Shopping Discussion

Anyone try CrossBorderPickup?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Mar 28, 2006
111 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
I just picked up my first package from them today. I was a little worried since there were no reviews about them but it turned out great. They received my package at their US location yesterday and just this morning I received a notification to pick it up. I appreciate the quick and friendly service at the pickup location. I paid about $17 for duties and their service fee.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 23, 2010
988 posts
88 upvotes
tdeem1 wrote:
May 19th, 2015 8:08 pm
one thing to be aware of is that most businesses want your Credit Card address to be the same as your shipping address. You can add an address to your credit card, but it is a PITA to keep changing it every time you want to switch, and order something for home delivery.
never had that problem

in fact most online retailers ask for both addresses mailing and billing separately, idk why they would do that if they expect them to be the same
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
6063 posts
436 upvotes
TO
I'm interested in CBP but the users above and their low posts I'm not sure if they work for the company ;)
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
Newbie
May 3, 2011
25 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Jun 13th, 2015 2:18 pm
I'm interested in CBP but the users above and their low posts I'm not sure if they work for the company ;)
Like I said in a diff thread if you truly don't believe what people have been saying feel free to visit their actual location. I was skeptical as well which is why I purchased a low value item from amazon with free shipping to test them out. But they are legit, usually I don't post on RFD only lurk but I decided to in this case because my experience with the owner was pleasant. However the internet is anonymous and given my low post count, I could very well be a shill. So for the truly skeptical an IRL visit is what I would prescribe. The location they are in isn't even shady it was just a normal warehouse district in Miss. so there is no risk in finding out the truth for yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1735 posts
935 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
TorontoEh wrote:
Jun 13th, 2015 2:18 pm
I'm interested in CBP but the users above and their low posts I'm not sure if they work for the company ;)
If it helps, this company has existed for less than a year and that guy with 9 posts joined over 4 years ago.
Banned
Mar 28, 2006
111 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
nmclean wrote:
Jun 15th, 2015 8:25 am
If it helps, this company has existed for less than a year and that guy with 9 posts joined over 4 years ago.
+1 I didn't join 9 years ago to be a shill for this company.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19202 posts
5477 upvotes
nmclean wrote:
Jun 15th, 2015 8:25 am
If it helps, this company has existed for less than a year and that guy with 9 posts joined over 4 years ago.
What? A guy can't use his old account to shill his new business?
Not all shills sign up for a brand new account.

Not saying that he is a shill but account age doesn't mean squat.
Hell there's some places you can buy old accounts to add legitimacy.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1735 posts
935 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
death_hawk wrote:
Jun 15th, 2015 2:52 pm
What? A guy can't use his old account to shill his new business?
Not all shills sign up for a brand new account.

Not saying that he is a shill but account age doesn't mean squat.
Hell there's some places you can buy old accounts to add legitimacy.
So just because it doesn't definitely prove something, you say it "doesn't mean squat"? Okay, fine, two can play at that: the fact that he has only a few posts and supports the company doesn't mean squat either. Yet here we are.

I'm just pointing out another piece of information for consideration. In my opinion, the likelihood of existing members actually trying the service outweighs the likelihood of the entrepreneur happening to have been an existing member and/or members selling their accounts to a startup. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 2, 2008
63 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
nmclean wrote:
Jun 16th, 2015 9:52 am
So just because it doesn't definitely prove something, you say it "doesn't mean squat"? Okay, fine, two can play at that: the fact that he has only a few posts and supports the company doesn't mean squat either. Yet here we are.

I'm just pointing out another piece of information for consideration. In my opinion, the likelihood of existing members actually trying the service outweighs the likelihood of the entrepreneur happening to have been an existing member and/or members selling their accounts to a startup. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.


Sounds like a great deal.....and the one of the best deals I can find that have this service on the web without having to cross the border to pickup stuff
So anyone else also used this other than 2 low post accounts on all of RFD? No offense, if its good and reputable, I'm sure everyone is using it...or eventually

Don't have enough confidence to use this yet as I'm planning to ship some stuff

Hope some more pple that have used this can share their experiences
Member
May 12, 2008
430 posts
14 upvotes
So where are their Canadian locations that you can pick up from? Someone in this thread mentioned Mississauga I think but that's a bit of a drive for me.
Banned
Mar 28, 2006
111 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
Odd I/O wrote:
Jun 28th, 2015 3:02 am
So where are their Canadian locations that you can pick up from? Someone in this thread mentioned Mississauga I think but that's a bit of a drive for me.
Their only location is in Mississauga but I guess it beats driving across the border.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4022 posts
33 upvotes
Hamilton
Well I'm giving this a shot to see how it works out.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1877 posts
75 upvotes
I'm giving them a shot as well. I have a package ready for pick up, so I'll see how it goes later this week. $35 in duties, taxes, and fees. They were pretty quick with communications processing the package. Tracking seem decent.

The only thing is when using this service, guaranteed 100% you will have to pay 6.1% duties + taxes. If you get it shipped via USPS, I find that 75% of the time, I'm not charged duties or taxes at all. And if i do get charged via USPS, it's usually only the taxes... no duties even if product is from outside nafta. So this really reduces the savings vs. getting it shipped to your door. probably works well if seller only uses UPS/Fedex/Ebay Global Shipping... If USPS, it may end up very close in terms of savings depending on your luck.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5153 posts
676 upvotes
South of Ottawa
ElvaSoShexai wrote:
Jun 28th, 2015 8:34 pm
I'm giving them a shot as well. I have a package ready for pick up, so I'll see how it goes later this week. $35 in duties, taxes, and fees. They were pretty quick with communications processing the package. Tracking seem decent.

The only thing is when using this service, guaranteed 100% you will have to pay 6.1% duties + taxes. If you get it shipped via USPS, I find that 75% of the time, I'm not charged duties or taxes at all. And if i do get charged via USPS, it's usually only the taxes... no duties even if product is from outside nafta. So this really reduces the savings vs. getting it shipped to your door. probably works well if seller only uses UPS/Fedex/Ebay Global Shipping... If USPS, it may end up very close in terms of savings depending on your luck.
Why would you have to pay 6.1% duty on everything? And just because something is made outside of North America doesn't necessarily mean duties are levied.


For the skeptics in here, while I have never used this service, myusaddress has the same service out of Ogdensburg called push it north. Not sure where all the paranoia is coming from; these are legit businesses and operate as freight forwarding companies.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1877 posts
75 upvotes
Beachdown wrote:
Jun 28th, 2015 8:48 pm
Why would you have to pay 6.1% duty on everything? And just because something is made outside of North America doesn't necessarily mean duties are levied.


For the skeptics in here, while I have never used this service, myusaddress has the same service out of Ogdensburg called push it north. Not sure where all the paranoia is coming from; these are legit businesses and operate as freight forwarding companies.
You're right, I should have been more clear about the duties. You don't have to pay duties for everything, but for anything that does qualify, you will for sure be charged for it.

My point was that the savings may not be as great after you factor in the fact that you will 100% be charged all taxes / duties using this service. Nothing wrong with that as it should be expected. Just that if you have it shipped directly via USPS, it's not guaranteed and you may luck out. I've also tried services like CBI where you bring things back yourself, and on the few occasions I have used it, when crossing back over the border in person, they only ever charge taxes, no duties. So for a high dollar amount of items, the duties may add up.

Top