Art and Photography

Anyone want to learn Lightroom...Tonight?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2009 10:06 am
Feb 26, 2008
44 posts
oh geez, i can't believe i missed this thread! can i still sign up? if so, please count me in for the beginner class. i live relatively close (bloor, bathurst) so i don't think transportation will be too difficult if its close to a ttc stop :)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2153 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2009 9:50 pm
Ok, there's availability NEXT week Wed and Thurs (Dec 9th and 10th). We can do this at around 7pm, which will give people enough time to get downtown (if they need to).

Please let me know if you can make on either or both days. I will choose the most popular date and go from there.

Here's a short list of items I can cover in the beginner session:

1. Basic navigation
2. Managing workflow - flagging, rating, compare view, keywording, metadata
3. Develop tab - using presets!, basic editing, brushes (soften skin, brighten teeth)
4. Exporting to web, jpg, Photoshop (for further editing)

I don't really use the Slideshow, Print, and Web tabs to be perfectly honest. For the more experienced users, the last workshop I did the veterans just sat at a table and learned from each other...that worked out really well.

Neil
Neil,

Both days will work out for me. Thanks for setting this up. I bet the everyone will appreciating this learning session.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2009 9:50 pm
Ok, there's availability NEXT week Wed and Thurs (Dec 9th and 10th). We can do this at around 7pm, which will give people enough time to get downtown (if they need to).

Please let me know if you can make on either or both days. I will choose the most popular date and go from there.

Here's a short list of items I can cover in the beginner session:

1. Basic navigation
2. Managing workflow - flagging, rating, compare view, keywording, metadata
3. Develop tab - using presets!, basic editing, brushes (soften skin, brighten teeth)
4. Exporting to web, jpg, Photoshop (for further editing)

I don't really use the Slideshow, Print, and Web tabs to be perfectly honest. For the more experienced users, the last workshop I did the veterans just sat at a table and learned from each other...that worked out really well.

Neil

Im game for thursday evening (dec 10)
List:

1. Bpopd

Add yerself, and whats the cost? $50/room?
heatware available upon request
Sep 28, 2009
420 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
Thursday works best for me.

I can make Wednesday work it that is better for others.

Thanks for doing this.
Aug 25, 2004
151 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)

Add yourself, and whats the cost? $50/room?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2153 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)
3. zero_2003 (Wed or Thurs)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3020 posts
331 upvotes
Yes, cost is $50 for the room. Another option would be to do it in my condo, but I'm in a ridiculously small bachelor unit.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Nov 5, 2009
97 posts
Toronto
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)

I can do Wednesday, NOT Thursday, and so won't put my name in case someone else can use the slot.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
well we only got <4 people right now.

we could just huddle around a laptop? Instead of renting a room.

renting the room is probably better if we had at least 10 people...

but we barely have 3.

Im up for anything Neil.
You call the shots! :)
Feb 26, 2008
44 posts
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)
4. leftear ( wed or thurs)

is it okay if i'm extremely noob? i have no pp experience at all.
Oct 11, 2006
947 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)
5. kennyluo (wed or thurs)

as far as i know i am fine with these days, i agree we dont need a room if we have such a small group

maybe we can go to u of t and steal a tutorial room/lecture room? i remember doing that a lot back at the days
Sep 28, 2009
420 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
1. Bpopd
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)
6. Blair7 (wed or thurs)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
1. Bpopd(Wed or Thurs)
2. Yohan (Wed or Thurs)
6. Blair7 (wed or thurs)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3020 posts
331 upvotes
Ok guys, I am looking at next Thursday as the date. Should I go ahead and book this?

The other option is to do it in my condo, but it is SUPER small. I am going to try to hook up my laptop to the TV in the party room so that people can actually see.

Remember that if I book this and only two people show up...they're responsible for the room between them...so don't let the other RFDers down if you've committed!

Neil
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
neltron3030 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2009 4:36 pm
Ok guys, I am looking at next Thursday as the date. Should I go ahead and book this?

The other option is to do it in my condo, but it is SUPER small. I am going to try to hook up my laptop to the TV in the party room so that people can actually see.

Remember that if I book this and only two people show up...they're responsible for the room between them...so don't let the other RFDers down if you've committed!

Neil
Neil, I really would not mind the living room haha, im such a cheapskate. But I want everyone to commit before you book the room. Is there a way to pay you in advance? EMT an amount? After you receive the $50, you book it?

I dont want to end up having 1 person show, and having to pay $50 all on one guy. I would definitely postpone this until people pay up.

Give me an EMT address, and I'll EMT you the amount depending on the split.
It should be 6 people right now, which means it's $8.33 / person