Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
BHA1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 7:23 pm
This is a required usps form and quite common in the US.

Mail can be delivered only to the person it is addressed to, and nobody else. If you want an “agent” to receive your mail, they need this form filled out. Simple as that

According to USPS they will only deliver your parcel to CBP if it is your residence or place of work. Otherwise CBP needs the form filled out.

Lots of US parcel receivers have required this form for years like CBI. I was actually surprised that CBP never asked for it!
How will USPS know that it's not your place of work? I have a friend who orders from Amazon Canada and he only have his nickname on the delivery. I don't know about USPS though.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7479 posts
2693 upvotes
Markham
yuan23 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 6:52 am
How will USPS know that it's not your place of work? I have a friend who orders from Amazon Canada and he only have his nickname on the delivery. I don't know about USPS though.
Very simple folks, we may not like it but if you want to use these services, they're going to enforce requirement of form on file or I don't know but you may not want to deal with rejected packages and having things reshipped.

You're dealing with simple employees so don't give them a hard time.... They're just the messenger.

If you don't want to give info, don't use the service.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 1:40 pm
Very simple folks, we may not like it but if you want to use these services, they're going to enforce requirement of form on file or I don't know but you may not want to deal with rejected packages and having things reshipped.

You're dealing with simple employees so don't give them a hard time.... They're just the messenger.

If you don't want to give info, don't use the service.
Me personally I don't mind about the form. I was just curious about how they will know that it's not my workplace and refuse to deliver the package. And I just signed up and shipped my item to the Niagara Location but I never received an email regarding this rule so I'm not sure if my item will be delivered now. I tracked the package and it's out for delivery. CBP location is closed now and haven't filled out a form yet.
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
So I ordered 2 items from Amazon US and it was out for delivery today. Until 11pm it was out for delivery and then after that, tracking says “awaiting delivery scan”. Anyone have experienced it before? I don’t know if CBP received my package or not or maybe I need to wait more.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9971 posts
7255 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sackboy82 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 5:13 pm
Are there any alternatives to CBP that offer a similar service?
Yes.

There are NUMEROUS Parcel Recieving Cos all over America (simple example UPS). Where one can go pick up their pkg / goods, and then self clear Canada Customs by driving the pkg across the Border.

But there are only a few Cos that also do a PUSH of items “dropped” into the USA Parcel Drop onto Canada acting as the Freight Forwarder ... most convenient in cases where Cdns don’t necessarily live right near the border, so driving across to pick up an item / parcel is not easy

I see you are relatively new to RFD, and you have no Locator in your Profile ... so hard to tell where in Canada you live. Tell us that, and if you are looking for just a drop service... or if you are looking for the PUSH benefit as well.

PS... updating your RFD Profile is easy enough. Pick your location, nearby big city, or Province / Region. Cause having it visible will def8nitely Save you a lot of unnecessary back & forth / explaining stuff in the future. Getting you more accurate info for your circumstance the first time
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7479 posts
2693 upvotes
Markham
PointsHubby wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 3:18 am
Yes.

There are NUMEROUS Parcel Recieving Cos all over America (simple example UPS). Where one can go pick up their pkg / goods, and then self clear Canada Customs by driving the pkg across the Border.

But there are only a few Cos that also do a PUSH of items “dropped” into the USA Parcel Drop onto Canada acting as the Freight Forwarder ... most convenient in cases where Cdns don’t necessarily live right near the border, so driving across to pick up an item / parcel is not easy

I see you are relatively new to RFD, and you have no Locator in your Profile ... so hard to tell where in Canada you live. Tell us that, and if you are looking for just a drop service... or if you are looking for the PUSH benefit as well.

PS... updating your RFD Profile is easy enough. Pick your location, nearby big city, or Province / Region. Cause having it visible will def8nitely Save you a lot of unnecessary back & forth / explaining stuff in the future. Getting you more accurate info for your circumstance the first time
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
+1

Ppl need to include location in their question posts of regent if they aren't going to put it into their profile. I hate telling them that.

RFD should force inputting something when they register because likely people just bypass it.

Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
I called CBP today and the employee said the form can be signed when you come pick up your item at their location. It won’t delay the shipment and there’s no need to go there just to sign the form, you can just sign it when your item arrives. Good to know ‘cause it saves me one trip at their location.
Sep 4, 2007
897 posts
306 upvotes
I have 3 packages that I consolidated into into 1 shipment and they were a 1 x Light ($5), 1 x Regular($7) and 1 x Large ($12)
They are trying to charge me $36 for their fee which would mean they're charging me 3xLarge, has this been the case for you guys??

