Anyone try CrossBorderPickup?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 10:40 am
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2018
16 posts
2 upvotes
For those who are wondering, I still haven't received my package. I was finally able to get a person answer my phone call, but the lady had no idea where it may be and I was told to wait. Well, I am running out of options.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3009 posts
317 upvotes
Looked through the thread and couldn't really find any information on this... Does anyone know if you consolidate two packages do they open them up and put them into one box?
Jan 17, 2017
52 posts
16 upvotes
Homer88 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 3:45 pm
Looked through the thread and couldn't really find any information on this... Does anyone know if you consolidate two packages do they open them up and put them into one box?
No they should be kept separate. Consolidating is just to ship them out at the same time.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3009 posts
317 upvotes
Lostpas wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 5:58 pm
No they should be kept separate. Consolidating is just to ship them out at the same time.
Thanks! That's good to hear
Nov 2, 2015
436 posts
151 upvotes
Markham
Anyone try to buy TV from USA and ship it to here?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5625 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
New rates were announced via email....nice that they removing dimension calculations because places like Amazon can take a huge box and ship a tic tac in it.

Here is a quick summary of the changes

Simpler Package Sizes - Based on weight only (no more dimensions).
Update to Prices - Package rates will change (including some savings).
Consolidation Criteria - Discounts will start from 3 packages.
Simpler Mail to Home Pricing - Based on your Postal Code instead of Province.
Adhoc Services - Clearly defining the charges for Optional and Special Services.
We believe these changes better reflect the growing needs of our customers, and help us provide continued excellent service.

These prices will go into effect for all packages
received on or after November 19th

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/wp-co ... TE_CBP.pdf
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 23, 2008
566 posts
122 upvotes
Gtown
Never again for me. I used them over 20 times in the last 3 years or so, I even recommended them to my coworkers.
Until the last package, which they lost for over a month in their US location. I called them a few times, they were always saying they are looking for it. USPS tracking was showing it was delivered.

Finally they found it and brought it here. The guy at the Mississauga location is the most unfriendly person I saw in retail, always looking like he was bringing boxes from the back as a favour to the customer. Never thanking people, never mind responding to thank you. No, he is paid for that. I was putting up with that cause the location is convenient. But when I tell him that they took over a month to bring a small parcel from the State he just raises his shoulders. No sorry, no nothing. A company focused on customer service would have offered to at least waive their shipping fee.

This was an eBay purchase, and the seller put in a defective item. I could not return it because it was past the eBay return window. So I am stuck with it. Last time I used CBP.
Last edited by RaidZero on Nov 8th, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 16, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
Dinujan wrote:
May 19th, 2015 7:25 pm
well if you read their terms it says they open your package to speed up the customs process.

They also ask for the invoice which I guess helps speed up the process.

I use CBI too, but being able to pick up 10mins away from my house is a huge bonus. I'm going to try ordering that OBI202 from newegg and see how it goes.

I just signed up, My customer number is in the low 100s, so it looks like this a fairly new setup

I'm not sure if opening the package is a big issue. I've ordered stuff from China that likely gets opened in the process but I'm okayy with them as long as I'm getting that stuff for cheap and fast.
Jan 5, 2007
230 posts
80 upvotes
RaidZero wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:51 am
Never again for me. I used them over 20 times in the last 3 years or so, I even recommended them to my coworkers.
Until the last package, which they lost for over a month in their US location. I called them a few times, they were always saying they are looking for it. USPS tracking was showing it was delivered.
Finally they found it and brought it here. The guy at the Mississauga location is the most unfriendly person I saw in retail, always looking like he was bringing boxes from the back as a favour to the customer. Never thanking people, never mind responding to thank you. No, he is paid for that. I was putting up with that cause the location is convenient. But when I tell him that they took over a month to bring a small parcel from the State he just raises his shoulders. No sorry, no nothing. A company focused on customer service would have offered to at least wiave their shipping fee.
This was an eBay purchase, and the seller put in a defective item. I could not return it because it was past the eBay return window. So I am stuck with it. Last time I used CBP.
I use their service mainly to ship things out, was just in there yesterday. Customer service is a bit lacking sometimes but I'm mostly there to get something done then I'm onto whatever's next. It isn't really retail, it is mainly for people who want to get their stuff done and go. On the receiving side they lost 1 package for me last month (first one in 3 years) but it was found a few days later and they personally called me when they found it. For the shipping side when I did email them about a missing package that I paid for UPS 2-day shipping to the States (that was found and delivered a few days late), I got a full refund on the shipping for that package - I didn't have to ask for the refund. The refund went into the next packages I shipped out. You should email them asking for a refund on those charges. Tell them that you were a repeat customer and were disappointed in your last experience with the package being lost past the return time limit.

