None
Feb 8, 2003
131 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Anyone used Auto Glass Canada?

Hey anyone use them before??

http://autoglasscanada.com/

I just called for a quote and it was lower than APple AUtoglass....... so now i am interestd in using them.. but i can't find any reviews of these guys... anyoen???
23 replies
Jun 17, 2003
565 posts
22 upvotes
East York
I had a bad experience with these guys. My situation was a crack in my windshield - not a stone chip, but a 5-6 inch crack that extended up from the bottom of my windshield (no idea how it got there). They claim they can fix such things, even say they are the only ones in Canada who can do this. (see on their site - up to 10" long "Guarated not to sprad" - terrible spelling!).

So they came (not in the impressive van shown on their site) and tried to deal with it. I came back out of my office, and frankly things looked worse - a whole drilled, and the crack looked possibly worse. Told me it was done and wouldn't spread any more. Promised me it was guaranteed. So I paid $80 for it. Within a day it was spreading.

So I called them back. Turned out the "guarantee" was that I could put the money spent on my crack repair towards a full replacement of my windshield. So I got the price from them to replace my windshield, and was going to just do it, but decided it would be best to check around first. I found that if I subtracted $80 from their price to replace my windshield, I got a price roughly equivalent to the cost I was quoted by several other reputable windshield companies in the Mississauga, Brampton area. This really left a bad taste in my mouth. Call me paranoid, but I felt like they knew they couldn't fix the long crack in my windshield (why are they the only ones in Canada claiming to be able to fix such cracks??), and that they knew once money was given over, people would probably just accept their offer to put the money from the so called "crack repair" towards a windshield replacement with them. That was my gut feeling. In the end I decided it would be better to go with a reputable name brand company than risk what I felt was fishy, and possibly end up with an even bigger, more expensive problem on my hand - a potentially poorly installed windshield. That's my experience - paranoid and frustrated as it may seem! :confused: They may be fine, but I wasn't going to risk it after my unimpressive experience with them.

I ended up calling Speedy and their price was the best quote. They even called to cancel an appointment because they didn't want to install when the weather is too cold (they come to your workplace and do it on-site - i.e. outdoors).

ptsun wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 4:22 pm

I just called for a quote and it was lower than APple AUtoglass....... so now i am interestd in using them.. but i can't find any reviews of these guys... anyoen???
Jan 31, 2005
699 posts
2 upvotes
Ilovedeals - I had a VERY SIMILAR experience but with APPLE AUTOGLASS - BRIMLEY AND SHEPPARD

my crack/chip was only as big as a penny in length
I went, they said they could fix it so I let them and told them to patch another small chip while they were at it for like $100 i think..(2nd chip was much cheaper so it was worth it)

after it was done, i drove for about 5mins then the main chip started to get even bigger!! oh man, those guys are pure rip off's
I came back and confronted them - their best price for a new replacement was like $300 something I think

so i just found another private small shop and they did it for much cheaper even with appleAG's credit of $100
[OP]
Feb 8, 2003
131 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hmm. interesting. wow. i have decided to try speedy autoglass instead.. they're price is 'similiar'... and just seems more reputable!!!

i am actually getting a replacement...!
Jun 17, 2003
565 posts
22 upvotes
East York
Wow. Very interesting. Maybe we should lodge compaints on the Better Business Bureau site site that they are registered with?! (Link is on their site - need to searchtheir company name to find their BBB listing).

LL29 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2006 2:14 am
Ilovedeals - I had a VERY SIMILAR experience but with APPLE AUTOGLASS - BRIMLEY AND SHEPPARD

my crack/chip was only as big as a penny in length
I went, they said they could fix it so I let them and told them to patch another small chip while they were at it for like $100 i think..(2nd chip was much cheaper so it was worth it)

after it was done, i drove for about 5mins then the main chip started to get even bigger!! oh man, those guys are pure rip off's
I came back and confronted them - their best price for a new replacement was like $300 something I think

