Cell Phones

Anyone signed up for Fido $50/5GB unlimited Can wide calling?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 3:06 pm
[OP]
Feb 19, 2017
7 posts

Anyone signed up for Fido $50/5GB unlimited Can wide calling?

In February, I signed up this offer and I was told it's 5GB for $50 (in counter with Freedom Mobile), today when I log in to my Fido, it shows I have 3GB + 1GB(12m).

So when I chat with support, this is what I got:

2:16 PM Carlin:
So I'm looking into it, and I'm able to confirm that on Feb 18th, we couldn't have offered you a plan with 5 GB, because we weren't offering it at that time. The only plan we were offering in comparison to Freedom Mobile at the time was the 3 GB plan we offered you, and which you accepted. That's the plan you have on your account currently.

Make sure you check your fido account online.
6 replies
Oct 29, 2016
109 posts
21 upvotes
If I remember correctly Fido once had a $50/4GB offer but that may have been the migration plan only.
On their website right now they have $60/4GB, so with a $10 discount + 1GB bonus you would be at $50/5GB.
I have a plan with both a $10 discount and 1GB bonus so it is possible.
These are the kind of details you need to confirm more than once with these people.
They're salespeople which introduces the principal-agent problem and they can lie to you.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
2998 posts
437 upvotes
Brampton ON
IhateMonday2017 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:18 pm
In February, I signed up this offer and I was told it's 5GB for $50 (in counter with Freedom Mobile), today when I log in to my Fido, it shows I have 3GB + 1GB(12m).

So when I chat with support, this is what I got:

2:16 PM Carlin:
So I'm looking into it, and I'm able to confirm that on Feb 18th, we couldn't have offered you a plan with 5 GB, because we weren't offering it at that time. The only plan we were offering in comparison to Freedom Mobile at the time was the 3 GB plan we offered you, and which you accepted. That's the plan you have on your account currently.

Make sure you check your fido account online.
Always read your service agreement OP.
VirginMobile $55 8gb (BYOP)Samsung A5 2017
Do A Math Before Signing Contract or Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

[OP]
Feb 19, 2017
7 posts
d1ulove3 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 6:14 pm
Always read your service agreement OP.
What service agreement? It was done through chat. I didn't even receive an email confirmation for that change.
Oct 29, 2016
109 posts
21 upvotes
IhateMonday2017 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 10:35 am
What service agreement? It was done through chat. I didn't even receive an email confirmation for that change.
It's kind of what I alluded to above, sounds like they told you one thing but did another.
You're not the first and won't be the last person this happens to.
Call and complain, they sold you the wrong thing.
Nov 27, 2016
27 posts
21 upvotes
Ontario
I signed up two accounts for this plan, neither of which received a confirmation email despite me asking for one and being told it would be sent. Fortunately, both plans were correctly applied on the next billing cycle, as requested. That being said, with chat becoming so popular and convenient, ALWAYS snapshot/send the chat logs for yourself. It has saved me a few times..
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18682 posts
1273 upvotes
RFDChris wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 8:51 pm
I signed up two accounts for this plan, neither of which received a confirmation email despite me asking for one and being told it would be sent. Fortunately, both plans were correctly applied on the next billing cycle, as requested. That being said, with chat becoming so popular and convenient, ALWAYS snapshot/send the chat logs for yourself. It has saved me a few times..
This is good advice....with online chat sessions, I either do a screenprint after OR just take my phone and snap a pic...

Comes in handy and helped me a lot, especially with the Fido tablet data plan AND Fido home internet BF promo....

Interesting, OP is having issues with Fido

And my 2 examples are also with Fido.....not saying the other providers are saints...lol!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel