Aug 26, 2002
11466 posts
3604 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pantherlite wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 2:49 pm
Honestly, I tried ordering a package from the US with them and:

They don't pick up their phone
If you want to pick up in Markham, you'll need to contact them because you can't specify that when you sign up.

If anyone has a better service please let me know. Looking for a reliable company.
I recently completed my first US purchase using CBP and I'm very happy with the speed and service. No need to call them at all and once their US warehouse has the package, I promptly received an email asking how to proceed. That's where you can specify the Markham pick up location. You don't need to specify that when you sign up.
Dec 3, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone successfully used CrossBorderPickup to receive an online order from Costco.com? I put an order in for a tv, went through ok, and then they cancelled it shortly thereafter.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3328 posts
861 upvotes
markham
pantherlite wrote:

If you want to pick up in Markham, you'll need to contact them because you can't specify that when you sign up.

If anyone has a better service please let me know. Looking for a reliable company.
1...you are a newbie here with a 1 hand count of posts
2...they didn't pick your phone so you slag them when if you read the website it tells you what to do..
3...you slag them as not reputable when you haven't used their service...and many in here have and their service has been very good or at least what they claim it to be.

you want "reliable"..i suggest you use. UPS parcel service...you will get bent over twice ...once on delivery ..and on a later date a customs and brokerage charge.

you are telling us about CBP ..when we all have used them many times??....ya ok..find a new thread or even forum
Jan 17, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
rvs007 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 3:38 pm
I recently completed my first US purchase using CBP and I'm very happy with the speed and service. No need to call them at all and once their US warehouse has the package, I promptly received an email asking how to proceed. That's where you can specify the Markham pick up location. You don't need to specify that when you sign up.

I also received an email when they've received it a the US border:

"Great News! Your package from Onine Labels with Tracking ______ has been processed and is ready for transport to Canada
We ask you to review the estimated duties and taxes. We will also like to know if you would like this package to be kept aside for consolidation or sent immediately (individually) to Canada for pickup"

Unfortunately, I did not see an option once I was directed to their website to confirm if I wanted my package to be kept aside or shipped.
When I called in to ask about where I can do that, the lady said she can change the location on my account and it would always be delivered to that pick up location.
Last edited by pantherlite on Sep 8th, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
cardguy wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 2:20 pm
1...you are a newbie here with a 1 hand count of posts
2...they didn't pick your phone so you slag them when if you read the website it tells you what to do..
3...you slag them as not reputable when you haven't used their service...and many in here have and their service has been very good or at least what they claim it to be.

you want "reliable"..i suggest you use. UPS parcel service...you will get bent over twice ...once on delivery ..and on a later date a customs and brokerage charge.

you are telling us about CBP ..when we all have used them many times??....ya ok..find a new thread or even forum

1. Is there something wrong with being a "newbie" here? I don't spend a lot of time posting on forums online so I'll probably continue my newbie status for a long time haha.

2. I think it's very unusual for a business not to pick up their phone in the middle of the day for over an hour, so I thought it was worth mentioning. If I could locate where the information is on their website, this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It would also be helpful if you posted a link in case anyone else needs it in the future. (I just went on their website again to doublecheck, nothing under services or questions regarding selecting your pick up location).

3. I did use their service. And I'm speaking from my experience as a first time user.

When has this thread turned into an experienced CBP customers only discussion? I thought the title was "Anyone try CrossBorderPickup?"
Isn't the point of this forum to share your honest experience with Cross Border Pickups?

Besides, most people looking for feedback on this company probably haven't used their services yet so what I've posted would be helpful to them.
Like you mentioned, there isn't really another alternative that would be the same cost so people are likely going to use this company regardless of how many non-raving reviews it has.
If you look at the google review they obviously have some consistency issues with their service.
Apr 10, 2017
607 posts
206 upvotes
pantherlite wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 5:18 pm
I also received an email when they've received it a the US border:

"Great News! Your package from Onine Labels with Tracking ______ has been processed and is ready for transport to Canada
We ask you to review the estimated duties and taxes. We will also like to know if you would like this package to be kept aside for consolidation or sent immediately (individually) to Canada for pickup"

Unfortunately, I did not see an option once I was directed to their website to confirm if I wanted my package to be kept aside or shipped.
When I called in to ask about where I can do that, the lady said she can change the location on my account and it would always be delivered to that pick up location.
There is. I forgot their term for it, but the to be kept aside option is "consolidation". There's 2 options, you pick consolidation next time

