anyone used the h2o vac (water vacuum)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2006 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
May 18, 2005
150 posts

anyone used the h2o vac (water vacuum)

i was watching this infomercial on this h2o vac by thane, it looked quite cool, uses water to trap dust, dirt etc. and i thought it'd be a great bday gift for my mom cus the vacuum we got right now, u can smell this nasty smell of dust whenever we turn it on.

so i ordered and the total came to CAD 350 (taxes and s&h in) something for 2 of those h2o vacs.

just would like some of ya opinions. :) thnx
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
Hmmmmm.....Infomercial.......hmmmmmmm. Interested to hear if anyone else owns this thing.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
3393 posts
Saskatoon, SK
My mom used to have one...she swears up and down it's terrible and all it does is make a mess.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
165 upvotes
buying a vacuum for your mom's birthday isnt a good idea..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
I owned a water vacuum before.. it worked good but was a real pain to clean out each time you vacuum.

After a few years, I got rid of it. Too much hassle... dirty job cleaning it out too.

It honestly did seem to keep less particulate out of the air though.
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
May 18, 2005
150 posts
hi guys thnx 4 the input, water vac hard to clean? dont you just get rid of the dirty water from the container and that's it?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
'[d wrote:ealer[o]f[t]he[f]uture']hi guys thnx 4 the input, water vac hard to clean? dont you just get rid of the dirty water from the container and that's it?
I'm not sure about the model you're looking at, but ours you filled the container up with water BEFORE vacuuming.. then once done, you had to dump out the crap, which is full of crap.. it's not just dirty water, it's chunky dirty water with a lot of hair in it, it's a pain to rinse out.

Then if you don't take precautions like filtering out the gunk, it might get stuck in your sink. The water stinks and is nasty.. it's not a fun thing to do everytime you vacuum.

Plus, over the years I found the water started getting corrosive on metallic points.. we had a filter queen vacuum and actually traded the water vacuum in for a refurbished filter queen again.

In any event, your h2o vacuum could be completely different. But that was my experience.
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
nano wrote:buying a vacuum for your mom's birthday isnt a good idea..
Throw in a new apron and oven mitts as well :cheesygri
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
ooh! ooh! I know! Get her a toilet brush! lol
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1117 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga
I believe it cleans better ,be carefull do not get eletric shock