anyone still rocking a vita?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 1:17 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5819 posts
1215 upvotes
The PS Vita is mainly known as the Persona 4 Golden machine because that is its standout best exclusive.
Many of the other notable PS Vita games are downgraded ports of console games.

The 3DS ran away with the handheld gaming market in the head to head comparison.
It is highly unlikely that Sony will make another portable gaming platform after the PS Vita.

Nintendo has far better exclusives on the 3DS overall via first and third party.
Sony's top studios like Naughty Dog did not work on any PS Vita games. It leaned heavily on 3rd party developers;
while Nintendo put some of their top teams to work on 3DS exclusives (while arguably at the expense of neglecting the Wii U).

The one aspect the PS Vita has over the 3DS is better hardware and multimedia playback storage and playback (mp4 movies, music, etc).

I use my 3DS more than the PS Vita. Although now my Nintendo Switch gets more use than either the 3DS or PS Vita
but I mostly play the Switch in docked mode as a home console rather than in portable or tabletop mode.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1075 posts
174 upvotes
mississauga
Im surprised the vita is still getting games released since Sony is not really giving it much love. But, I also didnt enjoy that setsuna wasnt ported, I dont feel like buying it on steam, im not even sure if that game is that good since I havent played it.

I only have one vita game, ffx-remaster because I never finished it on ps2, and I dont know which game to get next, im not sure im going to like persona golden. I like hacking consoles but for educational purposes only, when I throw the library of games on a system I end up not valuing any of the games, but im tempted to do that.

Jesus shovel knight is $100.
yes
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3368 posts
235 upvotes
wait, Vita isn't available in official retail channels anymore in Canada?

I always joked about bundling them with PS4 Pro for free...guess I missed out on the $99 fire sale??

SCEI more or less killed off PS Move, Vita & VItaTV...if PSVR doesn't have dozen + AAA support in the next year or so it'll be next.

Sony probably blew more on R&D that ended up in the drain than any other tech company in history...how's their Xperia line not dead yet (some great products...just terrible marketing/overly-conservative styling)
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1075 posts
174 upvotes
mississauga
I feel like the vita was a missed opportunity, first the backside touch panel could have be scrapped, I would have opted for a good haptic feedback system instead(which would give a legit reason to get it over the 3ds, a gimmic to battle a gimmic). There could have been more feel-good jrpg ports like, ni no kuni or any more remasters or ports from the ps2 era. Also No gran turismo wtf were they thinking. The shitty decisions must have been to poor sales so I guess I understand but it still boggles my mind how sony dropped the ball.
yes
Apr 24, 2006
41 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby
I'm still using PS Vita. Playing God Wars on vita and remote play from bedroom and work to play PS4 games.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4632 posts
796 upvotes
Milton
my vita is paper weight atm
Sep 9, 2007
756 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey
I have Sly cooper collection on it that I really want to play.

Problem is my Vita doesn't like charging. I'm not sure if it's my cable but it'll take a lot of attempts of re plugging the cable to get it to charge.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2736 posts
851 upvotes
Playing Person 4 Golden on it. I was playing Persona 5 at the same time but I've platinumed it. Just taking my time with Golden
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1612 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
Nutchos wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:05 pm
Problem is my Vita doesn't like charging. I'm not sure if it's my cable but it'll take a lot of attempts of re plugging the cable to get it to charge.
I had the same problem, it was the cable.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1578 posts
118 upvotes
North York
I still play mine. I enjoy visual novels and JRPG's on it.

Looking forward to Danganronpa V3 in Sept.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1578 posts
118 upvotes
North York
drdrma wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:10 pm
Yes, currently playing Terraria
I love the vita.
Anyone know where I can buy a new one?
Not new but see this thread to get a refurb from Sony's repair centre. They also throw in an 8gb mem card.

nintendo-ps-vita-deals-thread-1097462/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9993 posts
355 upvotes
Ive been playing ported console games on mine. I never played them on the Ps2/Ps3/PSP or whatever and there are frequent sales making them cost 3-5$. In fact I think Dragon's Crown might be the only actual VITA game I've played...
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1885 posts
1275 upvotes
Montreal
spawn582 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:19 am
I still play mine. I enjoy visual novels and JRPG's on it.

Looking forward to Danganronpa V3 in Sept.
Hell yea. Can't wait for Danganronpa. I finished Steins Gate 0 on my Vita not too long ago, then went through some visual novels on PC.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1075 posts
174 upvotes
mississauga
yey got a translated version of setsuna loaded up on the vita.
yes