• Jul 29th, 2017 9:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Just saw the ghost pepper flavour ...black bag? I've never seen them before. Would have purchased them but not for $5.99 lol at Meinhardts. No idea how people shop here. Astronomical prices.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Supercooled wrote: I call it the racist chips.

They made the one chip challenge a while back using ghost peppers.
I actually didn't like saying the name of the brand at my work for obvious reasons. It's actually pronounced how that chinese candy is pronounced, which is 'Pocky" apparently...

The only ones I have tried are the ghost pepper and the one chip challenge (which was insane...) but the ghost pepper ones I really like.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3610 upvotes
The Paqui chips are featured in this week's Metro flyer. Maybe they'll have all the flavours.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Your lucky :( I just bought two bags at Nesters here in Vancouver. Luckily only $2.99 but they only had 3 flavours seen everywhere.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
2 for $6 at Metro; I tried the Ghost Peppers, Nacho, Salsa Verde and Ranch.

The Ghost Peppers have heat compared to what you normally see in a store, but aren't on the same level as Blairs or Rebel
The Ranch is IMO my favourite, I accidentally ate the whole bag
The Salsa Verde is also very good
The Nacho is decent

And for the most part they're well seasoned.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm I tried the grilled habenero this weekend. Not a fan. All I taste is the spices.
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
I defy anyone to eat a whole bag of the "Haunted Ghost Pepper" in 1 sitting....THEY'RE HOT!!!
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 12th, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bypassing the censor
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
Has anyone seen the Haunted Ghost Pepper in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke or Barrie? I need these :D
:cool:
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3610 upvotes
Big Shooter wrote: I defy anyone to eat a whole bag of the "Haunted Ghost Pepper" in 1 sitting....THEY'RE HOT!!!
The Roasted Habanero are pretty hot too, But delicious. And no secondary burn.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
xfftwf wrote: Has anyone seen the Haunted Ghost Pepper in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke or Barrie? I need these :D
Try Metro (and they sometimes have them on sale for ~$2). I know in Toronto, Metro seems to be the only place I find them (other than health food stores).
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
bonterra wrote: The Roasted Habanero are pretty hot too, But delicious. And no secondary burn.
Yes, they are 'easier' to eat. :)
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
xfftwf wrote: Has anyone seen the Haunted Ghost Pepper in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke or Barrie? I need these :D
Metro at Keele & Wilson is where I last saw them
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
Shimso wrote: Try Metro (and they sometimes have them on sale for ~$2). I know in Toronto, Metro seems to be the only place I find them (other than health food stores).
Big Shooter wrote: Metro at Keele & Wilson is where I last saw them
Thanks guys I found them at the Metro Meadowvale Town Centre in Mississauga :D, two bags for $7 super happy right now :D
:cool:
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
xfftwf wrote: Thanks guys I found them at the Metro Meadowvale Town Centre in Mississauga :D, two bags for $7 super happy right now :D
Yes, 2/$7 thru Aug. 30 @ Metro I noticed yesterday!!!! Gonna be a HOT Summer after all!! :D
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7950 posts
3610 upvotes
On sale at Superstore this week, buy 2 or more $3.00 each. My store had cheese, ranch and grilled habanero.

The new Que Pasa tortilla chips, sweet and spicy ranch, nacho and lime jalapeno are also buy 2 or more $3.00 each.

In the Natural Values aisle.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
I tried the blue bag today (wild wild ranch). A bit overpowering for me. My favourite is the green package.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)