Anyone waiting for their A7 iii?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2018 4:20 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3814 posts
383 upvotes
accommodating the new Z battery means the potentially new crop body will also be heavier/bigger
I just took the a6500 on an overnight camping trip in the Grand Canyon
a single battery lasted me until I was 20 min on the hike out and that's including two time-lapses. Sure if I did video I certainly would've tapped into most of that spare battery too
IMO they should keep the W battery for crop...but Z battery for a7/a9 series

until they come out with A7SIII, the a6500 is still a good buy acting as a baby A7S II...and playmemory apps is very important to me in a lightweight package
I didn't even bring a camera bag on this trip...no secondary lenses either..just a spare battery that's it
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3818 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
I've been on a list since early May. Brutal.

Apparently the next round of stock is not until July 15th
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2817 posts
51 upvotes
Markham
OH man that's brutal.

I put a deposit with Aden Camera.

Henrys didn't take deposit so who knows if that whole list can cough up $4000 on demand. Also Henrys told me that if the person doesn't pick it up, it goes back to the warehouse for reprocessing. Not sure if true or not but such waste of time scared me into going to Aden instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1021 posts
15 upvotes
RCGA wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:22 pm
I've been on a list since early May. Brutal.

Apparently the next round of stock is not until July 15th
Holy crow, July 15!
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:27 pm
OH man that's brutal.

Henrys didn't take deposit so who knows if that whole list can cough up $4000 on demand. Also Henrys told me that if the person doesn't pick it up, it goes back to the warehouse for reprocessing. Not sure if true or not but such waste of time scared me into going to Aden instead.
Did Aden tell you when they would be expecting stock?

Has anyone checked Vistek yet and how their waitlist is panning?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3818 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
I have a bunch of preorders. I'm going with the first company who can ship. Amazon, Henry's, Aden, you name it.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3604 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:27 pm
OH man that's brutal.

This is legit.

Henry's head office has a master sheet of who is on the list in order.

They use this to cross reference anyone doing multiple orders are different stores using the same contact information.

If the person at one store doesn't pick it up or declines, they send it back to the warehouse to send it to the next person on the list and the store requested it at.

It's tedious but it keeps the system fair.

This is what Henry's did with the A7R3 launch too.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3604 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
isom3tric wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:11 am
Anybody have any luck getting one recently? I'm also on the Henry's 300+ list haha
I think it's in the 1000s range now.

It's only in the 100s for the kit lens.

Thus why folks are just buying the kit and dumping the lens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2817 posts
51 upvotes
Markham
rebel_rfd wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 3:31 pm
This is legit.

Henry's head office has a master sheet of who is on the list in order.

They use this to cross reference anyone doing multiple orders are different stores using the same contact information.

If the person at one store doesn't pick it up or declines, they send it back to the warehouse to send it to the next person on the list and the store requested it at.

It's tedious but it keeps the system fair.

This is what Henry's did with the A7R3 launch too.
Ohhhh that's actually a good reason. Very formal process.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1021 posts
15 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 3:31 pm

Sorry not quite catching this line, so you're saying its advantageous to be in line at multiple Henry's store?

This is quite frustrating but it is what it is lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3604 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
isom3tric wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 6:51 pm
Sorry not quite catching this line, so you're saying its advantageous to be in line at multiple Henry's store?

This is quite frustrating but it is what it is lol.
Nope, they have a master list at head office to keep track of who is next in order.

Ordering at multiple Henry's doesn't help.

If you're in a rush, US would be a better bet since they have multiple stores.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3818 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Any US stores willing to ship to Canada?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3604 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
RCGA wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 8:34 am
Any US stores willing to ship to Canada?
Plenty, or you can use CrossBorderShip to bring the package up to Mississauga/Markham for you.

Try BH. They tend to have more pull. The Ronin S came out yesterday and they managed to secretly do a deal with DJi to be the exclusive dealer for this entire month.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
3818 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
B&H says no shipping to Canada for the A73