None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5889 posts
1418 upvotes
Markham
n0thing wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 10:28 pm
wow it only took a day for the package to reach the markham location from their NY location? then you paid tax/duty when you go pick up the package?
Yep. Perhaps I made cut off times.

In my case, no duty (lot of stuff is duty free).
Paid tax and 9 plus hst fee.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 14, 2013
508 posts
70 upvotes
im trying to ship a parcel out to usa, and have created a new shipment under the "shipments" tab. do i simply go to their location, pay the postage, print and attach label and drop if off? is there any fee on top of the "total shipping price"?

i tried using stallion the other day, difference being i loaded up credits and paid before i went.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18183 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
n0thing wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 10:28 pm
wow it only took a day for the package to reach the markham location from their NY location? then you paid tax/duty when you go pick up the package?
Yes they are very fast. Very happy with their service so far. It's also cheaper to ship with them than using Canada Post Venture One (especially packages shipped to the states, it's like 50% off!). They also bring packages over to the states to ship from there if you have your own return label for little or no money (a few cents).
Their customer website interface is not very user-friendly, but I'm told they are working on fixing it soon.
Jul 14, 2013
508 posts
70 upvotes
How about their ship out service to the states? I dropped of a package to stallion express on Sunday and it's already in USPS hands now
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5889 posts
1418 upvotes
Markham
felix wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 12:00 am
Yes they are very fast. Very happy with their service so far. It's also cheaper to ship with them than using Canada Post Venture One (especially packages shipped to the states, it's like 50% off!). They also bring packages over to the states to ship from there if you have your own return label for little or no money (a few cents).
Their customer website interface is not very user-friendly, but I'm told they are working on fixing it soon.
I don't see any pricing on the website for thier ship to US service. Chit Chat is the main player in this area I think. Their website has a full engine to estimate shipping costs+their service charge. If someone has used the ship to US service, please provide some of your "experience", pricing etc.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 5, 2007
253 posts
98 upvotes
n0thing wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 7:28 am
How about their ship out service to the states? I dropped of a package to stallion express on Sunday and it's already in USPS hands now
Haven't tried Stallion Express but I use Cross Border Pickups for shipping out. They run some sort of algorithm when you enter your package info/destination. They have bulk pricing from UPS but will also ship via USPS. For USPS I believe they still bring those over the border themselves.

So from the packages I've sent, 2-day shipping is via UPS. For value shipping it is UPS for California and the western US. Packages sent to Oklahoma and Washington were both USPS. I was told UPS picks up packages daily between 5pm and 7pm. I use the Mississauga location so pickup time might be different at the Markham location.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18183 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 10:19 am
I don't see any pricing on the website for thier ship to US service. Chit Chat is the main player in this area I think. Their website has a full engine to estimate shipping costs+their service charge. If someone has used the ship to US service, please provide some of your "experience", pricing etc.
When you sign up, log into the portal and there you get the exact shipping cost, basically prepare and enter the description of contents/value/name/address/weight/dimensions of the package yourself. It's like Canada Post online system but better because if you don't have a label printer, you can go there and print it out for free. I only shipped with them a few times, but each time it was half the price as if I was using Canada Post (yes I went to post office for actual shipping cost, also UPS, Fedex, etc).

I haven't tried Chit Chat, thanks for the heads up I'll compare price with them next time. I guess whoever has the higher volume will have lower price.
Jan 5, 2007
253 posts
98 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 10:19 am
I haven't used ChitChats for probably about 2 years. I was a bit fed up with the strictness at the time. 4pm cut off, I would feel pressured to hurry to get my packages out. The Stamps.com server would sometimes crash and coming from out of town this meant a big waste of time. They were paranoid about the 800USD limit, I was asked to provide a record with price when I was approaching $400. Once I was over $800USD by less than $20USD. They wanted me to split up the package and have them ship one the next day (it was 2 large flat items in a diy multilayer box and I did my best to make it as secure as possible). Ended up having to partially refund the sale to get me under $800USD. Then of course I had to prove with documentation.

Maybe things have changed, they probably have. But I feel like I was saving more money after going with CBP. You would need to run comparisons yourself I think best pricing can vary based on your package size and destination.
Jul 14, 2013
508 posts
70 upvotes
According to USPS tracking, my package arrived at the Niagara location this morning. How long does it take for it to show on the portal or CBP to notify me?
May 31, 2008
577 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
n0thing wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 6:04 pm
According to USPS tracking, my package arrived at the Niagara location this morning. How long does it take for it to show on the portal or CBP to notify me?
usually within 24 hours
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9535 posts
1290 upvotes
Just wanted to clarify, i'm a newbie. So if I order something from, say a Amazon.com, I would put the "virtual US address" in. Package would arrive at the US office of CBP, they would bring it across the border for me to pick it up at either Markham or Mississauga.

How do I determine how much duties/taxes, etc.... ? Any chance of lost packages? Wat would I do if CBP lost my package?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Sep 18, 2004
609 posts
116 upvotes
Does the $150 tariff rule that came out in October apply to Crossborderpickups somehow?
Jan 19, 2007
24 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Received an email from USPS this morning regarding a package delivery to the Niagara Falls address. It reads " Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location ".

Anyone else experience this?
Jan 5, 2007
253 posts
98 upvotes
golfer99999 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 2:41 pm
Received an email from USPS this morning regarding a package delivery to the Niagara Falls address. It reads " Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location ".

Anyone else experience this?
Yes, I've had this a couple times. They usually reattempt delivery on a week day.
Oct 1, 2010
4 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Question for those who've used CBP multiple times:
- Do you always pay the "estimated duties and taxes" on their page or is it the luck of the draw--sometimes you pay, sometimes not, depending on what customs decides?
- And related to that, do they provide an invoice of the actual duties and taxes paid on your behalf? --This would serve as proof that they did pay for whatever duties/taxes they're passing on to you.
Forgive me if this has been answered before. Thanks