I think I know who you are talking about with your recent bad experience. He's a younger guy usually in the back usually doing grunt work. His job isn't exactly customer service but I've seen him help other customers load packages into their car. They had him on cleaning duty yesterday.

The timing of the recent problems from some of the posts here seem to coincide with their opening of the Markham location. Might be related to running two locations instead of one. There might have been issues with the receiving location in NY - new employee misplacing packages, who knows. I'm sure they have already begun to fix the problems that came up.

For your defective item, sometimes the eBay seller will try to resolve issues before you leave negative feedback (60 days to leave feedback). I would try to contact the seller for a refund or replacement.
May 23, 2008
566 posts
122 upvotes
Gtown
Dex wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:42 am
I use their service mainly to ship things out, was just in there yesterday.
Water under the bridge. It happened many months ago, but glad it works out for you.

It was a mature gentleman, definitely not a young guy.

During that month long wait for Cross Border Pickup to find the package, I asked the eBay seller for an image of the package or something, to try and help CBP.
The seller had the USPS record showing that the box was delivered and went to eBay claiming I am trying to defraud him. So eBay closed the transaction, I could not ask for a return and not even leave negative feedback.
I sworn off eBay as well. Amazon it is since then.
Jan 17, 2009
382 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Probably late to the thread, but I've used them a few times for US only products that wouldn't ship to Canada and haven't had a problem.
Oct 17, 2017
267 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what days & hours their Niagara Falls US warehouse is open? I got USPS tracking event: Sat 8.30am Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location, NIAGARA FALLS , which likely means their office is closed Saturday morning or have restricted hours that is strange as USPS delivers mail on Saturdays. In such case, will USPS attempt redelivery next business day, i.e. on Monday, or I need to call the nearest Niagara Falls post office to request redelivery - as a receiver or shipper? Is it even possible to request redelivery for regular mail like USPS 1st Class, or its only offered for express mail?

Ooops, found USPS Redelivery Request webpage. By Terms of Service USPS won't usually redeliver, unless there's a request, yet redelivery may not be available at some locations, in which case the item will be returned to sender in 15 days unless you arrange for a pickup at the local post office. In such case use USPS Post Office Finder to call them directly and kindly ask to redeliver.

Called CBP, they said US Niagara Falls warehouse is open Mon to Fri 8am to 3pm, and postal carriers usually redeliver next Monday without customer placing a redelivery request. Lets hope its true.

Update: USPS did not attempt to redeliver the parcel to CBP warehouse next Monday. I had to file the Redelivery Request through USPS website, and next day it was delivered to CBP.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5625 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
Just did my pickup at Markham location. Here's my experience:

Won an Ebay Auction item last week. Delivery ETA was Nov 15th
items was received at their NY location one day early Nov 14th
then sent me a email requesting value (as there was no invoice) and if I wanted item sent up to pickup location (markham). I answered it almost immediately as I saw the email.
Email received....It was ready for pickup on the 15th here in Markham.

FYI....you can specify preferred pickup location. Login, go to My account and hit EDIT -> you will not see the pickup location preference until you hit EDIT.

Great service. Will definitely do my shopping in the US now.

Jul 14, 2013
459 posts
51 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 1:40 pm
Just did my pickup at Markham location. Here's my experience:

Won an Ebay Auction item last week. Delivery ETA was Nov 15th
items was received at their NY location one day early Nov 14th
then sent me a email requesting value (as there was no invoice) and if I wanted item sent up to pickup location (markham). I answered it almost immediately as I saw the email.
Email received....It was ready for pickup on the 15th here in Markham.

FYI....you can specify preferred pickup location. Login, go to My account and hit EDIT -> you will not see the pickup location preference until you hit EDIT.

Great service. Will definitely do my shopping in the US now.
wow it only took a day for the package to reach the markham location from their NY location? then you paid tax/duty when you go pick up the package?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5625 posts
1267 upvotes
Markham
n0thing wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 10:28 pm
wow it only took a day for the package to reach the markham location from their NY location? then you paid tax/duty when you go pick up the package?
Yep. In my case, no duty (lot of stuff is duty free).
Paid tax and 9 plus hst fee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)