so i just found another private small shop and they did it for much cheaper even with appleAG's credit of $100
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
So while we're at it, can anyone recommend a good place to repair a chip? And how much do they normally charge?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7758 posts
151 upvotes
i got my stone chip done at a autoglass place on pharmacy north of steeles in markham the shop owner was really nice and he charged me only $25 and i didnt spread
Dec 23, 2001
489 posts
7 upvotes
ON
Where are these places that you guys have mentioned for getting decent complete windshield replacements? I have an 8" crack on one side and a pretty good rock smash on the other. It's an old car, but I consider those to be a safety hazard. Anyone know of a cheap place? And what's "Cheap"? Back home there was a place that would do a complete replacement for just over $100. Unfortunately I won't be headed in that direction any time soon.
.: Invincible Out :.
.: Heat 159-0-0 :.
Nov 26, 2006
3 posts
[PHP][/PHP]This company was recomended by my co- worker,who done 6 " crack on his 2005 infinty G35 with in 3 month after he bought the car. He called most auto glass companies in Toronto,but every one quote for the replacement the lowest cost is $ 675.00.Auto glass canada is the only company said it can be repairable with the gurantee,still able to see a hair line crack onlywith the cost of $85.00.Co- worker was very upset his insurance deductble is $1000.He took a chance to repair the crack :-0 he was very happy with the service he cannot able to see the crack from outside,he was driving the car almost a year no change in the repaired crack since that day.This is my own experience and I used this compay 7 month ago for the replacement on vw jetta.They did great job .Three weeks ago I got a stone chip on my way to work at QEW.2 days later it spreaded in to 3inches.I call this guys to fix for me and the mobile guy came and fixed it.It looks like my co worker's crack repair. I asked the guy how much? he said it is free of charge because it cover under your warrenty :cool: ...............
other co-workers also use thier service.Every one is satisfied with there service and warrenty.
Nov 26, 2006
3 posts
ptsun wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 4:22 pm

WE KNOW THEM LOWER PRICE THAN APPLE & SPEEDY THEY ARE BETTER BUSINES BURE MEMBER NO COMPLAIN :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2475 posts
135 upvotes
North Etobicoke
WHAT ?

chanth wrote:
Nov 27th, 2006 3:39 pm

WE KNOW THEM LOWER PRICE THAN APPLE & SPEEDY THEY ARE BETTER BUSINES BURE MEMBER NO COMPLAIN :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2004
1914 posts
If the chip is a size of a loonie, chances are it can not be fixed, or your better off replacing the whole thing.

There is a place is Scarbo, called AMG auto glass, they have little huts set up in a few Canadian Tires parking lots (the huts repairs chips, so you can bring the car to them and let them check it out). Get their number by calling the auto centre at the Shepperd and Leslie CT. Get a quote and make an apointment on the phone, I got mine replaced on a 98 Honday CRV, it cost $245 + tax, done in 2 hrs (bring a book) and has a lifetime warranty on leaks and 1 free stone chip repair. Excellent work and price. I called several places, your not going to beat this price.
Nov 26, 2006
3 posts
veryhuman wrote:
Nov 27th, 2006 5:34 pm
If the chip is a size of a loonie, chances are it can not be fixed, or your better off replacing the whole thing.

There is a place is Scarbo, called AMG auto glass, they have little huts set up in a few Canadian Tires parking lots (the huts repairs chips, so you can bring the car to them and let them check it out). Get their number by calling the auto centre at the Shepperd and Leslie CT. Get a quote and make an apointment on the phone, I got mine replaced on a 98 Honday CRV, it cost $245 + tax, done in 2 hrs (bring a book) and has a lifetime warranty on leaks and 1 free stone chip repair. Excellent work and price. I called several places, your not going to beat this price.
98 Hounda crv at auto glass canada OEM Part $225.00 plus life time gurantee plus 0ne year stone chip repair free + free mobile sevice call them at 1-877-452-7780 :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1339 posts
12 upvotes
hightech wrote:
Mar 8th, 2008 7:02 am
This guy is promoting his own store. Visit http://www.bbbmwo.ca/commonreport.html?bid=1136709 and you will see the following info:

Original Business Start Date: January 1997
Principal: Mr. Chanth Rajah, Owner
Email Address: chanth00@gmail.com

I suggest staying clear of this guy.
I would be suspicious of any business that uses a gmail (or yahoo) account.
× < >