Food & Drink

Anyone tried McD's Parmesan & Garlic fries?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2017 8:44 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
3178 posts
423 upvotes

Anyone tried McD's Parmesan & Garlic fries?

How was it? Didn't realize they have it until after I ordered something else on the app yesterday.. I may go try it out next week if it's okay.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
I tried them last weekend and loved them, the taste is great, even if I slathered them in ketchup (which they don't need).

What I did not like, they come in the same box as their poutine, but there are so few in there it was laughable. On a combo they cost 0.40$ extra but you get about the same amount as a small fry (at least I assume it's even that much, it's about half the size of a medium fry).

Taste: 10/10
Value: 2/10
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
It was 50 cents extra to make it a combo (downtown Toronto). It was basically unsalted fries (or they forgot to put salt on it) with oil on the top of most fries in the middle, and some herb mix. If I were blindfolded while eating it, I would just said they tasted like oily, lightly seasoned fries.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2511 posts
259 upvotes
Whitby
Feneant wrote: I tried them last weekend and loved them, the taste is great, even if I slathered them in ketchup (which they don't need).

What I did not like, they come in the same box as their poutine, but there are so few in there it was laughable. On a combo they cost 0.40$ extra but you get about the same amount as a small fry (at least I assume it's even that much, it's about half the size of a medium fry).

Taste: 10/10
Value: 2/10
Pretty much this, I ate them as they came, I had to shake the box as most of the seasoning was dumped in the middle coating only a few fries. I thought they were good but wouldn't upgrade pay to upgrade them again.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
How strong is the "garlic breath" after eating these?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I like it a lot. Whenever I buy a meal, I ask for it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
tk1000 wrote: How strong is the "garlic breath" after eating these?
Very much we found it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
tk1000 wrote: How strong is the "garlic breath" after eating these?
Assuming they are using garlic powder or garlic salt, your breath will be bad enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon.
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
I tried them but didn't care for them much. I prefer their fries without this garlic powder stuff on it. And as someone else said you get a smaller amount of fries for an extra cost.
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
799 upvotes
Interesting! Would love to try it and see how it compares to the real stuff that I had in Garlic city Gilroy, California. Nom!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)