Art and Photography

Anyone want to learn Lightroom...Tonight?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2009 10:06 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3020 posts
331 upvotes
I would probably be more comfortable teaching a beginner lesson.

If we break off into two groups, I could guide the beginners and the advanced users could just learn from each other.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Dec 10, 2005
973 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
So when is the next session and how will we find out about it...will you post it on the thread?
thanks
great innitiation!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2161 posts
218 upvotes
I'd be down for a beginning session, where do I sign up? :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1543 posts
147 upvotes
Do you find colour output of raw files processed by Lightroom different than raw processor from the camera manufacturers itself (for example, Canon raw files processed by Canon raw processor)? Or is it identical?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2153 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
slomo wrote:
Nov 24th, 2009 3:27 pm
Do you find colour output of raw files processed by Lightroom different than raw processor from the camera manufacturers itself (for example, Canon raw files processed by Canon raw processor)? Or is it identical?
Yes, most definitely. LR messes up my RAW files so bad that I have to stay away from doing any RAW processing on it.

I heard they fixed this in Lightroom 2.5. But I never use LR v2.0 for my RAW processing. I stick with Canon's DPP for that.
Jul 6, 2004
173 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
i'd be down for beginner lessons! and in true RFD fashion, do we get a free copy of LR? :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3020 posts
331 upvotes
Well, we're going to need someone to host it. I can host in my building but the room rental is $50.

I actually loss money the last time I did a Lightroom session with TPMG. I couldn't believe the organizer didn't front the $15 difference that I paid out of pocket. Was a bit ridiculous to panalize the host, no?
Aug 25, 2004
151 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
I'm sure everyone attending chipping in $5 or $10 to pay for the room shouldn't be an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 10:02 am
Well, we're going to need someone to host it. I can host in my building but the room rental is $50.

I actually loss money the last time I did a Lightroom session with TPMG. I couldn't believe the organizer didn't front the $15 difference that I paid out of pocket. Was a bit ridiculous to panalize the host, no?
Hey, if everyone chips in thats cool! I'm up for an advanced lesson in lightroom. Actually neltron, i wanna see your photoshop work too.

But do you have a big enough monitor to show all of us ?

Or do we bring laptops..and for those who dont have laptops...where do we look?

Lets chip in, does the room have a projector?
I'm free sunday!
heatware available upon request
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3020 posts
331 upvotes
This will need a bit of organization, let's start a new thread with some options. Week nights or Sundays will probably work best for most people I assume?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
Beginner Lesson

1. cambridgeseller
2. huyzel
3. Yohan
4. kennyluo
5. ekashyap
6. blair7
7. Matrixvibe
8. onlySE
9. mwong168
10. chin
11. Paranoidandroid
12. bpopd

Advanced Lesson
1. ldam
2. zero_2003
3. bpopd

This is the current list, Neltron3030, how many people is the cutoff? How many people can that $50 room support?

Once you define a day/time (neltron, just set a day and if people can't make it, so be it). Post up here... and Everyone can use this list to confirm, and if they want to add to the list, just post here, and add to it.
heatware available upon request
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2153 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I prefer Weekday after 6pm. Or early morning on weekends.
May 30, 2007
121 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bpopd wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 4:56 pm
Beginner Lesson

1. cambridgeseller
2. huyzel
3. Yohan
4. kennyluo
5. ekashyap
6. blair7
7. Matrixvibe
8. onlySE
9. mwong168
10. chin
11. Paranoidandroid
12. bpopd

Advanced Lesson
1. ldam
2. zero_2003
3. bpopd

This is the current list, Neltron3030, how many people is the cutoff? How many people can that $50 room support?

Once you define a day/time (neltron, just set a day and if people can't make it, so be it). Post up here... and Everyone can use this list to confirm, and if they want to add to the list, just post here, and add to it.
Please add me to the list. Thank you.
Oct 11, 2006
947 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
i wonder what the beginner level is like

i have been processing using LR for more than half a year, so if the beginner session is for completely new LR users, please move me up, thanks!