Anyone try CrossBorderPickup?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 10:40 am
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2018
16 posts
2 upvotes
Oh I did not pay $10 for CBSA docs. That would have been absurd, given that you can get them for free from USPS/Fedex/DHL. I would have assumed I'd pay no duties as well, but CBP absolutely did not care. It had the right country of origin, and I've already described what happened when I tried to contact them. Virtually, nothing.

And USPS would have been faster, cheaper, and more reliable. Remember that you should still pay for shipping within US. I didn't mind $23 for re-shipping, but now I do after a week. Why did I pay that to not have the item shipped? That was quite pointless.

I frequently bring in $200-300 clothing from US across the border. Some made in US, some in Europe. I've never paid anything (myself or through USPS/Fedex/DHL). This time it was this one item, and I will avoid CBP at all costs from now on -- thanks to its lack of customer service.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5064 posts
578 upvotes
Mississauga
nidixicuc wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 1:27 am
So it's day 7, and my package is yet to be shipped. I wonder if I would call CBP a shipping company anymore. And CS has no idea about what's going on, quite literally.

It's quite clear at this point that if I did pay 40 USD to USPS, I would have received it faster, which is an interesting thought. Maybe even cheaper! Because I paid $23 for shipping, and without disclosing the exact amount (because someone here seems to be overly interested), I paid more than that for duties and taxes.
Didn't realize this thread was still active...

Did you declare the price and click the option for them to ship it to Canada?
They hold on to your package if you don't explicitly ask them to ship it.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Oct 22, 2018
16 posts
2 upvotes
Day 11. Still no notice of shipment. No response from CBP. Hoping something would happen when Paypal steps in.
Last edited by nidixicuc on Oct 30th, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 22, 2018
16 posts
2 upvotes
I really wonder why CBP would charge for items exempt for duties in the first place. The item was made in US, which is correctly identified when it got to their warehouse.

Oddly enough, they can't give me the proof that they ever paid CBSA. Not my biggest problem at this point, though. So if your item would incur any meaningful amount of duties and taxes, I would say any other option comes out to be cheaper than CBP.
Oct 22, 2018
16 posts
2 upvotes
Day 12. No shipment. Called and no one picked up. Emailed again, which I am sure will be ignored.
Jan 19, 2007
23 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
FWIW, I just dialed their local number and spoke to someone. Maybe you should try that number 905-212-1055. I have never had a problem getting in touch with them when I call that number.
May 11, 2009
201 posts
25 upvotes
Burlington
nidixicuc wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 10:38 am
Day 12. No shipment. Called and no one picked up. Emailed again, which I am sure will be ignored.
Seriously dude, give it a rest with the complaining. I've dealt with CBP for about a year now, and they have treated me well. Getting my items from the states to their Mississauga location takes 2 days, never an issue. I've been in their twice a week lately, and they are always answering the phone. What # are you calling??
Jan 17, 2017
52 posts
16 upvotes
Requested a few items for pickup on Tues and got an in transit status now.

One thing I didn't know beforehand was the consolidation fee ($5) for shipping out multiple items at once. I guess I should just be sending them out individually when they arrive in NY? If they all sit at the pickup location anyways why should I bother consolidating?
May 15, 2017
1 posts
How long does it normally take for your items to show up on their website? This is my first time using their service. My item was delivered to the Niagara location an hour ago but there is nothing showing up on the website itself yet.
Apr 13, 2005
264 posts
24 upvotes
Kitchener
Lostpas wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 11:21 am
Requested a few items for pickup on Tues and got an in transit status now.

One thing I didn't know beforehand was the consolidation fee ($5) for shipping out multiple items at once. I guess I should just be sending them out individually when they arrive in NY? If they all sit at the pickup location anyways why should I bother consolidating?
Quite the opposite. You save money by consolidating.

So say you have 4 packages... If you ship them separately they charge you $8 (or whatever their rate is now) per package for a total of $32.

If you consolidate, I believe you pay the regular rate (lets say $8) for the first package, then $5 for every additional package you consolidate into that "shipment" across the border. For a total of $23 in this example.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5625 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
Hoping to win an auction on Ebay and was wondering if there is any place in our profile where we designate our pick up location. At one time, there was only Mississauga and now there's Markham. Where do we tell them we want Markham (or Mississauga)?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11466 posts
3604 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:46 pm
Hoping to win an auction on Ebay and was wondering if there is any place in our profile where we designate our pick up location. At one time, there was only Mississauga and now there's Markham. Where do we tell them we want Markham (or Mississauga)?
I believe it's when CBP receives the shipment in their U.S. warehouse and notifies you by email. Along with a custom declaration, you can tell them which pick up location you want the shipment sent to.
Nov 26, 2003
50 posts
111 upvotes
Krelokk wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 2:21 pm
How long does it normally take for your items to show up on their website? This is my first time using their service. My item was delivered to the Niagara location an hour ago but there is nothing showing up on the website itself yet.
It varies. Sometimes a few hours but sometimes can take up to 2 days.
You'll also get an e-mail with a link to fill out the custom declaration if they cannot find any receipts inside the package.
Jan 17, 2017
52 posts
16 upvotes
baggio4eva wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:05 pm
Quite the opposite. You save money by consolidating.

So say you have 4 packages... If you ship them separately they charge you $8 (or whatever their rate is now) per package for a total of $32.

If you consolidate, I believe you pay the regular rate (lets say $8) for the first package, then $5 for every additional package you consolidate into that "shipment" across the border. For a total of $23 in this example.
Ok that makes sense. The wording on website made it sound like the $5 fee would be on top of the standard costs.

Items arrived today!
Sep 25, 2003
199 posts
30 upvotes
Scarborough
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:46 pm
You have to manually set this in your customer profile. There should be an option to edit customer info, and then to choose the pick up location for all your packages. This will set for all future deliveries.