Careers

anyone working for Bell Technical Solutions? or a field technician?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2017 2:41 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 20, 2012
21 posts
1 upvote
WINDSOR
Johnnyx wrote:
Jul 11th, 2012 7:45 pm
yep, everyone quits
Well I was really given the option to quit or get terminated. I never made my 90 days. They said I missed to many days work already. That's because I was put in the hospital for 5 days because of an aliment I developed over the years. They did not care at all.
Mar 7, 2012
13 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
Oh well, at least you got the free paid training. If they wanna loose money hiring then firing people it's their loss. With the way they treat people I'm surprised more don't quit... those that stay on must be really good at kissing ***** .
Oct 22, 2010
8 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
The ones that stay on are good at their job..Work hard and are skilled.. Not because they kiss a****..
That was insulting to everyone working as a tech..
Some of us have no choice some of us need to earn a living...BTW.. Johnny I don't take you seriously.. You would not make comments like that if you really worked as a tech . Either you were not liked or was just bad at your job.. Either way your kissing butt was very tasteless . Especially to your coworkers
Feb 2, 2008
2 posts
I am transferring to 905 in January. My employee # is B591**. Do the Oshawa guys with 3.5 years work a full winter? When I was at the Markham work center I was surprised to see guys with less seniority than myself already full time. We have a guy on our schedule with 12 years and still TRPT. Thanks.
Nov 25, 2012
1 posts
MISSISSAUGA
This company is garbage. You do not want to work for bts. They say the longer you work here, the better it gets. well it doesn't. I have been working for BTS for close to 3 years. The treatment from the managers is terrible, installing iptv (which wasn't something i signed up for but was forced into it even though installing cable and stealing jobs from expressvu wasnt part of the initial job description).Don't forget, we also pay the union to screw us over. that's why we don't get promoted. I am supposed to have been promoted to spt back in may because they do upgrades in may and October... according to the contract at least... but who goes by that anyways? now its December and they still haven't done upgrades. The treatment from the managers is terrible and that will never improve if they treated you like a number, literally B59***, that would be great, but instead, they treat you like an animal. The mandatory over time and the mandatory every single Saturday you have to work makes for a great personal life. If anybody is thinking about joining BTS... and yes... injuries do happen all the time, but you'll never hear about them. like technicians getting mugged, guys falling off polls... back, leg, arm, and eye injuries... yes they happen. other technicians wont hear about them but they happen. friend of mine fell from a pole and landed on concrete. Another tried to safety a job. 2 Managers came out and pressured him to climb and like a fool he did. as he was coming down he tried to step off the pole and go on the roof of the tool shed (That's why he tried to safety it) slipped on the shed twisted his back and while he was on light duties the regional manager accused him of "Milking it" screaming that out loud in the shop. Like i said, we're animals to them. The pay is aweful especially for technical skills we have and must apply.... and blah blah blah i can make a 20 page forum of why not to apply to bell but im not gunna waste my time... im trying to get out and have been since i got trained but the job market is difficult... if you put me back in a position where i was completely unemployed and withering a way or getting hired at 14.20 (the starting wage) i would stay unemployed making no money... however since I've had so many raises i choose to stay working at bts cause i am making much more than 14.20 and suck it up while i look around for any opportunity and i mean ANY.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1171 posts
79 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Whenever a bell tech comes into my house to fix someththing they're always the happiest people, clearly loving their job. But maybe they are just happy because I'm not making them climb up poles... You guys completely chaned my point of view on their job
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1447 upvotes
Pickering
jrychlik wrote:
Nov 27th, 2012 7:38 am
Whenever a bell tech comes into my house to fix someththing they're always the happiest people, clearly loving their job. But maybe they are just happy because I'm not making them climb up poles... You guys completely chaned my point of view on their job
Last one I talked to was still TPT after 3 years. He was happy, sure, but if he knew what others were getting for similar work, his attitude might change. The union really f-ed everybody up on their last deal. It was waaaaaaay better to work there prior to 1996 and was a sought after job. Now it is for 18-26 year olds with no kids or wife. Max pay for BTS is still lower than what Bell was paying in 1996...
Oct 22, 2010
8 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yes I heard of the guy who was pressured to climb and hurt his back.
Regional manager humiliated him infront of others calling him a milker.
Heard Regional appologized infront of president of union.
Guy is a stand up tech . Very friendly and would go out of his way for anyone.
I feel sorry for him as he did not deserve that treatment.He should have had someone called to climb using the new hook method .
Mar 3, 2009
89 posts
15 upvotes
Anyone do the face to face with bts and get the job that would like to comment on how long before they called you back?
Mar 13, 2013
1 posts
Hi i m from south short of Montreal, i have a question : I'm planning to apply for job with bts but my concern is my driving license has 6 demerits points is it a problem.
thanks
Mar 7, 2012
13 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
faiqkh wrote:
Mar 14th, 2013 6:34 pm
Hi i m from south short of Montreal, i have a question : I'm planning to apply for job with bts but my concern is my driving license has 6 demerits points is it a problem.
thanks
ya you wont get the job
Mar 3, 2009
89 posts
15 upvotes
Did anyone get the call for classes starting in may for the oshawa group?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1602 upvotes
North York
my younger brother was asking me about this company.
what kind of college programs do they look for in candidates?
any places i can shoot him off to? or sites he can read up on?
Jul 30, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
pilmania wrote:
Mar 25th, 2009 9:36 pm
Hey, I got hired as a field technician for bell technical solutions (previously entourage) and started my training this monday and i am starting to get worried a little. the job looks extremely dangerous as we have to climb up the ladders, climb up the poles and deal with live electricity and stuff. and the first day, the trainer was mostly talking about the accidents happened in the past.. just kept on going and going how someone lost both the legs some lost an eye, thumbs, broke backs, shoulders you name it. yet the starting pay is basically same as what i was getting at call centre where i didn't have to risk my life and on top of that we have to pay for the benefit package and also union fee. well it's only the 3rd day of my training so i'll stop complaing for now. anyone been working for bell tech solutions or know a field technician in telecommunications field, please share your story. thanks
Your absolutely right, this job and the company are pure garbage I worked there, sat through their safety meetings and then as soon as you get out in the field your manager throws your safety out the window. My "manager/moron" Tim Jacky threatened to kill me after taking me into a small room for a man to man after I tried to safety a job, I grieved him to the "union/ ***** " and got fired under section 8.04 less than 400 hours, my ROE showed up with 752 hours on it.

These people are pure ***** , the job is ***** , take ANYTHING ELSE ANYWHERE.

PS: Hey Tim, come and get me pal.)