None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3455 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
golfer99999 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 2:41 pm
Received an email from USPS this morning regarding a package delivery to the Niagara Falls address. It reads " Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location ".
Anyone else experience this?
My first time using them and got this as well today. Delivery attempt at 12:14 PM.
It was Monday Dec 24. Closed for lunch? Closed early for Xmas? Who knows?

The banner on their website reads:
Our holiday hours and shipping schedules are as follows: Monday, Dec. 24 – 10 am – 1 pm
Not impressed.
If you are getting different credit scores from different sources please post them here:
Comparing the consumer accessible credit scores
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7427 posts
2664 upvotes
Markham
ROYinTO wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:16 pm
My first time using them and got this as well today. Delivery attempt at 12:14 PM.
It was Monday Dec 24. Closed for lunch? Closed early for Xmas? Who knows?

The banner on their website reads:
Our holiday hours and shipping schedules are as follows: Monday, Dec. 24 – 10 am – 1 pm
Not impressed.
No worries, the carrier will usually try again. I had this happen and all worked out. don't trust necessarily what USPS says BTW when it says attempt at 12:14pm.

I've used their service twice in the last month or so and I found overall everything was great.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3455 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:25 pm
No worries, the carrier will usually try again. I had this happen and all worked out. don't trust necessarily what USPS says ...
Thanks @gr8dlr
I hear you on the USPS tracking times, some of the times look a little out of whack. I'm thinking USPS might be posting a "reported to system" time rather than "actual event" time. If that makes any sense.
e.g. Kalamazoo MI to Pittsburgh PA in 1 hr & 15 min - USPS must of had a plane waiting on the runway. Which is unlikely.
I can only hope that they are there for the 2nd attempt - I would hate to see my item returned as non deliverable. It took me a while to find it (out of print book) and the seller does not ship to Canada. My Amerifriend that usually forwards things for me is on vacation in the south. So I thought I would give CrossBorder Pickup a try.

So when they ask for an invoice do they want pricing in USD or what I was charged in CAD? With or without shipping? Do they just want the numbers or a scan of the invoice?
If you are getting different credit scores from different sources please post them here:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7427 posts
2664 upvotes
Markham
ROYinTO wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 3:59 pm
Thanks @gr8dlr
I hear you on the USPS tracking times, some of the times look a little out of whack. I'm thinking USPS might be posting a "reported to system" time rather than "actual event" time. If that makes any sense.
e.g. Kalamazoo MI to Pittsburgh PA in 1 hr & 15 min - USPS must of had a plane waiting on the runway. Which is unlikely.
I can only hope that they are there for the 2nd attempt - I would hate to see my item returned as non deliverable. It took me a while to find it (out of print book) and the seller does not ship to Canada. My Amerifriend that usually forwards things for me is on vacation in the south. So I thought I would give CrossBorder Pickup a try.

So when they ask for an invoice do they want pricing in USD or what I was charged in CAD? With or without shipping? Do they just want the numbers or a scan of the invoice?
When they receive the item, they will notify you and ask the USD value. If you're going to pick up your product n Mississauga or Markham, put your preferred pick up location on the website.

They didn't as ask for invoice. I did not include shipping cost in the value.

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3455 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 9:56 pm
When they receive the item, they will notify you and ask the USD value.
They sent me an email today saying they received something from a seller I know nothing about.
I'll have to check my other computer in the AM to verify the tracking # for my order. The one they sent for the item they received looks way too long.

On edit: It is likely my item that I bought through Amazon.com Amazon sent me a 22 digit tracking # that worked through USPS. When I put in the 30 digit tracking # provided by CrossBorder (the last 22 digits matched) tracking comes up the same. I am somewhat confused over the Seller though - will have to do some internet sleuthing when the item arrives.
And yes CB Pickup asked the USD value. Their process is a bit confusing the first time through. It would be nice if you could upload the info (tracking #, value etc.) once the package was shipped.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3455 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up my item today in Mrs. Auga. Walked in, showed them the email they sent, paid and was out the door in a couple of minutes. That included them answering a few of my newbie questions. So far it was a good experience once you get through learning their system.

