Students

Anyone you know of found a job after completing CTY at SENECA????

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2013 8:50 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 29, 2012
11 posts
MARKHAM

Anyone you know of found a job after completing CTY at SENECA????

Just wondering if the 3 years are worth the time?

Has anyone of you or that you might know found a job after completion? What will people be making as entry level??
7 replies
Apr 8, 2009
695 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm interested in this as well. About to finish my first semester of CTY.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
The only way to REALLY get a job, is to keep your GPA over 3.0, get a GOOD co-op, and hope to goodness the company you co-op with, likes you enough to hire you on after.
You MAY get lucky and land a job after but, it doesn't appear to be that good right now, from what I've heard from a couple people who've taken the course.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3870 upvotes
I started this program in September 2010. Did 3 semesters of school and then applied and got into co-op. Ended up getting a co-op position with the government for 4 months. Came back to the same ministry in government from May to December 2012 so that I could get a year of experience overall. Then in December I downgraded to CNS and graduated.

I took January off and then started applying to jobs in early February. Landed a job at a small software company in downtown Toronto in mid-March and I start on Monday! Salary starts at 45k + bonus.
Apr 13, 2011
324 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
_Allan_ wrote: The only way to REALLY get a job, is to keep your GPA over 3.0, get a GOOD co-op, and hope to goodness the company you co-op with, likes you enough to hire you on after.
You MAY get lucky and land a job after but, it doesn't appear to be that good right now, from what I've heard from a couple people who've taken the course.
So your basically saying that if you can't get into co-op then you won't be able to find a job after you graduate?
Oct 22, 2012
115 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
the thing is its all about work experience after you graduate....like as of now grades do matter but not that much as long as you have a GPA of 2.5 or higher...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1903 posts
186 upvotes
JEFFMAN90 wrote: So your basically saying that if you can't get into co-op then you won't be able to find a job after you graduate?
Pretty much...no experience = no job.
Apr 13, 2011
324 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
world25 wrote: Pretty much...no experience = no job.
Thats not really true if you know someone who works in the industry you can network and find a job

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)