Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1571 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario

Anyone use an activity tracker?

Something like the Fitbit, Jawbone or Nike? They track the number of steps you take, heart rate and sleep pattern. I don't do much cardio, only weight training. Wondering if anyone has used these before.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
Ducky wrote: My wife does. .. the fitbit...

It's pretty Good. ..
Ditto. I don't use one myself but she loves to see the numbers.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1722 posts
90 upvotes
Barrie
I just got a fitbit last week and I'm loving it. I got the flex. If nothing else it's unbelievably motivating, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
Recently sold my old fitbit ultra (1st gen tracker) for chump change. Definitely helped me stay motivated!'
Looking to see what the future has in store though.
Hoping to see a modest GPS watch that integrates a pedometer/activity tracker. Garmin is about to release the FR15. That might be decent. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Fitbit is useless for anything other than walking/running & sleeping. It does not track other work outs.
Be Happy
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
Fitbit does not track heart rate also. Just an FYI.
Be Happy
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
jaszy wrote: Recently sold my old fitbit ultra (1st gen tracker) for chump change. Definitely helped me stay motivated!'
Looking to see what the future has in store though.
Hoping to see a modest GPS watch that integrates a pedometer/activity tracker. Garmin is about to release the FR15. That might be decent. ;)
Just a guess but given the current life span of farming watches and the amount that tracks it will either die after 4-5 hours or weight half a pound. I know the girls gps watches last her two half stops before needing a recharge.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1519 posts
134 upvotes
Downtown
I use jawbone up, i think its the most comfortable fitness tracker to wear
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Ducky wrote: My wife does. .. the fitbit...

It's pretty Good. ..
Has she noticed any results since incorporating the fitbit into her fitness routine?
Apr 1, 2013
523 posts
119 upvotes
Ontario
Fitbit. Great customer service if you lost it.
Dec 10, 2007
323 posts
42 upvotes
toronto
I have a fitbit but after like a week I just kind of wear it just cause, the numers don't mean that much to me other than the sleep tracker. The step count seems cool at first but I read from somewhere that the calibration is pretty bad, this one guy and his wife bought a pair and the guy wore them both after noticing a big discrepancy between their units. His wife had like 2k steps above his when they wore them separate and did things together for a whole day, and when he had them both on the same hand the step counter was way off again.

For me personally, sometimes I'll be sitting on the bus/subway and it vibrates because I've just hit my "step goal". Even funnier sometimes my hand with the fitbit isn't moving at all and it dings me cause I've just hit the step goal. Not sure how accurate it is but if it makes you feel better seeing a lot of steps even if its inflated, not a huge downside to it.