• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2022 2:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
Have a psychometric assessment i believe with the ttc tomorrow, any advice?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Guys with 309A?
Why are you just not working as a regular 309A electrician?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Good luck! You've come a long way from playing with toy choo choo train to now being tested to see if you can play with the real size underground train!
Dec 13, 2017
267 posts
204 upvotes
Idk why but this made me LOL, my co-workers looks over and were like whats wrong with this guy
Poppwl wrote: Good luck! You've come a long way from playing with toy choo choo train to now being tested to see if you can play with the real size underground train!
Apr 15, 2018
1 posts
Hey everyone,

Can someone walk me through the application process? I applied for the overhead linesperson assistant. I wrote the electrical aptitude test, got interviewed about a month later, and some of my references told me they were contacted 3 days after my interview. Do they call everyone's references or only the references if those they are interested in? What happens next? I heard there was a medical, what does that consist of? Is there anything after that?
Jul 15, 2018
2 posts
Hey, I'm in the same boat for a different jobs. The signals apprentice. Did they give you a job offer? They called all three of my reference. I passed the test and my interview was alright.
Aug 4, 2018
1 posts
i have basic test for radio technician, would anyone tell me what can i expect in this test
Jul 15, 2018
2 posts
Ryanl134 wrote: Hey, I'm in the same boat for a different jobs. The signals apprentice. Did they give you a job offer? They called all three of my reference. I passed the test and my interview was alright.
I'm in the same boat too for the same job. Signal apprentice which i applied for in march. Did you get your call from hr yet?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
If they're checking your references, it's because they're interested in you.
They will most likely only call 2 of your 3 references.
They called both my refs couple weeks apart!
And then called me a couple weeks later with a job offer.
I'm torn between staying with the TDSB (unionized easy work. decent pay) I can goto school and get a 4th class engineer ticket and upgrade it over time.
OR
I can do the apprenticeship at TTC for Electrician - Wiring & Service (Grade One)
Really torn here!
Jul 27, 2021
1 posts
Hello what is the test about i do have test tomorrow any tops please ??
thank you
Feb 12, 2022
1 posts
Hi, does anyone know how many people on average pass the electrical aptitude test to get an interview for overhead line technician? I passed it. But my interview did not go that well. So I was wondering what are my odds. There were around 200 candidates who gave pre-entrance test for 25-30 positions. I passed pre-entrance aptitude, had my interview, now waiting for 3 weeks for a response. (Over head line apprentice)
Dec 3, 2019
2 posts
Hey bro, i have my test in a few weeks, hope you got an interview by now, what kind of things should i expect, is it too difficult or am i overthinking it?
Dec 16, 2022
2 posts
cowbunpants wrote: Guys with 309A?
Why are you just not working as a regular 309A electrician?
this job pays more than most of the other private employers of 309A License holders, has more job security & there is an opportunity to learn and improve in a diverse environment.
Dec 16, 2022
2 posts
had this test 2 days ago. not really a big deal. just know your tools and rigid conduit bender. have knowledge about OHSA, Ohm's law, Kirchhoff's circuit laws, and you are good to go.
best of luck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)