipping, duty, and taxes, its not worth it. Even if you get the "free" shipping with $50 min, duty and taxes addes about 30% onto the total price.
May 27, 2008
289 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
submalst wrote: I havent tried borderfree, but it sounds like it sucks.
I find that with Landsend, the prices are way higher over the past year, and with shipping, duty, and taxes, its not worth it. Even if you get the "free" shipping with $50 min, duty and taxes addes about 30% onto the total price.
I've found the same thing. I used to wait for a free shipping no minimum code, then try to keep my order under $20 to save the tax and duty. That doesn't work anymore, unless the deal is good enough to warrant paying for shipping or duty/taxes. This order was for bigger items that were on at a huge discount. I'm not sure they're even going to fit when they do get here, and I'll then have to pay for return shipping. I thought I'd be able to reorder in another size, but they're selling out quickly, so unless the order arrives soon, I don't think I'll be able to do that.

I suspect I'll be spending a whole lot less at LandsEnd with the new borderfree service.