Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 1, 2015
149 posts
24 upvotes
Guelph, ON

Anything worth buying in the U.S ?

My friends are I are going to drive to Detroit see the north american auto show tomorrow, and we were planning to stop at a Costco and a outlet mall there as well.
I understand that our dollars are below 69 cents US. However, anything worth buying down there since we are going there anyway?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1629 posts
1214 upvotes
shoes? if there's a particular brand you're eyeing, might want to check out some prices while there since they may end up much cheaper.
Always hungry ;)
Jun 12, 2010
666 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
be careful where you stop in detroit! google maps might say there's a big nice mall but it's probably in a bad neighborhood.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
754 upvotes
Vancouver
went to outlet last week
absolutely nothing worth buying.
they are more expansive or barely any difference.
Apr 19, 2015
290 posts
126 upvotes
N/A
I think you can still save a couple bucks on Lodge cast iron at Wal-Mart in the US, but looking at the US website it appears that prices have gone up a few dollars. Interesting.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2015
149 posts
24 upvotes
Guelph, ON
importpsycho wrote: went to outlet last week
absolutely nothing worth buying.
they are more expansive or barely any difference.
nooo :(
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2619 posts
1722 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
lichda wrote: My friends are I are going to drive to Detroit see the north american auto show tomorrow, and we were planning to stop at a Costco and a outlet mall there as well.
I understand that our dollars are below 69 cents US. However, anything worth buying down there since we are going there anyway?
Here's a thought...why don't you just think about what you may want to be buying and do some research on Canadian cost before heading down to the good ol' USA? Once there, you can scope out what it was YOU wanted to buy and make a decision on whether it's worthwhile. There are multiple "I'm going to the USA this weekend, what should I buy?" threads started each year and I think it's pointless asking others for suggestions on what you should be buying. For example, someone may suggest shoes. You may not want shoes. Someone may suggest printer toner. You may not want printer toner.

Decide what YOU want (if anything) and do some comparisons online either there (if you have US data or wifi access) or before you go so you're informed. Remember to add 12% tax to the comparison so if you do get dinged coming across the border it's not a surprise (but if you don't get dinged, then you're that much more ahead). :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.