I'm not impressed with their service so far. They've been slow in processing the item in their US warehouse (4 business days) and their communication has been average at best. The Light item is just a few metal brackets no bigger than my thumb, if they're really thinking of charging a Light item as Large then it'll be the one and only time I'm using them
Feb 6, 2013
525 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
BHA1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 7:23 pm
This is a required usps form and quite common in the US.
Mail can be delivered only to the person it is addressed to, and nobody else. If you want an “agent” to receive your mail, they need this form filled out. Simple as that
According to USPS they will only deliver your parcel to CBP if it is your residence or place of work. Otherwise CBP needs the form filled out.
Lots of US parcel receivers have required this form for years like CBI. I was actually surprised that CBP never asked for it!
You completely fail to understand my point... You're just regurgitating what's been fed to you.
"Mail can be delivered only to the person it is addressed to, and nobody else." EXACTLY. It is addressed to that office in Niagara Falls. Simple as that.

"According to USPS they will only deliver your parcel to CBP if it is your residence or place of work."
Again, that's ridiculous because you can send a package anywhere the hell you want, to yourself, to a friend, to a stranger, even to a stranger's pet lizard, as long as they have a valid mailing address.

As far as U.S. Mail is concerned, I don't want an "agent" to receive my mail. I want to send the package to address I entered. That's it.
This is why I'm questioning the scope of the form.
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
I went to pickup my items last Friday and they didn’t ask me to sign anything. Like it’s not a big deal so I think you don’t really need to sign the form. For now. But maybe by the end of this year they will start to implement this.
Feb 1, 2019
53 posts
10 upvotes
All the RFD people lives in Ontario & BC/US border are so Sooo lucky, I'm in Alberta, the last time I did cross-border shopping was I visited friends in Vancouver we drove to Seattle (they wanted to drive to Oregon for No Tax) but I'm happy in Washington!! Retailer told me AB has an agreement with Washington for No Taxes.

My friend travels with his company to US, he told me he paid for PO Box across the border and drive from Van across Customs to pick up. Despite the currency conversion, many things cost less in US than Canada, they offered more discounts. I wanted these uniball Pens (it's only available in US or Japan) and Amazon has it for $25 for 5 pens, its costs $1.25 ea in US.
Nov 5, 2012
331 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
For some items in the US it is really worth it even after the currency conversion. I bought an item for $29, here in Canada it’s 99.99-149.99+tax.

And most of the items are free shipping in the US. Only problem will be the returns. I want to return an item, I don’t know how to proceed. It’s UPS drop off. If I go through CBP, they will go drop off my package to UPS?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7479 posts
2693 upvotes
Markham
FrostyBytes wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 11:39 am
All the RFD people lives in Ontario & BC/US border are so Sooo lucky, I'm in Alberta, the last time I did cross-border shopping was I visited friends in Vancouver we drove to Seattle (they wanted to drive to Oregon for No Tax) but I'm happy in Washington!! Retailer told me AB has an agreement with Washington for No Taxes.

My friend travels with his company to US, he told me he paid for PO Box across the border and drive from Van across Customs to pick up. Despite the currency conversion, many things cost less in US than Canada, they offered more discounts. I wanted these uniball Pens (it's only available in US or Japan) and Amazon has it for $25 for 5 pens, its costs $1.25 ea in US.
You can buy those gel pens from Aliexpress for very cheap.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7479 posts
2693 upvotes
Markham
yuan23 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 12:19 pm
For some items in the US it is really worth it even after the currency conversion. I bought an item for $29, here in Canada it’s 99.99-149.99+tax.

And most of the items are free shipping in the US. Only problem will be the returns. I want to return an item, I don’t know how to proceed. It’s UPS drop off. If I go through CBP, they will go drop off my package to UPS?
CBP has shipping to US service as well. Check their pricing when needed. You can also use ChitChat for shipping to US. Basically the cost is USPS rate plus very small fee to CBP/ChitChat.

Depending on what you're buying, if it was a very good deal vs Cdn pricing, you can try and resell the item on RFD (first choice) or Kijiji if you want to avoid hassle of returning. Who knows you may even make a few bucks.