Off Topic Archive

Locked: Anywhere sell pre-cooked turkey?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2010 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2006
9775 posts
468 upvotes
North America

Anywhere sell pre-cooked turkey?

My mom is too lazy to cook up a turkey dinner these days, but I still want to have turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. Does anyone know where I can buy precooked turkey? I'm in Toronto btw.
Share:
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2730 posts
40 upvotes
Markham
It's pretty easy to cook one. Buy a frozen turkey, put some stuffing. that's about it.....

Just letting you know how easy it is...your request is kinda like buying sliced fruit....

Not sure why you mentioned your mom...since you can do it...I'm trying my best to not judge you as a very weak person. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5778 posts
20 upvotes
you two must be friends. i would try metro and alike stores, but they might have tiny ones..

but ya, your mom would love it if you learned how and stepped up :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9208 posts
416 upvotes
Markham
T&T sells them cooked, but as it's a Chinese store I doubt they know how to make turkey properly.
:lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3373 posts
821 upvotes
Ottawa
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 1:15 am
My mom is too lazy to cook up a turkey dinner these days

Wow, talk about being lazy and unappreciative. If your mom is too tired (or lazy as you put it), get off your ass and cook it yourself. Surprise her after all those years she has cooked you turkey.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2006
9775 posts
468 upvotes
North America
shadow_cruiser wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 1:50 am
Wow, talk about being lazy and unappreciative. If your mom is too tired (or lazy as you put it), get off your ass and cook it yourself. Surprise her after all those years she has cooked you turkey.

I was quoting her directly. My way of stepping up is buying the turkey so we can still enjoy it.
Mar 12, 2008
985 posts
18 upvotes
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 1:54 am
My way of stepping up is buying the turkey so we can still enjoy it.
:lol:

That's good of you. But it'd be extra special if you prepared it yourself.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10047 posts
104 upvotes
Can't you get turkey TV dinners?

Make sure you get some Pepto Bismol to go with it.
Jan 3, 2006
186 posts
1 upvote
Longo's sells a complete turkey dinner with sides for about $90..not sure what the deadline for ordering is though.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34707 posts
1569 upvotes
Toronto
you could get the pre-brined, pre-marinaded, pre-stuffed turkeys. Just follow the instructions and pop it in the oven.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3682 posts
98 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Oct 8th, 2010 3:09 am
you could get the pre-brined, pre-marinaded, pre-stuffed turkeys. Just follow the instructions and pop it in the oven.

What if you don't have the appropriate cookware, like a pan deep enough to cook a turkey?

Our "family" turkey dinner is being postponed by 2 weeks but I would still like to have a turkey dinner monday. I was just going to buy a rotisserie chicken from GCSS and make all the other usual sides and pretends its turkey but I would love to know if its possible to just buy non-processed turkey portions :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
3568 posts
31 upvotes
just go to loblaws and buy a pre-cooked chicken and say its a baby turkey
shaka braddah!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7765 posts
158 upvotes
Try some deli's in mid- town Toronto
× < >