• Nov 17th, 2017 9:54 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 30, 2012
28 posts
2 upvotes
Port Moody, BC

Anyone still play World of Warcraft?

Thinking about resub, just wondering what's the cheapest way to buy game time now? I remember shoppers used to have the 60 days game card for $29.99; went to my local store during the weekend but no luck. Seems like bestbuy and ebgames still selling them for $34.99, is there any place cheaper than that? TIA
10 replies
Apr 20, 2007
21 posts
Toronto
I've had luck finding the $29.99 cards recently at Walmart and Shoppers. I think they sell fairly quickly and don't restock often so I always keep my eye out and buy a couple when I see them.
Jun 12, 2004
828 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I still play, Most if not all Walmarts should carry them. Shoppers Drugmart are hit or miss...some carry the cards, some dont. At 30$ for 60 days
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
Oct 27, 2016
182 posts
33 upvotes
Not sure if the Warcraft and World of Warcraft is the same game. But Warcraft is probably the most difficult strategic game I've ever seen. I would never dare to play it again at this age.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2012
28 posts
2 upvotes
Port Moody, BC
noneleft wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:47 pm
I've had luck finding the $29.99 cards recently at Walmart and Shoppers. I think they sell fairly quickly and don't restock often so I always keep my eye out and buy a couple when I see them.
Aegis wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:15 pm
I still play, Most if not all Walmarts should carry them. Shoppers Drugmart are hit or miss...some carry the cards, some dont. At 30$ for 60 days
Thanks guys, got it at walmart :)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4703 posts
804 upvotes
Milton
New trailer is gorgeous

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
It's a great trailer but the expansion features seem kind of lackluster or perhaps my expectations are too high. I am mildly interested in revisiting the game at some point but Warlords of Draenor left a really bitter taste in my mouth, just too grindy and weird.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1767 posts
540 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:57 am
It's a great trailer but the expansion features seem kind of lackluster or perhaps my expectations are too high. I am mildly interested in revisiting the game at some point but Warlords of Draenor left a really bitter taste in my mouth, just too grindy and weird.
tell me about it ...

as an ex high level pvp player, its a **** nightmare just to be competitive in pvp now as a returning casual player with real life responsibilities. I need to run all these quests for artifact wep power traits, 50 honor ranks, gear isn't like it use to be (random is annoying AF), and its just forcing me to PVE so that i can PVP.. what a dumb mistake.
May 22, 2016
809 posts
134 upvotes
Ontario
This game was like crack. Even now it calls to me sometimes. We still tell tales of massive alterac valley battles from the old days.
Nov 14, 2017
2 posts
I started my MMO adventure with WoW and have beautiful memories with this game. I am currently playing PoE, but I will look into WoW world again :-)
Since I started playing World of Warcraft, I have heard that this game is dying ^^
Recently played in 2013, has changed a lot?
Sep 13, 2011
100 posts
9 upvotes
I had played since the beginning but stopped 4 months before Legion launched. I was at my local Staples 2 days ago and they had Legion in the clearance bin for $39.97 with an additional 25% off. I snagged it but haven't done anything with it yet. I will check Walmart for the game cards.

Additionally I just received an email from Blizzard stating that their website now reflects Canadian pricing. Subscriptions are 1 month - $18.99/month, 3 months - $17.49/month and 6 months - $16.33/month. So still cheaper to get the card from Walmart if it stays at $29.99/60 days.