The only thing missing was a receipt of any sort. I don't know if that has anything to do with having a personal account vs a business one. Or if I have to ask for one.

I leant a couple of things from @gr8dlr: your item on their website will disappear after they process/ship it, or if multi items once the "consolidated" items go through their system. Their email notifications for pickup usually come in late in the day or in the evening.

In the meantime, I took advantage of the 15% off ebay coupon posted on RFD the other day. Shipping international to Canada via ebay with import charges was estimated @ >$25 USD. I estimate it will be <$20 CAD to come through CrossBorder Pickup. Many sellers on ebay.com will ship free to the USA. That said, I see the real value in consolidating your shipments. I'll post the results when the item comes in.
Jul 31, 2018
40 posts
26 upvotes
I have a package delivered to CBP US location at 9am on Friday. Why is that I haven’t received any notification from them so far (Saturday)? How long does it take for the package info to show up on the website?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7427 posts
2664 upvotes
Markham
yughred wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 4:56 pm
I have a package delivered to CBP US location at 9am on Friday. Why is that I haven’t received any notification from them so far (Saturday)? How long does it take for the package info to show up on the website?
Even though the carrier says it was delivered, it doesn't necessarily mean it was delivered. Patience is the key.

Any update on the package?

Jul 31, 2018
40 posts
26 upvotes
I’m pretty sure it was delivered, as on the tracking website, they showed the name of the person who signed it and they left it at “dock”. I suspect that due to the high volume in packages after shopping season, they can’t handle that many packages in a day so they just left the unprocessed ones in warehouse. I’ll wait until Monday to see if I will receive the email. If not, I’ll contact them. The package contains an item of significant value (~$1400) and is highly sought after (a graphic card) so I’ll keep a close eye to it.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21292 posts
2115 upvotes
Had a package delivered 4pm Fri and was checked into the US by noon Monday. The tariff was correctly identified and once I entered the value, the MFN exemption was correctly applied.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5493 posts
1205 upvotes
GTA
Airbum88 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:04 am
Does the $150 tariff rule that came out in October apply to Crossborderpickups somehow?
Curious about this too.

Ordered some made-in-USA apparels just to see if I get hit.
Jul 14, 2013
584 posts
106 upvotes
When CBP asks for the item value, it doesn't let me choose the item origin?

Also, got a notice from Stallion Express that they'll be implementing USA to Canada shipping as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5493 posts
1205 upvotes
GTA
n0thing wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:14 pm
When CBP asks for the item value, it doesn't let me choose the item origin?

Also, got a notice from Stallion Express that they'll be implementing USA to Canada shipping as well.
Got dinged by 13% duties and 15% HST!!?!?!?!

https://www.crossbordershopping.ca/duty ... -and-taxes

First, no option to chose country of origin.

Secondly, the products are certainly incorrectedly identified. This makes me thing they don't even look at the labels on the product to input correctly.

Third, the duty and tax rates are all off.

WTF?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2457 posts
561 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:58 pm
Got dinged by 13% duties and 15% HST!!?!?!?!

https://www.crossbordershopping.ca/duty ... -and-taxes

First, no option to chose country of origin.

Secondly, the products are certainly incorrectedly identified. This makes me thing they don't even look at the labels on the product to input correctly.

Third, the duty and tax rates are all off.

WTF?
Email or call their customer service and explain your situation. I've had similar issues with that in the past and they were able to help me correct them. I was even processing a return through them and initially they charged me taxes, but waived it once they understood that they messed up.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5493 posts
1205 upvotes
GTA
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:19 pm
Email or call their customer service and explain your situation. I've had similar issues with that in the past and they were able to help me correct them. I was even processing a return through them and initially they charged me taxes, but waived it once they understood that they messed up.
Yea they miscategorized the title and led to higher duty bracket.

It worked out to the same as if buying directly from US seller, but faster and simpler.