Art and Photography

Anyone tried the sigma ef530 super flash?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2009 2:55 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1543 posts
301 upvotes

Anyone tried the sigma ef530 super flash?

I am interested in buying this flash for my nikon d80 and I was wondering if this flash is any good.

Not a single review on the net for the super model.

Thanks.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
do yourself a favour and buy a nikon flash. SB-600/800/900 are guaranteed to work. Sigma's have been somewhat hit and miss with CLS.
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
I also second getting a Nikon flash. They're not that expensive if you get a used one. SB800 (fantastic flashes) can be had for under $300! They're powerful, they have a PC-sync, they have optical slave, and have awesome Nikon wireless CLS as well! Sure beats Canon's used offerings in the flash department.
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com
Dec 31, 1969
sfu_engineer wrote: I also second getting a Nikon flash. They're not that expensive if you get a used one. SB800 (fantastic flashes) can be had for under $300! They're powerful, they have a PC-sync, they have optical slave, and have awesome Nikon wireless CLS as well! Sure beats Canon's used offerings in the flash department.
Well said. I have the Sigma EF-530 DG Super for my SD14 and is powerful but no where near as intuitive and well built as the SB-800's I had for my Nikon kit...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)