Art and Photography

Anyone want to learn Lightroom...Tonight?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2009 10:06 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3040 posts
365 upvotes
Just to let everyone know, I live down on Queens Quay and Bathurst. There's parking in my building but it is limited. Pay parking across the street can be $7-10. TTC is very easy to get to from Union Station. The last one I did with TPMG, there were initially 20 people signed on (it was full!), and we ended up with 6. There were a lot of people from the burbs who committed but decided to bail on it last minute because it was too far.

I don't want to book the room, pay the money, then be out again. I can maybe get a projector but it didn't work that good last time because it didn't project on the walls well. There's a TV in the room so we can probably hook up my laptop to it? I don't know how though.

I need to check the room availability and get back to everyone, thanks. I am thinking an evening on a Wednesday or Thursday in the next few weeks.

Neil
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
Beginner Lesson
1. cambridgeseller
2. huyzel
3. Yohan
4. bpopd
5. ekashyap
6. blair7
7. Matrixvibe
8. onlySE
9. mwong168
10. chin
11. Paranoidandroid

Advanced Lesson
1. ldam
2. zero_2003
3. bpopd
4. kennyluo

Okay everyone here needs to confirm for wednesday or thursday next week, I also suspect that 70% of you guys will bail out.

This is how it will work. For the existing members that decide to show, they will split the room coverage fee, that is most fair.

As for lessons, neltron3030, could you do an advanced lesson as well as a photoshop Q&A?

I've been using LR since it came out, so I'm fairly familiar with settings. But probably it will be only me showing up for an advanced lesson.
heatware available upon request
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
Toronto
I can look into getting a projector - just let me know the date and I'll confirm it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7368 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to come late to this thread but if a North Etobicoke location (H.27 and Dixon) would work for people, I may be able to arrange a room with a projector and free parking.
Sep 12, 2006
908 posts
41 upvotes
for those of you that cannot attend the training for various reasons do the following.

a. open your browser
b. google: vimeo lightroom 2

I am sure there is no substitute for class time but these tutorials are fantastic and you can follow them wearing nothing more then your boxers or thongs in the privacy of your own home.

Try to get away with that in class.... :D

No hijack intended.
Jul 6, 2004
173 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga
.:first to jump ship:.

sorry guys, got thrown onto night shift for the next couple weeks so i'm out. :( i'll have to check in with you guys next time.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
blair7 wrote:

Lightroom
"I can be there by 7 or 7:30 either Wednesday or Thursday.

I am coming from Oshawa.

do I need to bring a laptop with Lightroom installed? "

Bpopd:
Neltron3030, I can make it in if we can get at least 10 people involved. So the costs are lower.
heatware available upon request
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14947 posts
1913 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
chin wrote:
Nov 28th, 2009 12:16 pm
.:first to jump ship:.

sorry guys, got thrown onto night shift for the next couple weeks so i'm out. :( i'll have to check in with you guys next time.
I can't make it as well. Sorry guys :cry: , I hope for another tutorial oppurtunity.
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
Toronto
I can do thursday. I live down the street from neil actually. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a projector. Will confirm when I get to work on tuesday.
Aug 25, 2004
151 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
This Thursday is not good for me. Any other day I'm game.
Oct 11, 2006
970 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
i am fine for wed/thurs but i would also prefer more ppl so the cost is lower
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3040 posts
365 upvotes
Ok, there's availability NEXT week Wed and Thurs (Dec 9th and 10th). We can do this at around 7pm, which will give people enough time to get downtown (if they need to).

Please let me know if you can make on either or both days. I will choose the most popular date and go from there.

Here's a short list of items I can cover in the beginner session:

1. Basic navigation
2. Managing workflow - flagging, rating, compare view, keywording, metadata
3. Develop tab - using presets!, basic editing, brushes (soften skin, brighten teeth)
4. Exporting to web, jpg, Photoshop (for further editing)

I don't really use the Slideshow, Print, and Web tabs to be perfectly honest. For the more experienced users, the last workshop I did the veterans just sat at a table and learned from each other...that worked out really well.

Neil
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5856 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
^ You can soften skin, and brighten teeth in lightroom?!

I though that took more advanced programs like Photoshop.
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Oct 11, 2006
970 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
kay188 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2009 10:23 pm
^ You can soften skin, and brighten teeth in lightroom?!

I though that took more advanced programs like Photoshop.
they have a brush tool in LR to do it