Anyway, I've also tried using their Canada to US service. It went well although the tracking made me nervous (sent Aug 31st, only appeared Sept 6 on the day it was delivered)

September 6, 2018, 1:41 pm
Delivered
PORTLAND, OR 97223
Your item was delivered at 1:41 pm on September 6, 2018 in PORTLAND, OR 97223. The item was signed for by J JO.
September 6, 2018, 7:21 am
Arrived at Post Office
PORTLAND, OR 97223

September 6, 2018, 2:28 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

August 31
, 2018, 3:12 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14305

Honestly, to me, there's no advantage using their Canada - US service UNLESS you want the package delivered ASAP. I have a Canadapost small business discount card and it would've probably been $1-2 cheaper but it would've probably taken 3-5 more days. So unless you live close to CBP or can prepare the package while doing a pick up, just send through Canadapost
Last edited by Biscayne05 on Sep 8th, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Biscayne05 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 5:33 pm
There is. I forgot their term for it, but the to be kept aside option is "consolidation". There's 2 options, you pick consolidation next time

Anyway, I've also tried using their Canada to US service. It went well although the tracking made me nervous (sent Aug 31st, only appeared Sept 6 on the day it was delivered)

September 6, 2018, 1:41 pm
Delivered
PORTLAND, OR 97223
Your item was delivered at 1:41 pm on September 6, 2018 in PORTLAND, OR 97223. The item was signed for by J JO.
September 6, 2018, 7:21 am
Arrived at Post Office
PORTLAND, OR 97223

September 6, 2018, 2:28 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
PORTLAND DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

August 31
, 2018, 3:12 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14305

What I meant was that I didn't see an option to pick the pick up location, and only saw the options for consolidation. Sorry for the confusion.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3328 posts
861 upvotes
markham
pantherlite wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 5:35 pm
What I meant was that I didn't see an option to pick the pick up location, and only saw the options for consolidation. Sorry for the confusion.
when you attempt to slag a decent company service or person that doesn't deserve it..you will be called out...maybe you shouldn't commented about them without having all your info.
Jan 5, 2007
230 posts
80 upvotes
pantherlite wrote:

I've been using their services for a few years. They have been reliable for me but then again I haven't picked up anything in Markham and haven't used their package forwarding services since they opened their Markham location.

Wouldn't you be able to specify Markham when you request that they bring the package over the border? I'm guessing you know this but they don't just bring it over, you have to specify values and confirm contents via the email link they send you. So it would make sense to be able to specify where you want to pick up your package with your request?
Jan 5, 2007
230 posts
80 upvotes
cardguy wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 5:43 pm
when you attempt to slag a decent company service or person that doesn't deserve it..you will be called out...maybe you shouldn't commented about them without having all your info.
I read his first post then replied without seeing the other replies. Probably expecting the polished services of a multi billion dollar company but wanting to pay less than the bare minimum.

I run my own business. Fortunately for me I can usually figure it out when this type of customer messages me. I usually try to reply out of common courtesy but if I don't have time, no time wasted.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1246 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
If I order a pair of $100 shoes what kind of costs would I be looking at on top of that? Need to have an exact idea before buying.
Jan 22, 2017
91 posts
14 upvotes
Another unhappy customer!
I clearly mentioned that I dont need consolidation services for my 2 packages and I want each one in Canada as soon as they arrive.

Amazon took time to ship the second item as it was not in stock ATM. I had to cal CBS multiple times to remind them to get my first package to Canada. They got it here 6 days after receiving the first package, along with my second package.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1246 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up ordering the shoes from Bandier and I think it ends up a little cheaper plus should be a lot more straightforward.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11466 posts
3604 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bjohannes wrote:
Sep 8th, 2018 1:44 pm
Has anyone successfully used CrossBorderPickup to receive an online order from Costco.com? I put an order in for a tv, went through ok, and then they cancelled it shortly thereafter.
I ordered something from Costco.com two weeks ago and it arrived to the CBP Markham location without any issues. It wasn't a big item like a TV, though.
Dec 3, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
Interesting, thanks for the info. Maybe they just didn't like the fact that the membership name and billing name didnt match up (membership is under my wife's name).