• Nov 30th, 2017 10:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 30, 2012
29 posts
2 upvotes
Port Moody, BC

Anyone still play World of Warcraft?

Thinking about resub, just wondering what's the cheapest way to buy game time now? I remember shoppers used to have the 60 days game card for $29.99; went to my local store during the weekend but no luck. Seems like bestbuy and ebgames still selling them for $34.99, is there any place cheaper than that? TIA
15 replies
Apr 20, 2007
21 posts
Toronto
I've had luck finding the $29.99 cards recently at Walmart and Shoppers. I think they sell fairly quickly and don't restock often so I always keep my eye out and buy a couple when I see them.
Jun 12, 2004
831 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I still play, Most if not all Walmarts should carry them. Shoppers Drugmart are hit or miss...some carry the cards, some dont. At 30$ for 60 days
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
Oct 27, 2016
185 posts
33 upvotes
Not sure if the Warcraft and World of Warcraft is the same game. But Warcraft is probably the most difficult strategic game I've ever seen. I would never dare to play it again at this age.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2012
29 posts
2 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
noneleft wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:47 pm
I've had luck finding the $29.99 cards recently at Walmart and Shoppers. I think they sell fairly quickly and don't restock often so I always keep my eye out and buy a couple when I see them.
Aegis wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:15 pm
I still play, Most if not all Walmarts should carry them. Shoppers Drugmart are hit or miss...some carry the cards, some dont. At 30$ for 60 days
Thanks guys, got it at walmart :)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4750 posts
837 upvotes
Milton
New trailer is gorgeous

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6103 posts
860 upvotes
Grimsby
It's a great trailer but the expansion features seem kind of lackluster or perhaps my expectations are too high. I am mildly interested in revisiting the game at some point but Warlords of Draenor left a really bitter taste in my mouth, just too grindy and weird.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1814 posts
571 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:57 am
It's a great trailer but the expansion features seem kind of lackluster or perhaps my expectations are too high. I am mildly interested in revisiting the game at some point but Warlords of Draenor left a really bitter taste in my mouth, just too grindy and weird.
tell me about it ...

as an ex high level pvp player, its a **** nightmare just to be competitive in pvp now as a returning casual player with real life responsibilities. I need to run all these quests for artifact wep power traits, 50 honor ranks, gear isn't like it use to be (random is annoying AF), and its just forcing me to PVE so that i can PVP.. what a dumb mistake.
May 22, 2016
933 posts
180 upvotes
Ontario
This game was like crack. Even now it calls to me sometimes. We still tell tales of massive alterac valley battles from the old days.
Nov 14, 2017
2 posts
I started my MMO adventure with WoW and have beautiful memories with this game. I am currently playing PoE, but I will look into WoW world again :-)
Since I started playing World of Warcraft, I have heard that this game is dying ^^
Recently played in 2013, has changed a lot?
Sep 13, 2011
102 posts
10 upvotes
I had played since the beginning but stopped 4 months before Legion launched. I was at my local Staples 2 days ago and they had Legion in the clearance bin for $39.97 with an additional 25% off. I snagged it but haven't done anything with it yet. I will check Walmart for the game cards.

Additionally I just received an email from Blizzard stating that their website now reflects Canadian pricing. Subscriptions are 1 month - $18.99/month, 3 months - $17.49/month and 6 months - $16.33/month. So still cheaper to get the card from Walmart if it stays at $29.99/60 days.
Jun 28, 2015
201 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I play off and on. Legion was really good at first but, like all things wow, it's very grindy. So I stopped for awhile. Ill go back just before the new xpac drops.
Mar 31, 2009
998 posts
417 upvotes
I used to play WoW a ton. Had a time when I was playing at a fairly high level in both PvE and PvP. But for the last few years, going back has seemed quite difficult to get anywhere close to the level I once was at. Combination of not having the time, and no longer having the in-game connections that I used to. It is like a drug, I almost 'dream' of going back to it, but I know when I do it's not going to be anything like what I used to have. The last time I went back, I got a few random /tells from some of my old crew, but they're all scattered, and obviously have moved on with their own things.

What I 'built' back in the day took endless hours to create, and it's all gone. To rebuild that in game connection and level of play would take equal numbers of hardcore playing hours. Feels like I no longer have that available. Life happens.

So it's like I can't really go back, or if I do, I know it's mostly going to be a 'single player' experience of me grinding stuff by myself until I get tired of feeling like I'm grinding for no reason.

It's not really the game's fault though. I've tried some other mmorpgs and the exact same thing happens except in those games I don't even have the nostalgic feelings to get me going or keep me going, so I get tired of them even faster.

I always liked getting pvp gear and gearing for PvP, so Legion (with its reduced focus on gear differences in pvp) interested me less than past expansions. I haven't even bought it, because it seems like I wouldn't likely even enjoy the grinding as much. Legion was the first expansion that I didn't buy relatively early in its cycle. Though with Christmas coming closer, I'm starting to have little pangs of interest.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
johnjacobs12 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:25 pm
Not sure if the Warcraft and World of Warcraft is the same game. But Warcraft is probably the most difficult strategic game I've ever seen. I would never dare to play it again at this age.
No, they're completely different games. Warcraft is an RTS, while World of Warcraft is a MMORPG.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6103 posts
860 upvotes
Grimsby
unknownone wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 7:21 am
I used to play WoW a ton. Had a time when I was playing at a fairly high level in both PvE and PvP. But for the last few years, going back has seemed quite difficult to get anywhere close to the level I once was at. Combination of not having the time, and no longer having the in-game connections that I used to. It is like a drug, I almost 'dream' of going back to it, but I know when I do it's not going to be anything like what I used to have. The last time I went back, I got a few random /tells from some of my old crew, but they're all scattered, and obviously have moved on with their own things.

What I 'built' back in the day took endless hours to create, and it's all gone. To rebuild that in game connection and level of play would take equal numbers of hardcore playing hours. Feels like I no longer have that available. Life happens.

So it's like I can't really go back, or if I do, I know it's mostly going to be a 'single player' experience of me grinding stuff by myself until I get tired of feeling like I'm grinding for no reason.
Yeah its funny. Much like real life after school, most of my friends are scattered to the winds. My old guild is entirely defunct. I was the GM and took it to #1 progression on our server with a massive roster, left it in good hands. It had been around since WoW launch even. All down the drain now haha, bums me out a bit. I'm not even remotely interested in trying to rebuild it, too much stuff in RL going on and the missus would never tolerate it.

WoW was a really cool game and I will always remember it fondly but it just takes up too much time to get anything significant done. Every time I try to go back my time with it gets shorter and shorter. WOD I think I only lasted a week before uninstalling.